Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except that the Heavensward quests require you to have gear to continue them. I did the levelling part of the MSQ, but can't do the next part because of not having 180 (I think?) Mostly because rings/wrist are still 130
    Slightly unfortunate for people who did story quests up to the antitower without improving their gear, yes, since that's the biggest item level gap (partially because 3.1 had no main story dungeon, antitower is 3.2 content). Still, Stormblood will undoubtedly have level 60 vendor gear that's 230+ just as Heavensward has level 50 vendor gear that's item level 115. And worst case scenario you can get item level 230 gear from poetic tomestones, which even you probably still have some since they're the level 50 currency right now.

Basically, there will be very little to no grinding required to reach the item levels for story content.

So heres whats buging me: what the hell was the Iron Feast for?

Its a huge coliseum in the dravanian hinterlands and i dont remember doing anything there.

Alright, Square has officially hit the point that I feel they're putting way too many optional items on the store. T-T

Especially ones that I like and want! So far I haven't bought anything from the Mog Station, though.

I'd rather more minions and mounts on the store than outfits and emotes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I hope this is the situation only until Stormblood comes. Otherwise we will see a lot of complaints.

When I played from 1 to 60 in 3.1 I think my ilvl was like 143 in the end. Last MSQ I did was probably "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness". So instead of just finishing the 3.x MSQ and going to Stormblood I should grind in Heavensward until ilvl 230 because otherwise I can't do the quests?
    The MSQ started giving better ilvl items when Heavensward released. Likely there will be items moved to quest rewards so the MSQ bumps you up to needed ilvls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Alright, Square has officially hit the point that I feel they're putting way too many optional items on the store. T-T

Especially ones that I like and want!
    I'm just looking at MogStation like "Hnnggh..", currently sitting at negative amount of €, so can't buy anything for next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky me: cat refuses to go out in belly-free clothing.

I wonder how long it will take me in total to get to A12...

EDIT: 75 minute queue for 5 minutes of gameplay
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2017-05-30 at 02:24 PM.

Started playing this with my Fiancee at the weekend. Coming from wow, the levelling experience (so far) is a breath of fresh air. Really enjoyable.

We both started as Pugilists so we could start in the same area. I decided to ultimately go Ninja and my Fiancee Samurai (which I know isn't available till stormblood so she's going monk for now) so we both got to 15 and I've gone Rogue and she's gone Lancer so we have the requirements for our jobs (both at level 10 now). She's going to switch back to pugilist at 15.

Is there anything you would recommend that we should be doing?

Especially ones that I like and want! So far I haven't bought anything from the Mog Station, though.

Yeah I'm almost there myself. Maybe minions don't sell as well as outfits which wouldn't surprise me considering you cant use pets in instances.

Holy crap do I want this outfit though.... but 25$ CAD ain't worth it.

Also I don't know if anyone knows but it seems everything that sells for MGP except mounts is 50% off at the moment.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-05-30 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lucky me: cat refuses to go out in belly-free clothing.
    My male miqo'te has been running monk in orange pants and no shirt. He's gone all Shaolin with the glamour while leveling it. XD

As someone else noted, the new garb does look pretty apt for a Samurai as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So heres whats buging me: what the hell was the Iron Feast for?

Its a huge coliseum in the dravanian hinterlands and i dont remember doing anything there.
    It's that place you go to fish up Pipira Pira...aaaaand that's about it.

Lore-wise, I can't recall if it's significance had been mentioned at some point (I want to say it has but it was in a side quest, maybe, or something even more vague).

- - - Updated - - -

Going to agree. Heck, I already thought it was starting to venture into that sort of territory prior to this year, but so long as people are stu-er gullib-uh...well, so long as people continue to fork out $7 USD for an emote, they're going to continue to show up on the Mog Station.

The recent Far Eastern stuff is particularly disappointing because that's a lot of cool stuff that could've been crafter-made glamours and/or quest rewards from the Othard regions. But as I just alluded to pertaining to emotes, so long as people are willing to open their wallets, SE is more than happy to oblige them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortWarning View Post
    Started playing this with my Fiancee at the weekend. Coming from wow, the levelling experience (so far) is a breath of fresh air. Really enjoyable.

We both started as Pugilists so we could start in the same area. I decided to ultimately go Ninja and my Fiancee Samurai (which I know isn't available till stormblood so she's going monk for now) so we both got to 15 and I've gone Rogue and she's gone Lancer so we have the requirements for our jobs (both at level 10 now). She's going to switch back to pugilist at 15.

