Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Hey dudes, quick question: I am close to my first level60 job and I do not yet know what's going on in "the meta". In WoW it was like "get max level, do normal dungeons, do heroic dungeons & crafted stuff, do factions for reputation, join <organized shit or alias "join a guild">. Can some nice kind dude translate that into ff14? Thanks!
    Whatever you want really. Go get into chocobo racing and breeding if you want. run palace of the dead, do dungeons and gear up for raiding, there isnt really one end goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    If I want Materia I can just spam POTD, they practically throw the things at you. Right now Squadrons have zero value to me since I got my GC rank increase. If they ever make it so you can do something with them, I'll return. Otherwise I poke my head in and toss out the recruits from time to time, since none of them appeal to me.
    Yeah an hour or less 1-50 run gets you usually 2 shards for two V materia worth on my server 300k-500k each. Beats the Squadron, but them im also trying for all the padjal weapons, just got number 8, 5 to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    but them im also trying for all the padjal weapons, just got number 8, 5 to go.
    You really ARE insane.. I knew it all along!

Gotta think of the other rewards man, a 30/30 weapon is like 4 1-50 which is a lot of shards and treasure bags. Easy way to level alt jobs AND make a metric assload of gil doing so.

-and those millions of gil translate to HQ ironworks crafting and gathering gear/materia. It really pays off compared to leveling in fates our roullete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for runs? Oo
    Did they buff the rate or are you just that lucky?

They buffed the absolute shit out of it, and they didnt lock upgrades to certain floors anymore. You get garuanteed shards and upgrades beating it but now shards are in chests, hidden bags full of stuff like red pandas, every floor from 1-50 can give an upgrades, its just less likely the higher your 30/30 stats but the chance is the same regardless of floor.

Its super fast 235 weapons for alt jobs and insanely profitable compared to dungeon runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know, thanks.

Its totally worth it, before my last post i got a padjali bow, now im starting 21-30 and im 9/12 towards a padjali lance. Super easy now.

-and you can do it on any class, just change outside the dungeon to the class you want the weapon for. So use it to level pre 50 jobs with insane xp gains.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-10-29 at 03:58 PM.

Question since it's been a while since I levelled a class to 45. Is it normal on my WAR that I'm getting the ilvl 90 pieces except the chest at 45? Last time I'm sure I got the ilvl 50 pieces at 45 and 90 ones at 50?

They changed it a few patches back. I was surprised when leveling BRD that i was getting lvl.45 and 50 pieces. Not only different stats but more detailed models as well.

Shame it ends up put in the inn chest in favour of ARR ironworks gear

-and now after 4 quick floors of Deep Dungeon im back up to 17/15 out of 30/30 and just turned in bags with among the crap had two V rank materia worth 300k each on my server. So WAR 47-49, 32 padjal aether upgrades and 600k worth of items. In the time or one dungeon.

They changed it a few patches back. I was surprised when leveling BRD that i was getting lvl.45 and 50 pieces. Not only different stats but more detailed models as well.

Shame it ends up put in the inn chest in favour of ARR ironworks gear
    This is my alt luckily so it will be useful right now. Yes a second character on FF14! . What I meant is I thought at 45 you only got the ilvl 50 gear but the quest for my WAR at 45 is showing the ilvl 90 pieces of my class set.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is my alt luckily so it will be useful right now. Yes a second character on FF14! . What I meant is I thought at 45 you only got the ilvl 50 gear but the quest for my WAR at 45 is showing the ilvl 90 pieces of my class set.
    Then remember when you hit 50 to start spamming the trail roullette. You get the moggle mog weapons super easily nowadays and they last a good while.

Then remember when you hit 50 to start spamming the trail roullette. You get the moggle mog weapons super easily nowadays and they last a good while.
    Already bought a HQ wootz axe . Spammed PotD on this guy and sold a buttload of grade 5 materia

Yeah that must boost new players income easy. Back in't my day i had 30k at lvl.50 and liked it!

Yeah that must boost new players income easy. Back in't my day i had 30k at lvl.50 and liked it!
    Aye. But like I said this be an alt for me so I know all the basics already. But yeah my first time I had like 100k and I ended up buying a crappy ilvl 70 staff at 50 . New players will love PotD though for easy gil and tbh there is no issue since it'll help them get a nice headstart.

Made a bunch of progress today. ALC at 60, FSH at 60 and WAR at 50. just PLD and DRG left to hit 50 which wont take longer for the last few levels in Deep Dungeon. I've really not dont anything at all on my main job. Getting all these ready now Stormbloods been announced has been way more fun than grinding Alex for NIN gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Hey dudes, quick question: I am close to my first level60 job and I do not yet know what's going on in "the meta". In WoW it was like "get max level, do normal dungeons, do heroic dungeons & crafted stuff, do factions for reputation, join <organized shit or alias "join a guild">. Can some nice kind dude translate that into ff14? Thanks!
    You have plenty of options. If you want a more solo-friendly gearing option, do the Clan Hunts for Centurio Seals, including any Elite Hunts you can get in on. That makes for a good baseline to get you in the door if you want to do the raids for gear and while you work on getting Lore/Scrip for gear upgrades too.

Daily Roulettes reward Lore/Scrip, as do the various dungeons themselves(Aetherochemical Research Facility is a good Lore source). Having an FC to help you is nice but not required. There are crafted options too, if you have Gil to burn. Make sure you keep doing the MSQ, as they help unlock other dungeons. Xelphatol is a good one to run as it drops 225 gear and is really pretty easy to do(plus it looks cool, IMO at least, and awards 50 Scrip a go, 9 runs and you're capped for the week). You'll have to progress to patch 3.4 to unlock it, though. Not hard, just takes a little time.

Also at cap, doing POTD nets you some Lore and Scrip, plus it's a good way to make Gil and can get you a decent weapon that won't cost you an arm and leg or require you to raid. But you can also use it to level alt jobs if you prefer, and still work towards the Aetherpool weapon.

So you have options, it really just comes down to what fits your schedule and desires for game time use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They added the 50 chest to the 50 class quest. They did it when heavenward launched so you wouldn't gave to gear grind

The story quests now award Ilv 90 accessories and the giantgall weapons then as you continue you get a full set or two of Herald masterworks gear(Ilv 110 tome gear from back when) Sooo you can just cruise through story and get all the gear you need even for an alt class(some quests reward Don gear the others dow)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Got all my squadron members to level 50 now, and I don't really see any reason to keep running missions - none of the rewards from level 40 seem useful.

Outside of combat IV materia or crafter blue scrips.. I just don't see the point in them.
    I send them on their daily mission just for the chemistries, 3 of my 4 "main" recruits have a chemistry for gathering/crafting materia so eh, I'm willing to spend those 1k-ish GC seals per day on them.

Deleted
    guys i want to ask, do lots of people still play this game ?? im starting to like look of it and would like to try it

Its the second biggest sub mmo to WoW. Not dead just yet.