Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Might just have to wait with how many they are sending.
    Yes, this is the case. From the Changes to Veteran Rewards page, "Items will be delivered as necessary to players when they meet the above requirements. Please note that it may take several days for items to be delivered."

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, this is the case. From the Changes to Veteran Rewards page, "Items will be delivered as necessary to players when they meet the above requirements. Please note that it may take several days for items to be delivered."
    To be honest while I want these rewards now the first and most vital thing they need to be focusing on is this fiasco with housing.

720 plots gone in less than 5 minutes is ridiculous.

As a person who is largely not interested in housing I quite like the neighborhood aspect of meeting new people etc. That said, If I was interested I could see the limited housing sucking.

Seems like a lose lose to me.

These new UI changes are a godsend. Now we just need blacklisting of buffs/debuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest while I want these rewards now the first and most vital thing they need to be focusing on is this fiasco with housing.
    They won't. At least not in the near future. I still believe that they do not have the code/resources for it.
    Even Blizzard struggled HARD with Garrisons, and those were severely limited compared to FF-XIVs housing.

Meh went and snagged one in Goblet instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Still enjoying those non instanced limited housings?
    I'd rather have housing be completely full with a waiting list, knowing that the wards are full than having a house of my own that nobody really gets to see except me and no neighbors.

They should always have one additional ward opened up whenever they all get full though, seems ridiculous to have THIS much drama and waiting list for something everyone wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright now that I've woken up from my nap of defeat.

Uggh, I've not even bothered looking to see how many houses are being scalped right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I get that people are upset with not getting the housing they wanted, but some of the reactions have been rather melodramatic and silly. On the official forums (where I got for my daily dose of sodium) this morning there was no less than 11 separate threads on the front page griping about housing. They ranged from (and mind you paraphrasing here) "YoshiP and SE being a greedy corporation who doesn't care about it's players" to "My FC mates and I logged in X minutes after the servers opened and everything was taken. The one thing that could have made me happy was ripped from me" and "I have no reason to play anymore, thanks for killing my fun and my FC" and on and on.

There are also apparently salty people who are reporting people for RMT so they can get them banned because they ended up with housing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._to_shirogane/
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-10-10 at 05:23 PM.

I'm surprised more people aren't throwing fits over job potions being unlimited now. I guess that'll get more notice once the REEEE MAH HOUSE ARE TAKENS REEEE bit dies down.

The quests in Uldah once again reaffirm my opinion that in terms of a mainline numbered FF story it is a better experience in the longrun to start in Uldah.

Let this be a lesson to Square Enix.

STOP WITH THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF HOUSING.

Yes it's nice having people next door and whatnot but it's clearly been proven today it's not viable.
    It's not that living next door is not viable, it's the limited number of wards. They just need more wards, which I'm pretty sure they can implement pretty easily if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's not that living next door is not viable, it's the limited number of wards. They just need more wards, which I'm pretty sure they can implement pretty easily if they wanted to.
    If with this patch they added one more subdivision to every existing ward, so 30 extra plots. And applied this to Shiro as well they would have created 1080 plots between the three existing housing districts and 1080 in Shiro.

I mean the sad reality is even with 2160 new plots it would not be enough to supply a massive realm like Balmung. However the new plots combined with the apartments (which would be 4320 unless my math is off) would offer housing to a chunk of Balmung. I mean I personally have zero interest in the apartments since the I'm not going for a personal house I'm going for a FC house.

I remember hearing something about square saying that adding more plots is more daunting than we think, I find it hard to believe... I'm sure it's just a Playstai---- North American server limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    If with this patch they added one more subdivision to every existing ward, so 30 extra plots. And applied this to Shiro as well they would have created 1080 plots between the three existing housing districts and 1080 in Shiro.

I mean the sad reality is even with 2160 new plots it would not be enough to supply a massive realm like Balmung. However the new plots combined with the apartments (which would be 4320 unless my math is off) would offer housing to a chunk of Balmung. I mean I personally have zero interest in the apartments since the I'm not going for a personal house I'm going for a FC house.

I remember hearing something about square saying that adding more plots is more daunting than we think, I find it hard to believe... I'm sure it's just a Playstai---- North American server limitation.
    I'm fairly sure it's a hardware limitation on their end, because there's a lot of data to maintain for all the wards and homes, decorations, etc... That said, it should be a pretty straight forward thing to improve or fix. They are just choosing to leave the situation as it is or choosing not to do anything about it at this time for whatever reason. Not to suggest their reason is silly, I'm just saying I don't know exactly what that reason may be.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards the situation honestly. On one hand I find the relatively low supply aggravating, but on the other I feel like that's a huge reason why it's so popular and relatively prestigious. That said, my FC has a large plot in Mist and I spend most of my housing time there and own an apartment in Lavender Beds that I decorated and then never visited again. I keep it for the cheap teleport and because I have quite a few things in there I don't want to store..so../shrug. I hope to eventually own a home, but am not going to be sad if I never get to, it's more of a cool thing to have than any game changing thing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post

Not sure how you try to insinuate it's something to do with Playstation... considering that's the client. The client doesn't handle anything of this sort.
    The server is the one that handles this. It's insanely easier on the hardware to have only instantiate instances when needed instead of having persistent zones. Because of this, hardware requirement gets incrementally more expensive for every single ward added. It may sound easy to you, but it is not in anyway easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not sure how you try to insinuate it's something to do with Playstation... considering that's the client. The client doesn't handle anything of this sort.
    The server is the one that handles this. It's insanely easier on the hardware to have only instantiate instances when needed instead of having persistent zones. Because of this, hardware requirement gets incrementally more expensive for every single ward added. It may sound easy to you, but it is not in anyway easy.
    Just to point out, you basically said it IS easy...it's just expensive, which is a fair limitation and barrier to doing something, but it is easy in the sense that it's not a technical issue or complicated thing keeping them from doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I'm loving the new "sit anywhere" emote. :O
    They need to do the same for lying down/sleeping (w/o playing dead).

I'm surprised more people aren't throwing fits over job potions being unlimited now. I guess that'll get more notice once the REEEE MAH HOUSE ARE TAKENS REEEE bit dies down.
    I doubt this was accidental. They went and slipped it in hoping it would go unnoticed during the land grab and the subsequent grand reopening of the Forum Salt Mines following that whole Raublock incident.

Although it could well be that, at this point, people just don't really care about them anymore. They've not heralded in an apocalypse of terrible max leveled players that has made any group content "literally impossible" like the nay-sayers claimed and have proven themselves to be relatively benign. Let's face it, it's a symptomn of a larger issue - That leveling secondary jobs up can feel very much like a chore, and it doesn't get any better the more of them you level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Just to point out, you basically said it IS easy...it's just expensive, which is a fair limitation and barrier to doing something, but it is easy in the sense that it's not a technical issue or complicated thing keeping them from doing it.
    You don't just append more hardware and imagine it'll work better. You need verification, testing and of course all potential bugs. The software has to go hand in hand with the hardware, not just one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You don't just append more hardware and imagine it'll work better. You need verification, testing and of course all potential bugs. The software has to go hand in hand with the hardware, not just one or the other.
    I'm not trying to over simplify the issue, I'm aware it's not just plug and play. Just saying that the process is straight forward. It's not some super complex technical issue that they have to work through and figure out how to make work before they can implement. Implementation of anything in a working system requires verification etc... but they know what to do and how to do it. That's all I'm saying.

Never had any issues with job potions. They affect nothing whatsoever.

It was always going to be made unlimited. The boost is starting to become a big commodity in MMORPGS.