Is there anything you would recommend that we should be doing?
    Just keep following the main story quest. You might want to consider one of you going tank or healer. You will have to do dungeons as part of the MSQ, and having a tank or healer would shorten queue times significantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems they put a lot of familiar NPCs in the golden saucer with the make it rain campaign to name a few tataru hildy papashan momimi baederon and mother mionne and the songbird chicks.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Seems they put a lot of familiar NPCs in the golden saucer with the make it rain campaign to name a few tataru hildy papashan momimi baederon and mother mionne and the songbird chicks.
    Everyone likes a vacation once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    My only concern with SB is them having another content lull after launch. That really killed the momentum. But I hope your right. The cash shop keeps getting bigger and i would spend more if I knew that I was investing in 14, and not more side projects.
    HW had a big momentum at the start, but they went for a 2mth holiday(which they deserved) and patch 3.1 came 5 months later instead of 3months as was the norm.

The 5 month wait was horrible, a lot of my FC left and my neighbouring FC, a bunch of hardcore raiders, also left. Most came back after 3.1 was released but diadem was such a huge failure and everyone was sick of Alex+ Void Ark was a letdown, they left again and never came back.

3.2 was great but the damage was done. Nearly 8 months of Alex 1-4 was terrible and VA is/was a joke.

I really hope they keep the momentum up this time around.

I think they'll be in a better position. The 3 dungeons per patch was part of the reason for the burn out, even if I definitely preferred that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I hope this is the situation only until Stormblood comes. Otherwise we will see a lot of complaints.

When I played from 1 to 60 in 3.1 I think my ilvl was like 143 in the end. Last MSQ I did was probably "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness". So instead of just finishing the 3.x MSQ and going to Stormblood I should grind in Heavensward until ilvl 230 because otherwise I can't do the quests?
    The requirement will very likely not change in Stormblood, but the MSQ's will almost certainly have gear added to them to make sure you meet the ilvl requirement (much as the 2.x quests leading up to HW did).

I also preferred 3 dungeons. (Though I recall him mentioning 2 dungeons was to help the team, I also recall the main reason for the lull was stated as "Working without a break since they decided to do the 1.0-2.0 rebuild, and everyone deserves a vacation")

Anyway, aside from the obvious "more is better", the reason I liked the 3 dungeons better was mainly for the variety once it became a token grind. I'd be happy if they just left all of the SB expert dungeons in the same roulette. Tighten up the range on the scaling technology if you want to keep it more difficult. Or leave the 2 "old" dungeons and the 2 "new" ones in the same expert roulette so there's at least 4 to choose from.

I cringe when doing the expert roulette after a few weeks. I like doing the leveling roulette because of all the variety. I don't mind the heroic Q in Legion because of the large variety.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-05-30 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    HW had a big momentum at the start, but they went for a 2mth holiday(which they deserved) and patch 3.1 came 5 months later instead of 3months as was the norm.

The 5 month wait was horrible, a lot of my FC left and my neighbouring FC, a bunch of hardcore raiders, also left. Most came back after 3.1 was released but diadem was such a huge failure and everyone was sick of Alex+ Void Ark was a letdown, they left again and never came back.

3.2 was great but the damage was done. Nearly 8 months of Alex 1-4 was terrible and VA is/was a joke.

I really hope they keep the momentum up this time around.
    3.0-3.1 was a culmination of several crappy factors:

- Gordias Savage being absolutely brutal difficulty wise
    - Several jobs playstyle changing significantly (which made the first point I listed even worse)
    - Non-static/casual content featured all of 2 dungeons and essentially 1 EX primal (since Bismark was nothing more than a gate to Ravana)

That list could easily be expanded upon, but it makes the point as is.

I'm one of many folks who quit at some point during 3.0-3.1 (I stopped a week or two before 3.1 release). Have to say, though, that I'm glad I gave this game another chance starting with 3.2.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they'll be in a better position. The 3 dungeons per patch was part of the reason for the burn out, even if I definitely preferred that.
    Heck, I would settle for just the launch having 3, then 2 from that point onward. Don't see that happening, though.

I think 2 dungeons per patch would have been fine if they had kept the last 2 dungeons in Expert Roulette. So 4 dungeons in total in Expert Roulette, the dungeons from the last two patches.