15+ Year Old Account
    Roughly 2 hours every other night or so doing the fates that spawned. The ones I could solo, of course. I did that for about 2 months and 3 weeks. Most of that was in Sea of Clouds. I managed to get the 3 in Dravania pretty quickly, but as soon as I hit SoC they dried up fast. I leveled my DrG from 50-60 doing mostly fates, and I'm working on my BLM (55 now) doing the same Sea of Cloud fates for the air crystals. I'm not deliberately exaggerating for sympathy, it just happened. I do wish I had done Alexander instead of being terrified of playing in a small group. I'd probably have a 230 weapon by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Several disadvantages
    Oh dear... thank you. Well I absolutely am aware that I don't play the game in any effective manner am I am currently not yet willing to learn to do so. I am like only doing story quests + random 1 dungeon/day + fates till agenda is done leaving even a simple inventory cleaning behind -> I haven't even looked what stuff I got (besides gear and stuff obviously) or how this synthesize stuff works besides the one time where you went there for the story quest. I began to use bonus stats at 35 for the first time because I wasn't sure what role they play (figured they are some left-over from ancient times of rewarding a levelup).

So I knew I would not have a good reason but I am someone who wants to play all classes/jobs before even doing anything serious so I need to decide when I have to get serious - an if I stay on my current character that means it will probably be earlier. Still have my Fantasia potions... so maybe will use those + throw some money till I have "experienced" and got "bored" of just looks and feelings.

Thank you for your reply Sir!
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-06-05 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Oh dear... thank you. Well I absolutely am aware that I don't play the game in any effective manner am I am currently not yet willing to learn to do so. I am like only doing story quests + random 1 dungeon/day + fates till agenda is done leaving even a simple inventory cleaning behind -> I haven't even looked what stuff I got (besides gear and stuff obviously) or how this synthesize stuff works besides the one time where you went there for the story quest. I began to use bonus stats at 35 for the first time because I wasn't sure what role they play (figured they are some left-over from ancient times of rewarding a levelup).

So I knew I would not have a good reason but I am someone who wants to play all classes/jobs before even doing anything serious so I need to decide when I have to get serious - an if I stay on my current character that means it will probably be earlier. Still have my Fantasia potions... so maybe will use those + throw some money till I have "experienced" and got "bored" of just looks and feelings.

Thank you for your reply Sir!
    Oh yeah i DID forget you DO need cross class skills like warrior and drk need a paladins Provoke which he gets at 24 then each job does require another class...Sooe eventually you'd have alot of say level 15 classes or higher just to perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Roughly 2 hours every other night or so doing the fates that spawned. The ones I could solo, of course. I did that for about 2 months and 3 weeks. Most of that was in Sea of Clouds. I managed to get the 3 in Dravania pretty quickly, but as soon as I hit SoC they dried up fast. I leveled my DrG from 50-60 doing mostly fates, and I'm working on my BLM (55 now) doing the same Sea of Cloud fates for the air crystals. I'm not deliberately exaggerating for sympathy, it just happened. I do wish I had done Alexander instead of being terrified of playing in a small group. I'd probably have a 230 weapon by now.
    Insanely unlikely, but still possible.
    Just out of morbid curiosity: you didn't, by chance, track the number of FATEs done via the FATE achievement counters?

Alexander 8 can easily be done with randoms. I did so in order to get a 230 weapon for my DRK.
    If you go in as DPS, no one an see if your damage is crap anyway. So, relax and pay attention to the mechanics.

Alexander Midas are fun encounters, I can only recommend to do them.
    I say that as a player that, like you, shied away from them for 6 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Alexander 8 can easily be done with randoms. I did so in order to get a 230 weapon for my DRK.
    If you go in as DPS, no one an see if your damage is crap anyway. So, relax and pay attention to the mechanics.
    Parsers do exist so people can see your damage but if they bring it up in a negative way that can be grounds for harrassment

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Parsers do exist so people can see your damage but if they bring it up in a negative way that can be grounds for harrassment
    Which is why no one does it.

So in essence: unless you obviously gimp on mechanics, you can faceroll your way through as DPS.

I don't recommend trying that as a healer/tank though. We don't get that luxury. ._.

Please learn about Mathematics, esp probability and statistics.

It IS possible (albeit extremely unlikely).
    It's like my racing chocobos. The first one was male, the 9 I've bred since then have all been female. 50/50 chance of getting either? FML
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    It's like my racing chocobos. The first one was male, the 9 I've bred since then have all been female. 50/50 chance of getting either? FML
    *chuckles*
    Getting 9 females would have a probability of 0.0019 or roughly 2 in 1000.

