So anyone noticing a numbers change in roles? I'm now regularly getting 8 mans where i'm the only red mage and only seeing one SAM as well, maybe the new hotness is wearing off and the folks that dont like it are going back to their old jobs?

i had a Halicarnassus with two RDM and two SAM and the tanks and healers were going 'woo easy dps'.

which in itself is confusing since i thought RDM was right in the middle of the road outside of dualcast, empowered, accelerated bursting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    So buffed rewards for doing the DR are the only reason for doing it. Okay, I can work with that.

By your own admission, DR isn't worth doing if you don't get the rewards. In which case, as soon as the reward switches over to healers, all the tanks are either going to stop queueing or swap to healers.

Then when the number of healers increases, the problem switches back to tanks again. The only time it would ever switch to DPS would be if there were far more Tanks and Healers in the queue than DPS, and when you consider that you need twice as many DPS as Healers and Tanks.... Realistically, it's not going to happen.

Using your model, we'd need to reward *everyone* for doing the DR with bonus loot. At which point it's not bonus loot, it's just regular loot. You'd have to offer that and an extra incentive to get people to queue up for the least popular roles effectively breaking the reward structure of the game.
    No.. thats not how it works.

If there is an adventurer in need, then that means that there are at least 3 players (obviously many more than 3) who want to go into a dungeon for the sake of going into that dungeon. (they chose to do so for no other reason than what the normal DR/dungeon has to offer)
    But no tank is there for them, which is why they have to wait 30 minutes until a tank has the same urge to do a dungeon.
    If the "adventurer in need" pops up - and the reward is decent then a tank might help them earlier.

And it stops there. there is no shift to the 2nd bottleneck as long as you update the "adventurer in need"-thing every few minutes

There is no need to reward "everyone" - you just reward the class that is needed and that's it.

Once enough tanks sign up, there is *no* adventurer in need at all. that thing doesn't have to be up 24/7, you know?
    When queue times are below 5minutes or something - there is obviously no special need for a specific role.

The adventurer in need feature is not supposed to make dungeon runs *happen*, it's supposed to get already queued up people going.

You are literally assuming that 1000 tanks press the "join DR" button at the same time.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-08 at 01:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is game? It is worth a try? How leveling in this game - same as WoW's? I mean everyone just rush spam dungeons hurry to end game? Anyone who played WoW and tryed FF14? I just planing come back to WoW and can't afford time for both MMOs but heard FF14 is hard and interesting. Do this game have trial to give it a shot?
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2017-07-08 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    How is game? It is worth a try? How leveling in this game - same as WoW's? I mean everyone just rush spam dungeons hurry to end game? Anyone who played WoW and tryed FF14? I just planing come back to WoW and can't afford time for both MMOs but heard FF14 is hard and interesting. Do this game have trial to give it a shot?
    Fans will probably hate me, but as a raiding vet: FF-XIV pretty much plays like WoW with different graphics.
    As to whether FF-XIV is harder than wow: Savage raiding is probably on par with mythic, main difference: raiding is NOT the sole focus and thus there are only a handful of bosses per Tier (last expansion it was 4 bosses per 6Mo raid tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Fans will probably hate me, but as a raiding vet: FF-XIV pretty much plays like WoW with different graphics.
    As to whether FF-XIV is harder than wow: Savage raiding is probably on par with mythic, main difference: raiding is NOT the sole focus and thus there are only a handful of bosses per Tier (last expansion it was 4 bosses per 6Mo raid tier).
    I mean you're not wrong for the most part. Why would anyone get mad? wait stupid question ;p

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    No.. thats not how it works.
    Except that is exactly how it would work. Imagine you have in the DR queue; 3 tanks, 3 healers and 50 DPS. You can get 3 groups out of that, or 1 raid and a 4 man group. If you've got 1 Tank, 3 Healers and 50 DPS, you can only get 1 group 4 man group.

Now imagine you give an AiN bonus to tanks of Rank 6 Materia of their choice and 800k Gil. Now, your queue looks like this; 10 Tanks, 3 healers, 40 DPS. You can still only make 3 groups because you're limited by the number of healers . You've moved the queue bottleneck on to another role. You've not "solved" anything, and Healers are now AiN. So your queue will now shift to something like this; 3 Tanks, 10 healers, 40 DPS. So the bonus moves back to tanks and so on and so forth.

