Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    blah blah blah
    Yeah sorry they knew how many people would be around for Stormblood well in advance due to pre-orders. They do not get a pass for this shit. Know why? This EXACT scenario happened in ARR with duty finder issues, constant crashes, bullshit long queues. They had years to fix it and never did. So when this expansion rolls around they weren't prepared. And they sure as fuck don't get a pass because of Early Access. This is the launch and it has been a shitshow.

The only thing I truly, truly hate about this game is that you still cannot whisper people when they're in dungeons etc.

I can't believe this completely ridiculous issue made it into a game as good as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's very uncommon for me and, I could be wrong on this, I'll bet you wherever you're at in SBland is more populated than Quarrymill even. Even with all the congestion issues a lot of people are still out and about moseying around the towns and whatnot.
    I mean I've crashed in the river with no one around. Beats me. It has been fine since the last crash like 45 mins ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah sorry they knew how many people would be around for Stormblood well in advance due to pre-orders. They do not get a pass for this shit. Know why? This EXACT scenario happened in ARR with duty finder issues, constant crashes, bullshit long queues. They had years to fix it and never did. So when this expansion rolls around they weren't prepared. And they sure as fuck don't get a pass because of Early Access. This is the launch and it has been a shitshow.
    They DID fix it by creating our current data centers it was an overload issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They DID fix it by creating our current data centers it was an overload issue
    Which they should have been better prepared for. I mean pre-orders are a thing for a reason. I mean at this point it does not matter that much. All I really care about is when I can actually, you know, continue on the MSQ instead of being forced into fate grinding or shit tier PvP where healers can live with 2-3 people beating on them at once. So fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I'm so bloody tired of POTD and my RDM is only 56(curse you shitty launch).
    I'd be happy if I was able to reliably do PotD. Problem is I have a large chance to get DC'd every time I try to do an instanced duty so I won't. So now I'm stuck behind the same wall most people are in the MSQ and I can't even level my SAM in an efficient manner as my fall back.

I take back what I said about this being smooth, it is not. I understand why we're having the issue, doesn't make it any less frustrating. At least I have my CE delivery on Tuesday to be excited about. Not sure I'll get much else done in Stormblood between now and then. At least I got my RDM to 60 on day 1 before all the shit hit the fans.

I wish they could come up with a better way to level up other classes, you'd think after all this time they'd come up with something not so repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I wish they could come up with a better way to level up other classes, you'd think after all this time they'd come up with something not so repetitive.
    You can do dungeons, POTD, leeves, Fates and now PVP? I mean you have options... what else do you want to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling will always be boring and repetitive, because ultimately it's just "Waste time to fill bar X times to get a properly working character and access the endgame".

Back ini't my day we fate grinded exclusively and we liked it, uphill in the snow both ways!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    bullshit.

Cata was swamped at the starting areas. Mists had the airship issue. WoD had the garrison issue. Legion seemed to be mostly smooth. Patches have had serious issues, including server crashes. Some servers stayed offline for long periods of time. Some servers were crashing regularly. I happened to be on some of the servers that had continuous issues and if you don't believe, don't care, because there are threads on the official forums that can be found about these issues, and I'm sure there are threads here as people don't hesitate to complain here.

You preordered the game. Grats. So did I. You didn't pay extra, and you are not getting anything less. You may be stuck on the quest problem, and yes it sucks, but be a mature adult about it. I'll quote your signature "People will always complain. Even when you change the thing they're complaining about," ... sums it up.

You acting like they aren't working on it because they don't make a post every hour stating they are working on it, pretty much sums it up. They say they are working on it, and shit takes time. WoW's responses have been similar, and they have had issues many times that took days/weeks to resolve. People acted/responded to them the same way you are with FFXIV right now, being impatient and expecting constant updates for no reason than to say 'still working on it, fix not ready yet'.

I bought the game, because I intend to play it, early access to stormblood stuff was a bonus. It's cool if you wanted to rush the content, but there is a technical issue you can't. It's the way it is, until a fix comes in. As an adult, we accept the things we cannot change and deal with it. They aren't sitting in their offices rubbing their palms and laughing maniacally at us. I'm sure Yoshi is stressed out about it, the dude seems to actually give a shit about the game; even with people acting like spoiled toddlers. Takes thick skin, like Ghostcrawler said, to love your product and deal with the temperamental entitled public.

