Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so looks like im not playing tonight

my ps4 won't connect to the NAT for some reason

nothing works

looks like im out of my ps4
    Meh servers are down soon anyway for 3.5 deployment. Will last a whole day.

Well, managed to get from floor 101-140 in POTD with a few friends. Nothing too challenging so far (but still a bit tricky whenever a luring trap is triggered given the abilities of some of the enemies). Going to tackle 141-150 and beyond next Sunday when the 3.5 hype has died down a little.

ok im only level 47 on my astrologian but are they considered the best for healing?

Like I don't understand why you wouldn't bring 2 astrologians to a group? They can be both a shield and HoT healing AND THEIR CARD BUFFS ARE HUGE

when I can make a black mage pull aggro from a tank on a boss for the damage boost with their opening combo its sooooooo satisfying

I don't know how they are compared at 60 but they seem to be a jack of all trades master of all

Like the card system is great and there is no way im going back to white mage as my main
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok im only level 47 on my astrologian but are they considered the best for healing?

Like I don't understand why you wouldn't bring 2 astrologians to a group? They can be both a shield and HoT healing AND THEIR CARD BUFFS ARE HUGE

when I can make a black mage pull aggro from a tank on a boss for the damage boost with their opening combo its sooooooo satisfying

I don't know how they are compared at 60 but they seem to be a jack of all trades master of all

Like the card system is great and there is no way im going back to white mage as my main
    Right now, AST/SCH are considered the best pairing. AST/AST isn't the worst combo in the world. You bring another healer for their utility. AST doesn't have access to Eye for an Eye or Virus (even tho they do have Disable, Virus still good to bring), SCH shields can crit whereas AST's cannot. Basically having a variety of utility spells is better than doubling up. But yeah AST/AST is annoying as shit to run unless you're in comms with the other person.

The idea is that AST/WHM is the super safe combo to use when you're new to fights and working on progression. AST/SCH for when you know the fight and are comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-01-16 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Right now, AST/SCH are considered the best pairing. AST/AST isn't the worst combo in the world. You bring another healer for their utility. AST doesn't have access to Eye for an Eye or Virus (even tho they do have Disable, Virus still good to bring), SCH shields can crit whereas AST's cannot. Basically having a variety of utility spells is better than doubling up. But yeah AST/AST is annoying as shit to run unless you're in comms with the other person.
    oh ok that makes sense why SCH is taken

poor white mages, they literally gave everything white mages can do to AST but made AST better

at first when I played ast at 30 I asked myself "is this fucking white mage" because I was maining white mage until 50 when I got astro but then when I got the cards it was white mage on crack really

15+ Year Old Account
    WHM is still the best raw heals healer. But yeah they kind of overbuffed AST I think. Tho I would like to see them focus on the cards, make it so that balance isn't THE card you pretty much always want. Make spear more useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    hating WHM right now. Its just so boring to heal on. SCH I had pet stuff and shields. WHM is just...raw heals and regen. So boooring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    WHM is still the best raw heals healer. But yeah they kind of overbuffed AST I think. Tho I would like to see them focus on the cards, make it so that balance isn't THE card you pretty much always want. Make spear more useful.

The problem is its competing with balance and arrow. With re draw existing theres no point

I think WHM serves a good purpose. Yes, it's boring but it's a 'simple' healer just like PLD is a 'simple' tank. They may become more interesting in 4.0 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. One of the major turnoffs of WoW is the unnecessary redesign of the classes every goddamn expansion. >.<

I like WHM just the way it is. I don't want some convoluted class design with needless complexity just for complexities sake.

What I would like to see is 4man content being buffed, so that I don't end up throwing stones 80% of the run.

- - - Updated - - -

at first when I played ast at 30 I asked myself "is this fucking white mage" because I was maining white mage until 50 when I got astro but then when I got the cards it was white mage on crack really
    Even at 60, diurnal AST plays essentially like a WHM but with the added role of being a buffbot.
    The game loves to give me the darn yellow TP regen cards though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wait, there are different cards?

I hope not. One of the major turnoffs of WoW is the unnecessary redesign of the classes every goddamn expansion. >.<

I like WHM just the way it is. I don't want some convoluted class design with needless complexity just for complexities sake.

What I would like to see is 4man content being buffed, so that I don't end up throwing stones 80% of the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Even at 60, diurnal AST plays essentially like a WHM but with the added role of being a buffbot.
    Yeah. Hell, my scholar only recently got to 60 so I don't know what most of the lvl 60 dungeons are like, but while leveling I could clear almost every dungeon with just Eos healing and me in cleric stance dpsing the whole time, with a couple exceptions like The Vault.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it from what little I have heard if class revamp is more like stuns being mixed into other skills or things like the ui being made better like a bar instead of a stack for warriors and Blm getting a change to make ley lines easier

Hate that crap too and its especially worse when the class is nearly perfected and they completely botch them mechanics wise with the "redesign" like Warlocks.

I played a Warlock back when I was invested in WoW. Seeing the class change every expansion was definitely very frustrating. With that said, though, I do think FFXIV could do with 'trimming the fat' so to speak when it comes to certain abilities. Some could do with a complete rework too - like MCH/BRD being suddenly forced into 'turret mode' at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wait, there are different cards?
    Lol what do you think we were talking about. There's 6 cards

I just love Royal Roading Balance as an AST. It's heaven on Earth. About to unlock Spread as well which if I read right allows you to store a card for later use which is pretty fucking cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I played a Warlock back when I was invested in WoW. Seeing the class change every expansion was definitely very frustrating. With that said, though, I do think FFXIV could do with 'trimming the fat' so to speak when it comes to certain abilities. Some could do with a complete rework too - like MCH/BRD being suddenly forced into 'turret mode' at level 60.
    I trust yoshi p tbh. He had to redo warrior in 2.1 abd did a good job. I feel they will not go the wow route and I love that

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol what do you think we were talking about. There's 6 cards
    I believe Remilia is making a joke about drawing lots of Spires. Sometimes it feels like there's only two cards in the deck: Spire and Spear =P
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-01-16 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep getting green Boles.