10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Since its the end of the expansion i would expect a removal of the 450 cap instead of a nerf. People still need to do the same amount of dungeons that way but you arent not limited in how fast you get the gear since its basically the victory lap gear up before the final raids and crafting stuff. They did it in ARR and interviews sound like it will happen again. Shire will be the new evenstar or darklight gear.

Or the "that guy doing a HW dungeon for the first time" ironworks gear for stormblood
    I believe a cp push to 900 was mentioned

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh. Personally I'd prefer items costing less instead of me being able to run more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    but sadly my AST gear is i227.
    Bet your white haired cat will look just as adorable in a dress. Love your new avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bet your white haired cat will look just as adorable in a dress. Love your new avatar.
    Heh, thanks - couple more days and we'll have new patch, and new glamour options with it.

Hopefully I'm not going to be disappointed with new healer dungeon outfit, hard to judge with only one pic.

I may or may not be inside Anzas house right now. I most certainly am not stalking Anza either......................................

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Heh, thanks - couple more days and we'll have new patch, and new glamour options with it.

Hopefully I'm not going to be disappointed with new healer dungeon outfit, hard to judge with only one pic.

Depends if you like psycho mantis or not

Depends if you like psycho mantis or not
    Probably one of the most unique boss fights in any game ever. I liked it.

Hit lvl.58 on PLD. So close to the end. Surprisingly though i have seen so few players will all 23 jobs at 60. Seems like there were tons in the first few months that burnt the hell out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working on it, but it's difficult to do if you don't play classes you actually enjoy.

Hit lvl.58 on PLD. So close to the end. Surprisingly though i have seen so few players will all 23 jobs at 60. Seems like there were tons in the first few months that burnt the hell out.
    Still got crafters to finish, all are at 56 currently, cruising on Moogle dailies, but everything else is 60 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at my Alchemist, feels like impossible task even tho it'd be last crafting job.

- - - Updated - - -

At least I'm back to floor 181, better not to do same mistake as last time and wipe at 184..

Deleted
    Love A12 fight, got a bit of everything in it but makes really enjoy doing it!

once I finish the story probably the first thing I'll do is get everything to 60

the crafting ones intimidate me though
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I keep missing the free login weekends by a week or so. I'm signed up for the newsletters but I hear about everything except these events, haha.

Is there any decent way of keeping on top of them without visiting the site every few days? It's very easy to forgot about.

If the newsletter isn't working the only thing you can do is bookmark the news page and look

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If the newsletter isn't working the only thing you can do is bookmark the news page and look
    Ah, well there's the plan then! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Overall, FF14 is superior to WoW in storytelling. Does that answer your question? :P

Sadly, I can think of very few times where WoW has gotten close to the FF14 caliber of storytelling, in terms of quality and such. WoW is very easy to guess at what's coming next, the same cannot be said so much for FF14.
    Yes it does - we're good.

Legion is pretty close to FF14 IMO. The Arthas Arc in WotLK was also a high point. There are others, but they don't immediately spring to mind, meaning not as relevant.

That said we're in agreement that overall FF14 does it better and more often. I am not entirely sold on the wow is easier to read vs. ff14.

I mean I saw the Knights of the round reference in heavensward a mile away. I saw that chick (can't remember name) was actually Shiva a mile away. I knew estinien was going to become a dragon in some fashion from day one when they forshadowed his bloodlust for dragons.

That said, I've seen the same shit in WoW too. Not sure one game does it better than the other yet. I'd need to think more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Not always the case, Tetris is by far the most played game on the planet and that doesn't have a shred of story. Some of the most sucessful gaming franchieses by far are built on little to no plot at all - games like Pokemon, Mario and Minecraft.

Gameplay and story however should be one and the same. You are told the story through gameplay and you learn who the characters are through their gameplay. A game Devs priority should always be gameplay, and any story should be there to serve it.

If your games mechanics and your game story are at odds with each other you end up with a tattered mess of plot holes at best, or something completely none-sensical at worst.
    To be fair I assumed we were talking about rpgs, not games. That's my fault for not specifying.

When you put it in the vein of they should be the same I do actually have to agree to an extent. Some of the best RPGs have gameplay elements that very closely tie to a plot device.

I do however disagree with your dislike for cutscenes. I find that it is nice sometimes to have a break from the action to focus on dialogue and world building. I find in my example of xenogears where both gameplay elements (think the fact that one character is a martial artist and uses it is key, the other a young girl is relatively useless in character combat fits). The main heroine is a sub average fighter, but her magic is arguably stronger than anything (and the game references this with multiple cutscenes and plot elements).

I know people are hating on dark souls style storytelling, but I will say that Bloodborne had one of the DEEPEST stories I've had the pleasure of experiencing, and it was fun chasing down the references and pieces myself rather than being fed them in a cutscene. I think both styles are valid and relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    once I finish the story probably the first thing I'll do is get everything to 60

the crafting ones intimidate me though
    sounds a lot easier than it is

if you do plan to level everything to 60 though it's best to do all the classes that share gear at the same time. so all healers/ all tanks/ all gatherers/ all crafters etc. as it will save you a lot of trouble with gear and inventory management.

I'm impatient so now i suffer the consequences

Well, I managed to hit 230 so I'm ready for the new dungeon in the main story. Think it's gonna be sad.

Easy prediction : Papalymo will die. I'm gonna be very sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh I am working on ot slowly buuut I hate gathering and crafting got a gf and frankly not a healer either. My astro fsh and bot are all sub 40 with fsh at 20 sooo yeah.

But I will try

so looks like im not playing tonight

my ps4 won't connect to the NAT for some reason

nothing works

looks like im out of my ps4