If only one were as lucky in other areas of the game, eh?

Well the drop % is what? 3%?
    Depending on zone population you can do ~ 20 to 25 FATEs per hour (much less if you have to solo them).

0.97^25 = 0.467 (probability to NOT get a crystal) -> 1-p = 53.3% chance of getting a crystal per hour.

Just for kicks: an hour per day for 90 days would be 25*90 FATEs = 2250 FATEs (a lot)

0.97^2250 = 1.723 * 10^-30 (probability of not getting a crystal).
    1 -p = .. well my calculator says 1, because subtracting 0.0 ...(28 more 0s)...1723 from 1 is rather ... umm senseless.
    A probability of 1 = 100% drop chance.

I agree with you: he definitely did NOT farm for hour(s) each day.
    Even if our entire population of 9 * 10^9 people would play the game, it's extremely unlikely (yet still within the realm of possibility) to encounter a person that does 2250 FATEs w/o getting a crystal.

So um .. yeah. Math says that his claim is BS.
    At least with a probability of 1 - 1.7*10 ^-30.

- - - Updated - - -

Step 1, 2 and 4 are a piece of cake. (I did step 1 for my Dork Relic, it's not nearly as bad as Atma was)

Buffing step 1 is okay, because FATE participation did diminish now that most folks are through leveling their alt specs. Esp Azys lla can be a pain.

Step 3 is imho a little overcooked. Cut the #items needed in half (leave crafting items as they are) to make it appropriate.
    Considering that 210 has been outdated for months now, the reward doesn't reflect the effort.
    I look at that step as a form of paying it forward. Yes, it's ridiculously steep for a 210, but the following step is a cakewalk in comparison, and maybe (hopefully) the step after that will be as well. For now I'm holding off on getting more unidentified items until the patch (I have eso and poetics capped).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    (I have eso and poetics capped).
    Out of curiosity: Why exactly do you run every random dungeon every day?

I half ass expert and do low level if anything, never touch the other ones unless I explicitly need stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I look at that step as a form of paying it forward. Yes, it's ridiculously steep for a 210, but the following step is a cakewalk in comparison, and maybe (hopefully) the step after that will be as well. For now I'm holding off on getting more unidentified items until the patch (I have eso and poetics capped).
    The next step was apparently described in a Famitsu interview as being comparable to the Alexandrite step, though I don't know if the comparison was for the nature of the process (gather items, infuse them for stats) or the amount of time/material/effort it's supposed to take...though we do know that there will be various ways of obtaining the items needed, with tougher ways rewarding more.

Part of the 210 is getting a (very) minor nerf by way of association as well...the amount of esoterics awarded from several of the level 60 dungeons and I believe the Void Ark raid is getting boosted, so slightly quicker acquisition of the two tokens that cost esoterics via that particular method.

Welp 3.3 is almost here. Decided to change my mind to Goblet for my house for a very smart reason. It's the one that the least people will probably go to and Lavender/Mist will be filled on patch day. I mean a house is a house at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-06 at 02:48 AM.

when exactly is the patch coming out?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently now.

A whole 24hrs maintenance for a patch.
    Didn't see that one coming. :O

Does anyone know the % drop chance increase for the crystals in 3.3 (for the anima 1st step)? I just reached 60 a few days ago so i tried to look for it, but couldn't find anything.

Deleted
    Apparently now.

Well to be fair its a pretty huge one

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently now.

They actually announced it over a week ago lol

Not sure how much of an impact the BRD changes will do but I'm glad as I do love playing that class.

Also not entirely related (it was a topic earlier in this thread) but FF12 "HD" got announced finally ;>.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo

Cant wait till it comes to PC which it most likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Not sure how much of an impact the BRD changes will do but I'm glad as I do love playing that class.

Also not entirely related (it was a topic earlier in this thread) but FF12 "HD" got announced finally ;>.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo

Cant wait till it comes to PC which it most likely will.
    Yiazmat..... We meet again in Honorable battle.... IN HD! I really need to not buy this. I have a working friggin PS2 and I still bought X/X-2 HD. I'm a weak man

XII is tied with IX as my favourite FF game so I'll definitely be purchasing that! Hopefully there will be a crossover event in FFXIV. More likely than not, I reckon. I also wonder what the collector's edition will come with? I already bought the FFXV collector's edition...but I'll be gunning to grab the FFXII version if they make one for the remaster.