So an additional $50 on top of purchasing ARR + SB, so ~$100 USD for someone wanting to jump right into SB from scratch. Little to no different than starting a WoW account from scratch nowadays.

I'm somewhat indifferent to it because I've already done all the MSQ and I've every job at 60. But I'm more of a fringe case, I'd think (relatively speaking).

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if SMN and SCH level up together still? (Since they swapped the whole cross class thing). I get the feeling it'd be the same cause that also means separating the base class to something different (and also copy pasting a lot of stuff) which may be a bit annoying and break things, but of course nothing mentioned I see from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Any idea if SMN and SCH level up together still? (Since they swapped the whole cross class thing). I get the feeling it'd be the same cause that also means separating the base class to something different (and also copy pasting a lot of stuff) which may be a bit annoying and break things, but of course nothing mentioned I see from it.
    Nothing stated to suggest it's been changed. Pretty sure they still level together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Nothing stated to suggest it's been changed. Pretty sure they still level together.
    Okeys. I capitalize on lazy leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully I have full premade group who I can play with.

Who the **** thought it'd be good idea to add those day #1, should have waited a bit at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Who the **** thought it'd be good idea to add those day #1, should have waited a bit at least.
    "Who gives a #&*@& about the story, I demand instant access NOW" was heard loud and clear, I guess. As if the Samurai and Red Mage queue floods won't be bad enough as it is.

Going to have to play with a premade leveling group for every dungeon for a while. DPS queues are going to be an hour or longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to have to play with a premade leveling group for every dungeon for a while. DPS queues are going to be an hour or longer.
    Aye.. going to play a while with only officer premade from Free Company.

DRK/AST/SMN/SAM(or RDM or DRG).

Those potions are a good thing.

Homophobia is so gay.

They did kind of discuss the reasoning behind this. They basically said that the majority of people who purchase the boosts are gamers who have played games before and don't need as much coaching, but even then players who boost a job are highly encouraged to go and do the Hall of the Novice in order to learn their role and their job actions in order to play effectively.

I'm OK with this implementation, not excited or anything, but the game needed it at this point in order to alleviate the time needed to get to endgame and play with veteran friends.

We'll inevitably see people with boosted jobs doing horribly in dungeons/ raids, but we see that now with people who leveled normally so I don't really see how this will have a huge effect on the game play experience. We'll need to deal with them the same way we do now...however that might be depending on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I was curious about that as well because when they were talking about the job boost potions, they said there will be 13 different ones available. But if SMN/SCH level together then there should only be 12.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They did kind of discuss the reasoning behind this. They basically said that the majority of people who purchase the boosts are gamers who have played games before and don't need as much coaching, but even then players who boost a job are highly encouraged to go and do the Hall of the Novice in order to learn their role and their job actions in order to play effectively.

I'm OK with this implementation, not excited or anything, but the game needed it at this point in order to alleviate the time needed to get to endgame and play with veteran friends.

We'll inevitably see people with boosted jobs doing horribly in dungeons/ raids, but we see that now with people who leveled normally so I don't really see how this will have a huge effect on the game play experience. We'll need to deal with them the same way we do now...however that might be depending on the person.
    Not sure which will be more annoying: The typical bad in a dungeon, or some numbnut who will be shouting in Kugane or whatever the main idle hub becomes over who's what where when and how concerning the story. "TL; DR version plz" sort of thing.

Given that I have friends who play, which allows me to largely avoid the former, I believe the latter would annoy me more. Not to a "fuck this game, I quit" level, mind you.

The potions are fine. The game could use more players

I'm just uneasy with the argument of "anything that brings in more players is good for the game" mentality. There's a difference between "more money" and "good for the game's longevity and health of its development direction."

We could adopt models that appeal to the XBox Live crowd and implement a ton of mobile game methodologies to get more players. That would be GREAT if we got another million people, right?! ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

Just keep in mind, not all the skills. Just a preview of some.
    Uhuh. So every class gets some awkward resource display now?
    I main WHM for 3 years now, I have 0 clue what that display is supposed to depict.
    I seriously hope that not every friggin class will now revolve about some "combo point management". >.<

Still, I'll withhold final judgment until I see it in game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd heal/tank for you any day, sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Not sure which will be more annoying: The typical bad in a dungeon, or some numbnut who will be shouting in Kugane or whatever the main idle hub becomes over who's what where when and how concerning the story. "TL; DR version plz" sort of thing.

Given that I have friends who play, which allows me to largely avoid the former, I believe the latter would annoy me more. Not to a "fuck this game, I quit" level, mind you.
    All of the story will be available to experience through the Unending Journey in Inn rooms for those who use the boosts, just like it would be if you normally went through it. I'd personally tell them to stfu and go experience it that way or google it and read a wiki or something and stop contaminating chat with their entitled stupidity. If they get toxic, blacklist and report them. I don't tolerate entitlement or stupidity. Asking for a TL;DR for a story you just paid your way to NOT experience is both of those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleric Stance is a temporary damage boost, no longer a swap on/off. No more stance dancing for healers.
    Kinda sad to see this go. On the other hand, it might make it easier to heal unpredictable bad players that currently would get the short end of the "5s cooldown" stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Kinda sad to see this go. On the other hand, it might make it easier to heal unpredictable bad players that currently would get the short end of the "5s cooldown" stick.
    Sadly we'll still probably see healers just simply stand and AFK instead of DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly we'll still probably see healers just simply stand and AFK instead of DPS.
    Most definitely.
    Though I wonder: with accuracy gone and cleric made a CD. Will we even properly contribute like we do now or will healer DPS be pathetic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Though I wonder: with accuracy gone and cleric made a CD. Will we even properly contribute like we do now or will healer DPS be pathetic?
    Eh, healers still need to level somehow, so I'm sure they can pull out some DPS at least.

Mobs won't kill themselves if I just keep healing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    All of the story will be available to experience through the Unending Journey in Inn rooms for those who use the boosts, just like it would be if you normally went through it. I'd personally tell them to stfu and go experience it that way or google it and read a wiki or something and stop contaminating chat with their entitled stupidity. If they get toxic, blacklist and report them. I don't tolerate entitlement or stupidity. Asking for a TL;DR for a story you just paid your way to NOT experience is both of those things.
    Right. Hopefully it won't devolve to a level where I need to make a macro as a response to such shenanigans.

I expect my blacklist to grow a bit as a result, but I'm also hoping I'm being overly pessimistic...so I'm trying to be optimistic about being too pessimistic. Go figure.