10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Sophia ex downed and farmed and a9s down!!
    I was incredibly lucky too I got 270 tank neck, sophic edge and bird!!! ^_^ 246 ilvl on first week not too shabby
    Grats you lucky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm taking advantage of PotD and leveling up my Black Mage - think I've already went from 38 to 45 while farming that place.

Any ideas if that place is still good exp after level 50? At least in current level single 1-10 clear is like 30% of the level, and with getting instantly inside as DPS.. it's quite nice source of experience. Also got weapon and armor to 29/30 - not sure if I should use them for weapon or save up in case 3.45 patch goes to higher numbers.
    At 52 you need 6.4 1-10 runs to level. Which is like 1.5 hours. Not that bad imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hmm, maybe - doing HW fates alone is kinda annoying tho, so much health.
    Ya, I personally would do PotD over fate+dungeons. Just because it is faster to get into, and goes quicker (atleast it feels quicker).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Another PotD question. I assume matched party is data centre wide right like duty finder?
    Yes, I do believe so.

POTD has the added bonus of potentially being more profitable than dungeons and FATEs too. Though the price of the rewards from hoard chests has dropped significantly on Balmung given all the people farming the hair at the moment. I hope the higher quality hoard chests in the next patch will be rarer and have more valuable rewards to ensure a reliable profit.

Another PotD question. I assume matched party is data centre wide right like duty finder?
    I think so but personally Quarrymill is always packed and after my run ends i always see the people i ran with in the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Recent PvP would be BnS up to plat/diamond or whatever and long time ago would be more around CS1.6, up to the point I get banned for hacking cause reasons. I know my fair share of PvP. Adaptation from my point of view (subjective I know) should revolve around the situation, in PvE or PvP. I prefer consistency over the course of an expansion, this is entirely preferential however.
    Plat/diamond is more impressive than me assuming by recent you mean within the last 6 months and not during bot infested arena on release (I did get diamond then ). I only peaked low plat as a SIN over the past 6 months.

That said I stand corrected here.

Well, I wasn't really thinking of just + damage or decrease cooldown, personally I don't think it's that interesting but that's just complete subjectiveness. Interesting in my view would be something like Ruinga gaining a small 5m AoE effect, ignore the whole visual effect does not make any sense for it and it might be a bit too powerful of an AoE, even if the area is tiny.

Actually something that I think may work is just an additional slot of equipment that you can get drops from that gives different effects, so you can always just keep the ones that come by and use whatever you want.
    Try not to focus on the +dmg/-cdr effects. They're just the bones. The key effect was the if enemies are tagged with Gierskogul, then Jump becomes empowered. I'm 100% ok if you personally don't think its interesting. However, your idea for an interesting trait sounds incredibly similar to mine LOL.

I'm not opposed to having an additional slot of equipment that has drops with effects on, but its not my favorite. Honestly this should have been the materia system. Hands down.

Personally I prefer having a detriment, so neither is right or wrong, just gives you a pause to consider what's better or worse for your play style or your class combination.
    Yep that's fine - but still try to remember that there is still a detriment even if one isn't stated. The opportunity cost still exists and can be quite substantial. What you're gravitating towards is just having much clearer detriments, which we both agreed is valid.

Not so much vacuum but because it is just straight up damage increase for your previous examples.
    I realize it's idea pitching and nothing wrong with that, but, those effects are going to add an so many variables just to balancing going from encounter differences and comparison to other classes. Your example will make it so you need two weapons for a situation, reasoning is one is geared towards more AoE and the other is geared towards burst which would make the weapons better or worse for certain situations, which is why I said balance is an issue. The more variables you add the worse it gets, because it's not just the effects that look nice on it's own, but also everything to do with the encounters and situations along with party synergy.
    Ideally my rough ideas (super rough) aren't to be taken in absolute. I think that all 3 weapons are both strong in multiple situations and aren't mandatory over one another. I.e. ST vs. AOE, but I was much more concerned with interesting effects rather than balanced effects.

As far as damage increasing goes I do firmly believe that this system should empower your character. I do not believe in 0 sum in this design. I.e. if you have to pick between 3 choices, they shouldn't all be equal to the original option. All 3 choices should be an improvement over base (signifying character power gains) then curtailed by either detriments/opportunity cost/whathaveyou.

Once upon a time in Legion beta, I put together a very rough Retribution Paladin rework. Complete with new mechanics, abilities, talent, even pvp talents. The entire design of the talent tree was that each choice is an improvement over existing, but you had to choose which perk you wanted.

Everything else, we're pretty much on the same page with.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It's been a while, but the only weather I really recall is the occasional rain in places like Sholozar and whatnot. And of course there were the earthquakes leading up to Cataclysm. FF14 has true weather, hell you can speak to an NPC and get the daily forecast. One of the S-Ranks(Garlok)has his spawn trigger tied to weather effects.
    I'm 79% sure they've updated their systems since 6 years ago so to hold it against them from half a decade ago is a bit silly.