To fix this problem you need to get more DPS to swap to playing a Tank/Healer to even out the roles in the queue. To get players to level up and gear another job is already a big ask, but to get them to level up another job that comes with a ton of extra responsibilites, gear it up and to potentially learn a new role they may be unfamiliar with all for a tiny bit of extra Gil upon completion is a miniscule reward for the effort it takes.

Getting more players interested in tanking and healing is a problem MMO's have been trying to solve for years now. GW2 even decided to do away with them entirely. While you could definately do it by offering over the top rewards for performing the role, that is going to outright break any other reward structures in your game.

Alternatively you need add more people of all roles to the queue. There will still be a queue, of course, but having more participants in the roulette means more groups are going to be formed in the same time frame, and a shorter average wait because of that.

You said you don't do the DR queues because there's nothing in it for you. That's fine, lots of other players are in the same situation as you are. To fix that, Squenix needs to give you some sort of incentive and you yourself said that you would do DR's if they gave you Materia. But if they're handing out Materia for simply participating, then they need to offer Materia and something else as an AiN bonus, which again can break existing reward structures in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I mean you're not wrong for the most part. Why would anyone get mad? wait stupid question ;p
    I R MAD
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Some reason reminds me of when someone said they get flak for saying anime is short for animation. Think I might've said that once too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after thinking long and hard about the dumpster fire that is 4.X WAR atm, there is two "Simple" changes that would make playing it 10 times less aids.

Going to beat the dead horse on the stance dance tax, it needs to be taken out back and shot.

The second, I want to see either Block or Path change based on which stance you're in. I got the idea when playing Dark Knight, how if you're in Grit Siphon strike gives you double the mana return, they could easily increase the potency of Path while you're in Deliverance to give a nice passive damage buff with out veering too far into "OP" territory. Turn it into the Royal Authority of WAR.

I stand by my assessment from the first week, WAR mechanical shortcomings can be forgiven when compared to the other tanks if the job was not clunky as fuck to play. Of course the above stated does not fix the Unleashed/Inner Release issue, nor would it fix the giant "Go fuck yourself" Shake it off is, or the waste of Beastgauge onslaught is. But it is a good start, a conservative change that hopefully would not upset current balance by too much and fix the issues many WAR players have.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-07-08 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    Except that is exactly how it would work. Imagine you have in the DR queue; 3 tanks, 3 healers and 50 DPS. You can get 3 groups out of that, or 1 raid and a 4 man group. If you've got 1 Tank, 3 Healers and 50 DPS, you can only get 1 group 4 man group.

Now imagine you give an AiN bonus to tanks of Rank 6 Materia of their choice and 800k Gil. Now, your queue looks like this; 10 Tanks, 3 healers, 40 DPS. You can still only make 3 groups because you're limited by the number of healers . You've moved the queue bottleneck on to another role. You've not "solved" anything, and Healers are now AiN. So your queue will now shift to something like this; 3 Tanks, 10 healers, 40 DPS. So the bonus moves back to tanks and so on and so forth.

To fix this problem you need to get more DPS to swap to playing a Tank/Healer to even out the roles in the queue. To get players to level up and gear another job is already a big ask, but to get them to level up another job that comes with a ton of extra responsibilites, gear it up and to potentially learn a new role they may be unfamiliar with all for a tiny bit of extra Gil upon completion is a miniscule reward for the effort it takes.

Getting more players interested in tanking and healing is a problem MMO's have been trying to solve for years now. GW2 even decided to do away with them entirely. While you could definately do it by offering over the top rewards for performing the role, that is going to outright break any other reward structures in your game.

Alternatively you need add more people of all roles to the queue. There will still be a queue, of course, but having more participants in the roulette means more groups are going to be formed in the same time frame, and a shorter average wait because of that.

