i'm surprised people would actually complain about asian themes in an asian game tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well you see Danny we have a simple single word for people like that.

"Morons"

- - - Updated - - -

As long as they don't overdo it on the pruning and we end up at WoW's levels of it then I'm happy.
    They almost have to. The issue is that people are watching their UI more than the fight itself and it cripples them in terms of boss design

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i'm surprised people would actually complain about asian themes in an asian game tbh.
    Really? Surprised that people complain? People will complain about anything. I had a monk today complain i was feeding him too many cards ina dungeon. I was being unfair to the machinist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Really? Surprised that people complain? People will complain about anything. I had a monk today complain i was feeding him too many cards ina dungeon. I was being unfair to the machinist.
    That is glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Was is mostly arrows? I bet it was arrows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey some one who was watching the stream, is the new Housing District in Doma? Or is it on the island nation Hingashi? From what I gathered the city we saw in the trailer is Kugane, not Doma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

How long until we get the whole

"<Limit Break> BANKAIIIIIIIIII" macros and all the anime names/cosplays.

I expect a thousand Ichigos and Akames running about.

But seriously, I'm happy about Samurai DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post

You left out meliodas and hiei among a few million others

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Hey some one who was watching the stream, is the new Housing District in Doma? Or is it on the island nation Hingashi? From what I gathered the city we saw in the trailer is Kugane, not Doma.
    Doma was basically destroyed during the attempted rebellion from what I gather.

Holy crap, Guinness World Record for most music compositions in a video game 384 at this time. O_O
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-02-19 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP dreams of having that long, straight Au Ra hairstyle on Miqo'te.

*Goes to cry in corner and buys Fantasia.*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    RIP dreams of having that long, straight Au Ra hairstyle on Miqo'te.

*Goes to cry in corner and buys Fantasia.*
    Isn't the POTD hair close enough to it? Long straight hair, only difference being the bangs and one having a hair clip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Isn't the POTD hair close enough to it? Long straight hair, only difference being the bangs and one having a hair clip.
    I don't like the front of it. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, there's quite a big difference between these two hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post

Expect? like its not happening now? 99 times out of 100 a shit player has some name including "uchiha" "dragneel" "kirito" "heartfilia" "erza" "stark" "danaerys" or the like and when they arent its just the usal chunni as fuck "darklady" or "silverwolf" early 90's bbs username cliches. The cringe weebs have been in the game writing horrible macros since day one.

Case in point, you think this guy isn't writing his zaraki kenpachi ken sama bullshit macros right now?

wow that macro would just be dumb, but adding bitch like it makes it cool and not a 12 year old showing off in front of his friends makes it so cringey I could cry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "silverwolf" early 90's bbs username cliches.
    My original username was Silverwolf_II. *feelsbadman* I still like that name, but I never use it anymore lol.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of some Steamvenience, I bought FF14 and the expansion since they were both on sale so I'll be doing a fresh re-roll. Considering the fact that my SE account doesn't have HS and I stopped playing the Warrior without any significant grinding when 50 was the level cap, I figure I've come out ahead by getting both games for $20 and will use the 30 day trial to grind my balls off through Palace of the Dead and likely make more Gil in doing so.

Figured I should get all the quests sorted out now rather than later.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    You're correct, that is the port city of Kugane, which is on the islands of Hingashi. Doma (whatever is there atm - there's footage from the keynote that they showed that shows some shots of buildings but there's some interesting things going on there) is on the mainland, with the two being separated by the strait named The Ruby Tide. The housing area will also be on Hingashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Doma was basically destroyed during the attempted rebellion from what I gather.
    Supposedly (going off the literal translation of what Yugiri had said on the matter and the English localization version) - they showed pictures and a bit of video of what is apparently Doma and there are buildings...but there's also a massive wall with some sort of energy shielding built into it and evidence of damage in one of the camera pans in the video...so I suppose we'll have to wait to find out more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    They almost have to. The issue is that people are watching their UI more than the fight itself and it cripples them in terms of boss design
    Which is probably why they are designing new UI elements (and with HUD placement customization, these will almost certainly be able to be placed anywhere on the screen) designed to help track the important buffs and abilities that are part of why watching the UI is such a big thing.

That being said, they are "pruning" with the intent that the amount of abilities for any given job is close to what it is now even with the new abilities given from 60-70. Unless they change their minds, it shouldn't be anywhere close to the level WoW did their pruning.

Deleted
    A proper UI setup allows people to monitor the UI and the boss fight easily, the issue actually stems from, people don't know how to set up a proper ui configuration, if people are lazy and just plain shit to do decent performance, what makes you think people will optimise their UI?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    A proper UI setup allows people to monitor the UI and the boss fight easily, the issue actually stems from, people don't know how to set up a proper ui configuration, if people are lazy and just plain shit to do decent performance, what makes you think people will optimise their UI?
    Certain UI elements are tied to plates and it makes it unbearable to watch debuffs and buffs, because they force you to either have all bars in the middle which clutter as fuck or move your eyes away from the gameplay in order to get information. It's bad game design and the reason why we have addons.

Deleted
    Certain UI elements are tied to plates and it makes it unbearable to watch debuffs and buffs, because they force you to either have all bars in the middle which clutter as fuck or move your eyes away from the gameplay in order to get information. It's bad game design and the reason why we have addons.
    If you can only think in such a limited way, then your UI configuration will be limited, hence as I said, most people don't know how to set up a proper configuration, I have developed my UI so nothing is in the middle, and everything I need is in my peripheral vision, I don't need to hunt for anything and I can see things just fine in the centre of the screen.

Once you have developed a proper UI, this in turn is developed through practice and iteration, you can then innately know which CD is what with little to no hunting, addons simply make this process easier or in some cases, does it all for you which is what a lot of players actually do, I develop my UI constantly and its modular by design and as a result, it makes my life easier in dealing with the class mechanics and boss mechanics.

This isn't to say the UI can't be improved from the devs, theres still things I want to enhance the UI that I currently have in place, the game could really use addons, that way waiting on the devs to introduce something is minimised.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2017-02-19 at 06:01 PM.