That said I did enjoy FF14's weather system, WoW's may not be as good, but it's certainly getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm 79% sure they've updated their systems since 6 years ago so to hold it against them from half a decade ago is a bit silly.

That said I did enjoy FF14's weather system, WoW's may not be as good, but it's certainly getting close.
    I quit shortly after the last patch of MoP and there was no dynamic weather then. Unless they've added it in WoD/Legion to zones, it's nowhere near what FF has.

Alright guys since it's nearly Fan Fest the expac announcement is looming and reddit are doing a guess the new Job/Jobs. Let's do it over here .

DPS- Red Mage
    Tank- Samurai
    Healer- Chemist/Pharmacist

Decided to wild card the healer a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember where I saw/read but I believe they said if they do samurai, it is not going to be a tank class.

Alright guys since it's nearly Fan Fest the expac announcement is looming and reddit are doing a guess the new Job/Jobs. Let's do it over here .

DPS- Red Mage
    Tank- Samurai

Wrote this a while back and stand by it given everything we have seen, but the finale of the warriors questline also suggests Rune Knight.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.c...art-1-job.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I quit shortly after the last patch of MoP and there was no dynamic weather then. Unless they've added it in WoD/Legion to zones, it's nowhere near what FF has.
    Weather is dynamic in WoW but only a few weather patterns per zone.

It doesn't come close to Ff-XIV, true.

10+ Year Old Account
    After failing yet another mission, I'm starting to like WoW's garrison more than this.

DPS- Red Mage
    Tank- Samurai

i feel like samurai will be dps. heavensward added tank, healer, and support dps so it'd be dumb for the next dps to also be support.

there's also the fact that the only stats without 3 classes are str and int.

i also want to see something interesting as the next tank other than another plate class with a sword. maybe blue mage.

i want dancer to be the next healer.

SAM as a melee DPS would be awesome - especially if it has great looking animations armour and weapons. Melee DPS is my favoured role in most RPG's and whilst DRG, MNK and NIN are decent they're not really what I'm looking for aesthetics wise.

We should be getting expansion information in a couple of weeks though - at the Las Vegas Fan Fest. I'm hoping they'll announce the intended release date for the expansion since ideally it should be within the next six months. I assume that 3.5 will be split into three separate parts like 2.5 - each a month apart if I recall correctly. I just hope the wait between 3.4 and 3.5 isn't too lengthy...or the wait between 3.5 and 4.0.

Maybe they'll even announce that support for the PS3 is being dropped...

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be many disappointed members in FC if SAM isn't going to be melee DPS.

Wasn't too big fan of Tomestone tank equipment when I saw pics of it before patch, but after looking it few times from vendor, it looks quite nice actually. We keep losing tanks and healers all the time, so thinking of taking role of 2nd tank in FC raid-team. All those poor Umbrites tho, all that Lore used to get i240 equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Maybe they'll even announce that support for the PS3 is being dropped...
    Hopefully.

I'm always tempted by the idea of making PLD, WAR or DRK into my main but I much prefer the lesser pressure of playing a DPS.

I hit 52 on WAR recently so I just need 8 more levels and I'll unlock the <Grandmaster of War> title for getting every Disciple of War class to level 60.

Can I actually ask what major systems does PS3 limit? I don't mean shit like an ingame parser or more bag space I mean like massive things such as graphical fidelity and any effect it has on content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm always tempted by the idea of making PLD, WAR or DRK into my main but I much prefer the lesser pressure of playing a DPS.

I hit 52 on WAR recently so I just need 8 more levels and I'll unlock the <Grandmaster of War> title for getting every Disciple of War class to level 60.
    I keep being turned off by playing a tank but I've got my 34 Paladin on Lich. Might switch it to Marauder and go Warrior. I just hate not having my emnity buff at 30 whereas Warrior and Dark Knight do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I actually ask what major systems does PS3 limit? I don't mean shit like an ingame parser or more bag space I mean like massive things such as graphical fidelity and any effect it has on content.
    RAM and CPU is the biggest issue. 256MB of RAM isn't enough. This makes it so zones have loading screens and CPU calculations/physics are pretty limited / static. In comparison PSO2 has one of the best clothing physics I've seen in any MMO (and better than most single player games) that even the PS4 is fine working with. Graphics can be toned down but that's not going to help when others are bottlenecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep being turned off by playing a tank but I've got my 34 Paladin on Lich. Might switch it to Marauder and go Warrior. I just hate not having my emnity buff at 30 whereas Warrior and Dark Knight do.
    Don't be.
    Low level tanking may suck big time, but it's quite fun at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't be.
    Low level tanking may suck big time, but it's quite fun at max level.
    Tbh I'm spamming potd on the Marauder. I kind of like the 50 warrior set as well . Also their abilities aren't that bad actually. Overpower is basically their version of Flash.