For anyone who has completed or is about to complete MSQ:

While it's hard to miss it, make sure to grab and complete the quest line in Fortemps Manor from the manservant once you turn in the last quest for MSQ. It's a lengthy line of quests and has you running all the fuck over, but it's worth it in the end (as is the journey, if you ask me).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post

While it's hard to miss it, make sure to grab and complete the quest line in Fortemps Manor from the manservant once you turn in the last quest for MSQ. It's a lengthy line of quests and has you running all the fuck over, but it's worth it in the end (as is the journey, if you ask me).
    makes me sad seeing people whine/couldnt figure out the last part of the quest. Its a walk down memory lane! c'mon people. also the reward for it should've been a HUGE spoiler to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    makes me sad seeing people whine/couldnt figure out the last part of the quest. Its a walk down memory lane! c'mon people. also the reward for it should've been a HUGE spoiler to it.
    I knew what to go to, but forgot the location because it has been a while. But yeah, once I was on that part of the quest, I was wondering why the hell people were in Idyllshire shouting for help on figuring that one out...facepalm inducing now that I know what quest they were on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just completed it, looked at last objective and simply teleported there.

Easy quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It is had you completed the 50 DRG quest before entering Ishtar Estinian would have called you an Azure Dragoon then as well

If you are a ninja as in even just a ninja when tou see yugiri during the 2.x scene outside Ishtar she comments on it

Then if you are an Arcanist and have done the first quest when you help Tataru the master will refer to it..and of you became an Arcanist but have not done your level 5 quest she will suggest you take it WITH Tataru

This game pays a crazy level of attention to small things
    Yup, I had completed all of the DRG quests up through 56. So I figured that's why they were referring to me that way, even though I wasn't even doing these quests as DRG.

Going to finish that one tonight. Would have last night, but treasure called and we went into Aquapolis!

If you do that.... holy moly, make bag space. I had almost a bag empty and it was full with just 4 of us running. One of us got an item that was selling for 800k, someone else an item for 225k.

I got junk. Nothing more than 7k

No Nutkin either But at least he's plummeted from 4 million to 1.5 million on Giglamesh in 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I had completed all of the DRG quests up through 56. So I figured that's why they were referring to me that way, even though I wasn't even doing these quests as DRG.
    Welll YOU are STILL the Azure Dragoon just as you are still almost anything lol

Oh yeah, definitely; I was simply caught by surprise on that note since I wasn't doing the quests as DRG.

I'm all for attention to detail to things like that. One of my favorite such examples was in wow, where if you have an Atiesh wielder in the group as you engage the Shade of Aran in Karazhan, you get an unique emote/shout from him when he is pulled.

All I have remaining to do now from my check list is actually complete Weeping City, or Wiping City as I've been seeing it referred to the past 24 hours. Hell, even had one person remark "can't wait for them to nerf this fight" regarding the Final Steps of Faith...our group cleared it on second try. We did have someone who had done the fight give a general breakdown (which was a far lengthier explanation that was was necessary, but hey, better that than nothing, I suppose). Lot of group wide damage that goes out, but it's predicatable (I'm thinking of the transition to phase 2, aka the second form). Akh Morn (the attack you have to stack for) is probably gonna be the most common cause for wipes, since unless you've done the fight, it isn't clear it's a multi-strike attack, so you have to stay stacked for about 5-6 seconds after he starts the attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player character, stealing all important titles.

~Warrior of Light, every single job capped. I'm still too far away from this objective..

The fact that Francel shows up at the end as well... I mean I know it does it happens every time you go there but still.

edit: I also love the name of the achievement for finishing the MSQ. XD
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2016-06-08 at 03:44 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Time for some spoilery stuff:

I immediately knew throwing Nidhogg's eyes off the bridge would be a bad idea. I was immediately going "no, bad idea" soon as Aymeric shouted that. Lo and behold a few cutscenes later..."but why would one of the Warriors of Darkness want them?"

Lahabrea. Think back to how his essence or whatever appeared to be absorbed into Ascalon, which was powered by one of the eyes. Would not be shocked one bit to see him return, perhaps as some demonic dragon bastardization.

Also, when and how did Hraesvelgyr get his eye back after the Final Steps? Noticed he had it back during the cut scene as the PC flies alongside him in Churning Mists.

Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen too. Especially throwing them both off at almost exactly the same spot. We needed to do something that would completely destroy them. I mean what if they landed basically right next to each other and something like a nutkin just happened to get close enough to touch both as the same time: GIANT EBIL SQUIRRELDRAGON OF RAGE!!!!!!

As for Hraesvelgr's eye... I read something a long while ago that basically said the Japanese language leaves many things unsaid and people have to "read the air" to understand exactly what is meant. I think that particular cut scene does this, and it is just implied that the reason we went back to see him was actually to return the eye.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

On the second note there...that makes complete sense.

Aquapolis is pretty fun and addictive. It's a shame maps are so expensive on Balmung...but I did make my money back by joining a group through the party finder to hunt down our maps. I mostly looted gil, crafting materials and I grabbed a minute mindflayer minion too. Saw a lot of glamour gear drop and even rare minions like nutkins too. In short...it's much, much better than the Diadem.

Here's hoping Palace of the Dead is just as good - I have a feeling it will be though, the developers learn from and admit to their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen too. Especially throwing them both off at almost exactly the same spot. We needed to do something that would completely destroy them. I mean what if they landed basically right next to each other and something like a nutkin just happened to get close enough to touch both as the same time: GIANT EBIL SQUIRRELDRAGON OF RAGE!!!!!!

As for Hraesvelgr's eye... I read something a long while ago that basically said the Japanese language leaves many things unsaid and people have to "read the air" to understand exactly what is meant. I think that particular cut scene does this, and it is just implied that the reason we went back to see him was actually to return the eye.
    I think the implication for the eyes is that Nidhogg's spirit is gone. They may still be an issue as aetheric batteries, they may still contain traces of Lahabrea, or they may be entirely impotent balls...

But I think the threat of them taking a new host as a new shade of Nidhogg won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phew.
    Wiping in City of Tears for 3 hours. Definitely a step up from Void ark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just did the Warring Triad quest, and that remix is pretty on-point. I hope they make it available as an Orchestrion roll one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did the Warring Triad quest, and that remix is pretty on-point.
    Mm, missed that one - thanks.

Just did the Warring Triad quest, and that remix is pretty on-point. I hope they make it available as an Orchestrion roll one day.
    I hope so. I'm pretty sure it will be, though. I'm also glad you can just buy a lot of themes outright from vendors this time around - some are still reliant on crafters but not all. I liked getting one as a MSQ reward too. They've been adding some 1.0 tracks as well, so hopefully they'll add this too at some point:

Ok I'm officially renaming The Weeping City of Mhach to "The Salt lake city of Mhach"