Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah I know but I don't like 100%ing things ;P. I actually haven't played in 3 months so I don't even remember what item level tomestone gear was without upgrading, 250?
    260 is the Scrip gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider-Man Tshirt? I'm betting dancer:

Another interesting but really far off BLU theory. Quistis in FF8 uses an item called Spider Web to learn one of her Blue Magics. Far off I know but still.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting both BLU and SAM. The developers genuinely go over and above what they need to do for content patches/expansions and they tend to take constructive popular feedback into account.

I'm also curious as to what else is new that'll be announced. Swimming is pretty great (I have a house in Mist so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they make it possible to swim there too.)

I think Yoshi said they won't be doing 3 jobs this time. That's all I heard anyway but things can change during development. I'm happy anyway I have Red Mage now . Gonna look dapper as fuck in my class gear with a Rapier. I assume it'll take up the role of Caster gear so I'll just save all my 250/260 gear for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to restart, trying to level all jobs at once was a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I'm going to restart, trying to level all jobs at once was a bad idea
    Yeah never do that. You will burn out like fucking crazy. Just take it easy in my opinion. Start off with the one you know you want to level. For me that was no contest. Thaumaturge/Black Mage. And in Stormblood that will change to Red Mage.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-27 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah never do that. You will burn out like fucking crazy. Just take it easy in my opinion. Start off with the one you know you want to level. For me that was no contest. Thaumaturge/Black Mage.
    Trying to decide between Thaum or Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Trying to decide between Thaum or Arcanist
    Arcanist is sort of a double class. If you level Conjurer beside it you can be a Scholar which is a healer or if you level Thaumaturge beside it then you can be a Summoner which is a DPS focused on AOE, pet and dots. Best part is your Scholar/Summoner level is shared with Arcanist because of course it's the main class for both.

Thaumaturge becomes Black Mage and the 15 class for it is Archer. Mostly because Raging and Quelling Strikes are 2 must have cross class abilities. Black Mage is very bursty like Destro Lock or Fire Mage in WoW for example.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-27 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcanist is sort of a double class. If you level Conjurer beside it you can be a Scholar which is a healer or if you level Thaumaturge beside it then you can be a Summoner which is a DPS focused on AOE, pet and dots. Best part is your Scholar/Summoner level is shared with Arcanist because of course it's the main class for both.

Thaumaturge becomes Black Mage and the 15 class for it is Archer. Mostly because Raging and Quelling Strikes are 2 must have cross class abilities. Black Mage is very bursty like Destro Lock or Fire Mage in WoW for example.
    Hmm Thaum sounds like the job for me then, thanks.

Deleted
    Coming closer to raiding I wonder how popular ACT is? While I'm quiet curious about numbers I just cannot seem to get the overlayplugin enabled which makes it kinda annoying for me. I mean I could indeed just not care but I won't like to reason with people who have more data than me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Coming closer to raiding I wonder how popular ACT is? While I'm quiet curious about numbers I just cannot seem to get the overlayplugin enabled which makes it kinda annoying for me. I mean I could indeed just not care but I won't like to reason with people who have more data than me :P
    No clue about the overlay stuff. I play in windowed mode, so it's fairly easy for me to access the main window.

I'd wager that ACT is pretty popular with the extreme/savage crowd.
    Given the fact that it doesn't run on consoles makes it far from mandatory.

Careful when arguing about DPS with randoms though. People can report you if they feel that you harass them because of output (or lack thereof ).
    ACT is more of a "look at the numbers but don't speak much about it" thing.

Since I don't raid savage, I merely use it to satisfy my own curiosity. DPSing w/o any feedback at all just feels weird after 10years of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No clue about the overlay stuff. I play in windowed mode, so it's fairly easy for me to access the main window.

I'd wager that ACT is pretty popular with the extreme/savage crowd.
    Given the fact that it doesn't run on consoles makes it far from mandatory.

Careful when arguing about DPS with randoms though. People can report you if they feel that you harass them because of output (or lack thereof ).
    ACT is more of a "look at the numbers but don't speak much about it" thing.

Since I don't raid savage, I merely use it to satisfy my own curiosity. DPSing w/o any feedback at all just feels weird after 10years of WoW.
    Well to be fair devs have been talking about addons once PS3 support goes. I assume that means PS4 version can support in game addons for it. I imagine the first one they would do is their own DPS meter to get rid of ACT.

Deleted
    Yeah I just want data since I am the "new guy" into raiding for defensive reasons :P

Got it working, had to tell .NET <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/> and it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair devs have been talking about addons once PS3 support goes. I assume that means PS4 version can support in game addons for it. I imagine the first one they would do is their own DPS meter to get rid of ACT.
    Would be about time that them darn DPS players got some pressure to perform.

But to be honest: I doubt that they will ever implement an official one, not even Blizzard did that.
    Just too many idiots out there that would completely misuse such a tool in order to flame and harass.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used it for a while, for the same reasons I used skada/recount. To see my damage, and how well I was doing. But seeing other people's numbers made me stop using it. They made me angry and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Would be about time that them darn DPS players got some pressure to perform.

But to be honest: I doubt that they will ever implement an official one, not even Blizzard did that.
    Just too many idiots out there that would completely misuse such a tool in order to flame and harass.
    I'd assume they would just roll it out and if people abuse it remove it. Yoshi has been quite clear on DPS meters as has the team.

I'd assume they would just roll it out and if people abuse it remove it. Yoshi has been quite clear on DPS meters as has the team.
    Well it certainly lead to a lot of epeen douchebaggery in other games. I mean god knows there are people in XIV that think a spam of one move is a rotation, and i get commendations all the time as NIN just for actually using moves like goad and the aggro dumps without being told to so there is definitely times where an Ozma kill gets carried by those of us that try properly but on the other hand XIV as a whole is a more laid back enviroment and i would hate to see it turn into another game where everyone bunnyhops and spams "gogoggogogogogogo" in their treadmill race to increase their dps and ilvl and nothing else matters.

I know of course some would use it constructively and for self improvement but in my my 8+ years in WoW those people were rare as rocking horse shit compared to the people that only used it to post in chat if they topped it. Thats a mindset i would gladly see the game do without.

Deleted
    I used ACT before when I played NIN I was trying to do decent openers and see how I was doing. I remember seeing some ppl do 400dps in Alex duty finders, was hard not to say anything to them but I managed to hold it in...

There some guides on ffxiv Reddit on how to get it running

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah not sure how I feel about adding meters. I actually have fun now, not worrying about living up to super dps standards. I mean I try and get my rotation down, but there are plenty of times I screw up for whatever reason (like mind got overwhelmed with stuff so priority is stay alive > rez healer > dps).

If shit is dying, it shouldnt matter anyways in the more casual content.