Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    What I really want to know is if I can have the option of japanese dub with english/german sub...

You know, in germany we often have this discussion about 'You only play the english version because you think it sounds cooler'
    While that is often the case for me, the main reason I watch/play things in their original language is because you get much closer to the original intent of the creators.
    The Metro games for example are a completely different level of immersion if you play them in russian or other languages.
    Well aside from the intro Cut scene, I am not sure how much is voiced over but playing through the options I did not see anything for japanese with english subs.

What I really want to know is if I can have the option of japanese dub with english/german sub...
    I'm on the same boat.
    Someone subbed the JP Crystal Trailer.
    Your you're own enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Well aside from the intro Cut scene, I am not sure how much is voiced over but playing through the options I did not see anything for japanese with english subs.
    They have said that the main quest has full VO. And you can play with Jap VO and Eng subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    the main story quests (not class quests) will be voiced as far as I am aware.

To the one mentioning replacing the files : I'd rather not manipulate gamefiles in a p2p MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I'd like to reiterate same question. I am huge fan of FF, and played every game except XI and XIII. I am considering to try FF XIV, but not if it will be another WoW-clone in disguise with raid-centered endgame.
    To be honest (from an outsider's point of view), it seems like TBC WoW in some respects which I love (Professions requiring many materials/farming; as opposed to what the likes of Blacksmithing has become in WoW, where you can get by with about...3/4 different materials that are easily farmed). Likewise, there appear to be an element of difficulty and skill required; something that has again been lacking in 90% of WoW content (the other 10% being normal and to a greater extent, Heroic raiding, where mechanics/strategy/skill are still important). Having to take care even with respect to day-to-day mobs out in the world (I read a comment where someone had 1/3 of their health taken off from an unavoided headbutt) introduces a degree of difficulty that has gradually receded in WoW.

I do agree with you however, that I wouldn't want the game to be raid-centered; though likewise, I don't mind if they have their own part to play. World bosses, questing and other forms of content are just as enjoyable to me, if not moreso, than raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    They have said that the main quest has full VO. And you can play with Jap VO and Eng subs.
    Oh cool. Where did they say that?

Deleted
    good news about the VO if it's true. Hope They do this for all future FF games, I was stuck with english VO in FFX in the german version. Not bad but not the same. and Tidus VO sucked.

Didn't they even change the japanese vocal song for XIII in the western releaseß haven't played that one yet.

Also, it just registered to me that Cids Airship is named Enterprise...a Star Trek reference in Final Fantasy? I've seen it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly I enjoy japanese voices on the humanoid characters for reasons previously mentioned, but Ifrit sounds cooler in English? I think my favorite voices though have to be Deathwing or Arthas' father from the WoW cinematic (if there is one thing Blizzard did right, it was their cinematics).

I didn't experience the same level of awesomeness on Gilgamesh as you all :[ but I suppose that might be because I played with a controller and barely looked at my chat. Additionally, I started in Limsa Limahsdahsu, which had only Marauders. I'll probably roll conjurer for phase 4.

Does anyone have an official statement on what is required for the warrior job? I've heard gladiator + marauder, but also pugilist + marauder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil-Iris View Post
    Interestingly I enjoy japanese voices on the humanoid characters for reasons previously mentioned, but Ifrit sounds cooler in English? I think my favorite voices though have to be Deathwing or Arthas' father from the WoW cinematic (if there is one thing Blizzard did right, it was their cinematics).

I didn't experience the same level of awesomeness on Gilgamesh as you all :[ but I suppose that might be because I played with a controller and barely looked at my chat. Additionally, I started in Limsa Limahsdahsu, which had only Marauders. I'll probably roll conjurer for phase 4.

Does anyone have an official statement on what is required for the warrior job? I've heard gladiator + marauder, but also pugilist + marauder?
    Officaly to unlock it just marauder and gladiator.

To unlock Warrior, you have to level Marauder to level 30 and Gladiator to level 15.
    As for starting in Limsa Liminsa, it will be more lively come release as the Arcanist Guild is there. But during beta, yeah Limsa was kinda dead. Most people were in Ul'Dah region or Gridania.

Also, it just registered to me that Cids Airship is named Enterprise...a Star Trek reference in Final Fantasy? I've seen it all.
    And there is an Airship named Tiny Bronco (Final Fantasy VII) piloted by Biggs and Wedge (Final Fantasy... many of them)
    Last edited by Navine; 2013-06-25 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    good news about the VO if it's true. Hope They do this for all future FF games, I was stuck with english VO in FFX in the german version. Not bad but not the same. and Tidus VO sucked.

Didn't they even change the japanese vocal song for XIII in the western releaseß haven't played that one yet.

Yeah playing FFX atm while I wait for the next beta test and god I hate the voice acting. The game apart from that is brilliant though. FF13 went even further and gave us not only a horrible english dub but even a different song, Leona Lewis GTFO the japanese song was a trillion times better. Hope BS like this becomes a thing of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navine View Post
    To unlock Warrior, you have to level Marauder to level 30 and Gladiator to level 15.
    As for starting in Limsa Liminsa, it will be more lively come release as the Arcanist Guild is there. But during beta, yeah Limsa was kinda dead. Most people were in Ul'Dah region or Gridania
    Ah, that would explain the lack of social experience!

In this article they announced a VA for Thancred I believe.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...-realm-reborn/

And i can't find the original article, but it was a Dev saying you'd have voice over in English, Japanse, German, and French.
    http://thecolorless.net/posts/28973

Ah, that would explain the lack of social experience!
    Yeah, for starter city-states:
    Ul'dah will have Thaumaturge, Gladiator, and Pugilist Guild
    Gridania will have Conjurer, Archer, and Lancer Guild
    Limsa will have Marauder and Arcanist Guild

So Ul'dah and Gridania will have 3 classes starting in them and Limsa will have 2 (or just 1 for beta). It will even out those as a lot of people are excited to play Arcanist (myself included) and will be in the Limsa area at release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for starter city-states:
    Ul'dah will have Thaumaturge, Gladiator, and Pugilist Guild
    Gridania will have Conjurer, Archer, and Lancer Guild
    Limsa will have Marauder and Arcanist Guild

So Ul'dah and Gridania will have 3 classes starting in them and Limsa will have 2 (or just 1 for beta). It will even out those as a lot of people are excited to play Arcanist (myself included) and will be in the Limsa area at release.
    Made me sad that I had to start in Gridania as both Lancer and Conjurer. Much as I hated 1.0, Limsa Lominsa was the shit.

Deleted
    920,000 beta registrations, so I'm guessing around 1 million subscribers at launch. If the game is as good in later levels as it was in lower levels during my testing experience and continues the quality through to end game, this game is going to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    920,000 beta registrations, so I'm guessing around 1 million subscribers at launch. If the game is as good in later levels as it was in lower levels during my testing experience and continues the quality through to end game, this game is going to be huge.
    I thought it was 720K?
    Well in any case, not everyone who registers for beta is going to buy the game, so I don't know about a million. Maybe 500K though.

Oh so does anyone know if there's going to be a beta test this weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I thought it was 720K?
    Well in any case, not everyone who registers for beta is going to buy the game, so I don't know about a million. Maybe 500K though.

There should be one, I think the only thing they have planned for phase three betas is makeing them a few days longer as it gets closer to the end of the beta phase. There should be an anouncement in the next day or so on the beta test forums.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Still no official word

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no official word
    posted today on the beta forums:

Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (06/25/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

•Dates and Times
    June 28, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 30 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
    June 28, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 30 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)