15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be able to download the benchmark in 1 1/2 hrs.

also best benchmark reveal ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    lol, for all the Naruto fans out there, Ninja apparently gets a Toad Summoning Jutsu! XD
    My friend noted that Shadow Man had a frog in the Mega Man series as well. No clue what the ninja/frog connection is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    My friend noted that Shadow Man had a frog in the Mega Man series as well. No clue what the ninja/frog connection is, though.
    Its a familiar thing like with witches in western folklore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    im pretty sure every MNK in that was not doing any positional movement at all. Could just be lazy playing on the part of the recording team but you never know, maybe positional movements gone? not sure i'd like that honestly, MNK could feel pretty boring without the footsie movement.
    Wouldn't that kill the entire core of the monk class?
    But then again, they were stupid enough to add minuet and kill the bards uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiraiya
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wouldn't that kill the entire core of the monk class?
    But then again, they were stupid enough to add minuet and kill the bards uniqueness.
    Maybe they are getting rid of some moves like the cycle through stances one and just giving them a "go stance free for 30 seconds" type deal? i dont play MNK much but it must suck when things like battle litany and the like are up and everyone else can burst and go ham but the boss positioning and aoes stops you doing your rotation right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i dont play MNK much but it must suck when things like battle litany and the like are up and everyone else can burst and go ham but the boss positioning and aoes stops you doing your rotation right.
    Doing your rotation right while dancing around AoEs is the fun part.
    Unless the tank is a moron and can't stopp turning the mob.

"unless"?

15+ Year Old Account
    >4.0 dungeons, (after defeating the 3rd boss), you'll always be able to get at least one piece of gear for your job

Yessss. Dunno if that means a guaranteed loot roll drop or if you'll get an item straight into your inventory but I think its the latter.

Doing your rotation right while dancing around AoEs is the fun part.
    I agree the flow of the rotation with positioning is what made MNK fun for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Thanks! I knew there was probably something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the sound of moving system, just hope that they'll release it for personal and FC at the same time. And apparently it can even be different size than original plot, so it won't conflict. My Free Company has small in Lavender Beds, while I've small in Mist - FC is planning to race for large, and if I'm lucky enough, I'll try to get medium from Shirogane.

At least I don't need to risk my house with the house moving system.

"As for the steps, players will access the sign board of the plot and select the option to purchase the plot, next they will be presented with an option to move, so they will just need to select that option. You will then be required to purchase the land."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4121685

Also, there’s a new storage, so you’ll be able to store outdoor furnishings, so please use it as a storage space.
    I wish they would do this for indoor furnishings too. I put up 2 partitions to make a "closet" to store all my seasonal stuff when not using it.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    "Download: 20 mins left".. curse my slow internet speeds.

Well, I got 'Extremely High' for the Benchmark so I guess I'll be fine for Stormblood!

15+ Year Old Account

A few dips here and there, with the water/diving area being the worst offender. Max settings.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm good. (Preset 1 = Maximum, I just saved the settings and it's called Preset 1)

Some interesting new abilities in that benchmark:

- WAR charge/dash/plunge (so WAR remains the perfect tank ability kit, lol)
    - MNK with some way to instantly obtain GL3; I haven't pvped at all and I know they have such a skill for that, so maybe that is being imported to pve?
    - BRD massive arrow volley
    - NIN with the frog thing
    - MCH flamethrower...some people just want to watch the world burn
    - BLM some sort of aoe...that oddly seems like Flare, only purple and shadowy
    - DRK appeared to apply Shadowskin to the SAM

Certain I missed some...only been able to watch it once so far.

9295. Respectable for a FX 6300 and GTX 1050. Some settings were turned down such as tessellation since I don't notice that stuff and Radial Blur because I frigging hate Blur in game.

On topic. Did anyone notice a certain FFX Aeon towards the end of the benchmark video? :O