All games like this have problems. All of them. WoW, SWtOR, Tera, Rift, etc ... none are perfect, they've all had good and bad launches and patches; no matter the size of the teams, how long the betas/testing phases, or how big/small the patch is. Things happen. An adult understands this, no matter how disappointed they may be at the fact the problem is affecting them in a negative way.

Roadblock for a day and half, and some are getting through ... sounds a lot like WoD and Mists to me. Some got through the garrison roadblocks and the airship bug, some had to wait for fixes.

As a former PR-Student, you should realize that all you can do sometimes is apologize and let people know you are working on a solution. Repeating it over and over doesn't help, and sometimes can get frustrating. Explaining the issue and how it is currently being dealt with while a more suitable fix is being done is pretty much all you can do. People are working on it. You can't just throw more money and more people at it and it be resolved that much faster; let the team working on it do their job.

BTW, it isn't an assumption if it is a self description. Not my fault you haven't updated it, and it doesn't change much anyway. Either you haven't dealt with much going wrong in your personal or work life, and/or you have no empathy for others that have.

It isn't excusing them for it; it is just accepting the facts. They got overwhelmed. More people joined stormblood than they expected. This exact thing happened to wow for WoD, ignoring the garrison issue. Shit happens. No company or person is perfect. Problems don't get solved by wishing them to be so. Make the best of it and try to be happy with your life.
    Hey wow a mature adult response. I did not expect it in this thread

So i unlocked samurai and man thats kind of a shittier tacked on feeling intro than that of the RDM, hope the questing story improves it. Straight up "hey im literally throwing kitanas and soul stones at people, have a free sample!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i unlocked samurai and man thats kind of a shittier tacked on feeling intro than that of the RDM, hope the questing story improves it. Straight up "hey im literally throwing kitanas and soul stones at people, have a free sample!"
    I thought rdm was great :O Havent tried SAM yet though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    No matter how bad it is it's nowhere near as bad as Lich King launch was. The "additional instances cannot be launched" error lasted for months.

Also EU servers don't seem to be having any issues so all is fine.
    A lot of issues always stem to NA side of things, EU side of things don't always follow suit. also you do know the sub numbers leading into WOTLK right? Its a number every mmo developer wishes to have once for active subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You are in queue: 22".

Took me 20 minutes, alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Wait are EU servers fine? I thought everything was borked. I'm actually curious about the JP ones too.
    This is what the first instanced MSQ location looked like on Odin (EU) yesterday (EA day #2).

So, I saw Shirogane in its grand glory...

...House moving feature, you have to pay for the new plot price regardless? And it is available for both free companies and individual players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't notice anyone mentioning, but apparently that primal bug has been fixed.

[Maintenance] All Worlds "Ruby Sea" Emergency Maintenance (Jun. 18)

Spoiler: 
    In order to address the issue in which beating “The Pool of Tribute” results in an error being displayed when returning from the content and causing players to be unable to log in again, we will be performing emergency maintenance on "The Ruby Sea" on all Worlds at the time below, during which the area will be unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Jun. 18, 2017 9:00 (GMT)
    Jun. 18, 2017 10:00 (BST)
    * Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Area]
    The Ruby Sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    A lot of issues always stem to NA side of things, EU side of things don't always follow suit. also you do know the sub numbers leading into WOTLK right? Its a number every mmo developer wishes to have once for active subs.
    I know that LK was WoWs height of popularity but the point still stands. FFXIV is just a victim of it's own success atm. And I know US servers have higher population with servers been full even during night time while the EU ones were all but empty on the night after the start of early access so yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "You are in queue: 22".

Took me 20 minutes, alright then.

Don't complain :P

The queue was never this bad even when Heavensward launched. I'd like to play tonight but I think my chances of that are slim. It sucks -_-

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Don't complain :P
    Eh, was just a surprised - woke up, found queue of 22 - went to do other things and found out that I was still in queue.

Meanwhile others in FC said that it took only 5 minutes, so dunno.