Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I was thinking of resubbing for a month to finish the story before the expansion comes out. Would it be dumb to farm gear since I imagine some patch will change quest rewards to a higher level in preparation for SB ?
    Baelsars Wall with an Itemlvl requirement of 230 is as far as i'm aware the only requirement to finish the story.

So you should be able to get that fairly simple, given that you have several pieces of 230 already equipped (ignoring the 170 weapon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Baelsars Wall with an Itemlvl requirement of 230 is as far as i'm aware the only requirement to finish the story.

So you should be able to get that fairly simple, given that you have several pieces of 230 already equipped (ignoring the 170 weapon)
    I know I had to gear up a bit more to do some higher tiers of the Alexander wings or whatever they were called, that's about it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I don't think we've seen mounts on sale on the MogStation yet. At least not that I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't think we've seen mounts on sale on the MogStation yet. At least not that I recall.
    At least Sleipnir was on sale at some moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._dyes_on_sale/

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I was thinking of resubbing for a month to finish the story before the expansion comes out. Would it be dumb to farm gear since I imagine some patch will change quest rewards to a higher level in preparation for SB ?

This is my gear situation and I only care about having enough gear to complete the story.

I main as a Marauder/Warrior, but I switched to BLM and have better gear for that

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...racter/8345959
    Even if you've never done it, you can do a little bit of pvp to farm up 4k wolf marks and buy a decent 235 weapon in just a few hours. Frontline roulette will give you 1500/1750/2000 marks for 3rd, 2nd and 1st place respectively. The Feast will give 250/500 marks for losing/winning and takes a maximum of 9 minutes (1 minute set up, 8 minutes play time) but I've seen it end in about 3 minutes total when one side just steamrolled the other. So yeah, you can get a weapon pretty fast.

I also have a separate question.

How often do the store mounts go on sale ?

Does Sleipnir ever go on sale ?

Is yes then for how much ?
    The last time I know for a fact Sleipnir went on sale was winter of 2015. I grabbed it then and haven't payed much attention to the shop since. I think you'll just have to keep an eye on the lodestone.

edit - and checking my email to confirm the purchase date I also saw my promo codes have come in. /happydance
    edit 2 - They were very literal about it taking 48 hours to send the codes. 11:16 AM when I got my order confirmation, 11:16 AM 2 days later when I got the bonus codes.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-04-27 at 03:34 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Went to do some leveling in PotD.

Used Pomander of Rage to clear floor, got cried how I apparently shouldn't use it on trash. Next floor didn't pop it, they cried since I didn't use it.

The heck do these people want from me?
    I pretty much hog poms whenever I run PotD and I've yet to encounter anyone whining about me using them. Rage is virtually useless on boss fights, even after they buffed it for those (only time I recall it being useful was before 51-200 was available, when you could use it to 1 shot the adds on floor 40 boss).

- Try to pair it with Sight/Safety and Fortune for maximum effect
    - Don't use on floors with less than 5 rooms total (if you have Sight up), unless it's the last floor before boss or such (floor x8, have 2 rage poms, why save one then)
    - MNK should get priority for Rage use due to Fist of Wind; BRD should not use Rage so they can Swiftsong the Rage user along

That's for matched groups; there can be situations where at 150+ it's "if we don't use poms here we're gonna die", so I recall at least one instance where using a Rage bailed us out of a bad spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That's for matched groups; there can be situations where at 150+ it's "if we don't use poms here we're gonna die", so I recall at least one instance where using a Rage bailed us out of a bad spot.
    Yeah, tho - it was normal floor 51-60 run, with matched group. Trying to get BLM up with it, while rested exp is "recharging" for WAR's dungeon madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They introduce them in such a way that I've not had trouble figuring out rotations in XIV. The only time I've been "wtf are all this, wtf do?!" was leveling via PotD where I had things flung at me left and right. I had to sit there at the end before leaving and look over tool tips more to figure things out.

Most rotations seem more complicated on paper than they are once you start using them, but as people have noted, Yoshida feels they got too complicated in HW and the ceiling got too far from the floor, so they'll be simplifying some of it to raise the floor and narrow the gap.

That's odd, I've only heard positive reviews of the PS4 version from players who swap back and forth between PC max settings and PS4. Can't really think of what might cause the issue, though.
    Yea I agree that they introduce skills well. Problem is when I don't play for 6 months and come back PotD could probably be a good way to pick up on rotations again but I find the place so incredibly boring and stuff dies long before you get a rotation off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Yea I agree that they introduce skills well. Problem is when I don't play for 6 months and come back PotD could probably be a good way to pick up on rotations again but I find the place so incredibly boring and stuff dies long before you get a rotation off anyway.
    I feel PotD is a great way to get a FEEL for the class it's abilities, mechanics and aesthetics and whether you enjoy playing it, but not to truly understand or master it because as you said, stuff dies too fast, the game play is a little hectic at times and it's rare for you to get into a legit group with tank and healer that allows you to make optimal use of your positionals and abilities and whatnot and really understand how your class is meant to function in a real dungeon/ raid group.

The training dummies are the best way for this honestly, if you're shy about doing dungeons prior to really grasping your class. However the only real way to get a feel for your class in a legit dungeon or raid is to take it into a dungeon or raid once you feel comfortable enough to do so. I always take 5-10 minutes beating on a training dummy on a class I haven't played in a while to get ability flow down so I'm not completely flat footed in a dungeon, once I get that down I can go to a dungeon and feel how it works there.

Knowing your class is only half the equation when it comes to performance anyway, as for you to maximize your output you also need to know the encounters so the only way to really improve on a class is to play that class on those encounters to see how the class ability flow works alongside the encounter flow. Sometimes this is easier to learn as some classes are very close in their flow or practically identical based on the role (Healers and Tanks for example all have the same basic things to worry about in the encounter, so the learning curve is almost entirely on class knowledge and not encounter), but the point is the same.

This player on Cerberus(EU) with Flying Cloud mount...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Seen a couple on Phoenix. It should be coming to Mogstation in a couple of months at least anyway. Along with the maid/butler attire, masks and possibly the White Fat Chocobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had somebody in 51-60 PotD with the promo outfit. Sadly couldn't inspect and try it on myself.

It's okay Midoriya-kun... this is the story of how you became the greatest cloud rider in the world!
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

FF14 seriously needs to add this to the game as a small QoL feature.

When a duty pops the icon on the taskbar glows. WoW has it. Sometimes I'm watching youtube stuff or guides and I'll miss the queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I'd honestly be ok with the amount of buttons if the game just had a better way of guiding you into said rotations. Like with WoW I can use Ovale to pick up on what the preferred rotation is for a class (and use it anyway with my feral main given the feral rotations complexity). That and you have other addons such as WeakAuras to help out. At least I think I recall this being something they are looking to improve upon with Stormbloods UI but otherwise when I look at rotations such as the Summoner on the wiki I just get overwhelmed.
    That's not really a rotation as it's an opener, that said it's also very highly unlikely you'll be following that to the t just because of the fact you have to move.

Reality wise just follow a priority system for DoTs > Fillers (Ruin) and stack cooldowns. There are more tiny things relating to charge timers and stacking trance + fester/miasma burst. Increase in dps is a lot more minimal but is a bit more tight and headache inducing since screwing it up means losing an entire cycle of trance.

It's gonna go top left like it does with me all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's gonna go top left like it does with me all the damn time.
    Got the grape one under the fish.

Got the grape one under the fish.
    Condolences man. I smashed a mouse when it was the 1 mil MGP one first time.

so...i bought $20 blizzard card and...i didn't get a FFXIV code?