You said you don't do the DR queues because there's nothing in it for you. That's fine, lots of other players are in the same situation as you are. To fix that, Squenix needs to give you some sort of incentive and you yourself said that you would do DR's if they gave you Materia. But if they're handing out Materia for simply participating, then they need to offer Materia and something else as an AiN bonus, which again can break existing reward structures in game.

Why is your duty finder not forming any groups?

It will never look like X,Y,Z while XYZ are all > 0.

This is how the duty finder works: (to make it simple, we leave out groups that are 2/4 or 3/4 already)

400dps, 100healer, 0tanks <--- zero.

tank queues up, instant invite

398,99, 0 <---- zero

People see tanks are needed and the rewards are nice, instead of afking in Reach, they decide to do the roulete, 20 tanks in between 5 minutes decide to help.

358,79, 0 <---- zero

etc. etc more tanks join more frequently because of the reward. up until

200,0,0 at which point the system will either reward both healer and tanks, or none of them. (not sure how FFXIV does it).

The 200 people in the queue will remain DDs, they won't switch to healers or tanks.
    The whole system is *all* about people who are currently not in queue.

Without the rewards, you'd probably be looking at a 294,30,0 queue (or something like that) instead of a 200,0,0 one after the same timeframe, which means 30 more groups were being formed due to the rewards.

You need to look at this as a bottle that is already filled with water, not as a bottle that is being filled with water.
    Each and every group that gets thrown together, will remove some of that water and the bottleneck is the amount of people that queue up to help form groups.

If the bottle is full with tanks and dds, each and every healer will instantly remove some of them.
    If it is full with dds and healer, tanks will remove some of them.

What does it matter if it shifts between healers and tanks? If people sign up for the 2 roles that are being played less because of the adventurere reward, that means the bottle will get empty sooner.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-09 at 12:00 AM.

Sold the Bom Boko pet finally, dipshits on my server undercut the price so much it only went for 3.2 Million, but...free money is free money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, I've met enough fanboys ingame that would go enrage when I compare FF-XIV to WoW because they hate wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you do what WoW does and give multiple underrepresented roles the "call to arms" bonus at the same time. I've seen it happen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I tried to download the game yesterday (PC version) but both times I tried (during the day and late night) the dl speed was only hitting 0.5 mb/sec (highest ive seen was 0.6 mb/sec). Would of taken 10+ hours to finish.

Is there somewhere else I can dl it or somehow I can change something to speed it up (tried to see if there was a setting like in WoW where i can change the max speed but couldnt find any).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post
    So I tried to download the game yesterday (PC version) but both times I tried (during the day and late night) the dl speed was only hitting 0.5 mb/sec (highest ive seen was 0.6 mb/sec). Would of taken 10+ hours to finish.

Is there somewhere else I can dl it or somehow I can change something to speed it up (tried to see if there was a setting like in WoW where i can change the max speed but couldnt find any).
    Just do it overnight while you sleep?

Deleted
    How do I obtain items I get from achievements?
    Just finished my THM beastiarium (lvl 50) and checked my inventory (arsenal) but its not there. Went to Uldah and tried to find it but had no success.

Googled for 30 minutes on how to contact a mentor, but maaaaaan getting information in wow was so much easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post
    How do I obtain items I get from achievements?
    Speak with Jonathas at Apkallu Falls, in Old Gridania for achievement item rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post

Make sure all the ports it uses to do the torrent DL are open. If that's the case and it's still going like shit, your ISP is probably responsible for throttling it.

Holy fuck they need to release dyable versions of 290 gear already. Maybe it's the tome gear? Fuck I want to dye the RDM set blue so badly .
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-07-09 at 06:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck they need to release dyable versions of 290 gear already. Maybe it's the tome gear? Fuck I want to dye the RDM set blue so badly .
    This is blasphemy!

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. another Ixion spawn, this time was lucky enough to be in zone as it spawned.

Ended up with only silver medal (1 horn) instead of two simply because zone lag was insane. They really need to do something about this.

holy shit is SE ever going to address the botting in this game? it's actually demotivating me from lvling anything else. bots all over pvp so it got nerfed. bots all gathering and crafting 24/7 and ruining prices.
    Last edited by threads; 2017-07-09 at 06:53 PM.