chocobo fighting by your side sound cool also looking forward to the Housing system.

Really hoping to get into beta next month so i can give this game a proper go. A lot of the features sound very appealing, especialy housing, can't believe it isn't implemented into the big new MMOs more often.

I played GW2 and i thought it sucked, FFXIV is going to be way better then GW2 in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    FF has done nothing but go downhill in recent days, especially the single player games so I didn't even check FFIV out before this reborn stuff happened. It looks pretty lame, the global cooldown is like a year long, doing quests seems to be you just talk to a guy and teleport to location, kill monsters, collect reward. Where is the adventure in that?

How instance based is the game? Any footage I've seen is really closed up, I don't like that. Is the combat the same as in those challenge missions or w/e they are? Just standing around in a tight area with a boss and people whacking away? Also can you even move around? I'm pretty picky after GW2 combat.

I hate to ask, but I've been looking for the past 6 hours, and all the cpu benchmarks I see for FFXIV are all from 2010. Does anyone know if this game benefits greatly more from multithreading and 5+ cores? Or is it really just 4 cores and single threading; I know the game can delegate processes to multiple cores, but does it help at all?

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 02:48 PM ----------

Well, without trying to spark heated fanboy discussion, what I'm basically asking is FX-8300 vs i5-3570k for FFXIV. Or are they both overkill? If yes, how is the FX-6300?
    Last edited by MPops; 2013-01-15 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo

You should be fine with a FX-6300. When it first launched I only had problems because my computer was old. With new hardware, even the 6970m in my laptop with an I5 handled it no problem.

Thanks! I try not to buy overkill so I can save the money and upgrade in the future.

Nothing major update, but I feel this will be pretty cool to have Day/Night cycles with different Moon phases

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog

I cant wait! wonder if moon phases is going to effect HQ procs

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Nothing major update, but I feel this will be pretty cool to have Day/Night cycles with different Moon phases

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    I cant wait! wonder if moon phases is going to effect HQ procs
    I think they will. If you look at the pictures in that blog I linked, it says:

Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question!

Sounds too much to be just a tease. Moonphases in 1.0 did affect Synthesizes if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I think they will. If you look at the pictures in that blog I linked, it says:

Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question!

Sounds too much to be just a tease. Moonphases in 1.0 did affect Synthesizes if I remember correctly
    It might also just be a throwback joke (it is a good one). Especially in regards to FFXI. IIRC the moonphases/direction/etc. thing for either XI or XIV has simply never been denied or confirmed by SE, so people just took it as truth (just in case) and ran with it...hard.

I may be wrong, though; it's been a while since I read much about it.

If this game turns out to be as good as the hype, this will be the only subscription based MMO I would be willing to pay for. I hate to buy into the hype, but my friends who have actually played it already tell me it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    If this game turns out to be as good as the hype, this will be the only subscription based MMO I would be willing to pay for. I hate to buy into the hype, but my friends who have actually played it already tell me it's great.
    I got the chance to play a bit before they closed the servers. Just the patches leading up to that change were MILES beyond what it launched with. From the videos and notes I can personally tell that the game will be good, how good is still an unknow as we can't really compair an Alpha/beta version of something to a... more pollished game like wow/rift/aion (meh, needed a third to round out the options).

This came up on my news feed http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/171

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

i hope shiva becomes more blueish since thats how most people see her i supose
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

New background music for the city of Limsa Lominsa. Gotta love the music Square Enixs makes for their games, especially Final Fantasy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52g8TPxR9XQ

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i hope shiva becomes more blueish since thats how most people see her i supose
    She will be. The developer's blog image is a work in progress. We've been told on FFXIV forums she will look like her concept art in color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys , i was hoping someone could provide me with this information.
    If i purchase a Final Fantasy XIV box now (a local store is almost giving them away at 5 Euros (something like 6 to 7 dollars) pricetag) will i be able to play "Realm Reborn" ?
    Or will it require a new purchase? Or only past FFXIV users get to have Realm Reborn for "Free"?
    I can't seem to find this info, and i really need to know if i must pick up a box at that small price right now or not .
    I'm a big FF fan (played almost all of em , bar the XIII sequels) and i'd like to know . I couldn't afford the original XIV , the sub mostly but times change and people get jobs so ye, i could see myself playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Hey guys , i was hoping someone could provide me with this information.
    If i purchase a Final Fantasy XIV box now (a local store is almost giving them away at 5 Euros (something like 6 to 7 dollars) pricetag) will i be able to play "Realm Reborn" ?
    Or will it require a new purchase? Or only past FFXIV users get to have Realm Reborn for "Free"?
    I can't seem to find this info, and i really need to know if i must pick up a box at that small price right now or not .
    I'm a big FF fan (played almost all of em , bar the XIII sequels) and i'd like to know . I couldn't afford the original XIV , the sub mostly but times change and people get jobs so ye, i could see myself playing this.
    While I'm not entirely sure, your chances of that copy working should be fairly high. SE has been trying to remove all boxed copies of 1.0 from the market (they bought them back from retailers I think), and unless they have decided to void all 1.0 unused product keys (I haven't seen anything like this, but I guess it's possible), that one should still work.

Anyone who owns FFXIV does not have to re-purchase the game for ARR; they simply download ARR. They also get a 1 month free trial at relaunch.

You could always take the risk and buy it. As I understand it, though, atm you cannot register any product keys on their account management page (https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account), so you might be waiting a bit to see if it works.

You could also open a ticket in the above page (I don't think you need anything special to make an account with SE) and simply ask them if an unused key for 1.0 will still work come ARR.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. http://eu.square-enix.com/en isn't this Square Enix site? at least for EU?