Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    no email here, but the game shows in my ncsoft account, so I guess it`s ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Well, now it shows up in my profile.

I'm good....maybe...
    As i linked above it seems you are not ok without an email. At least not for early access

Mine shows up now even though I got nothing but "Your code is wrong" or "There was an error".. I guess now I have to wait for a stupid e-mail saying I am in early access. Don't know why they're limiting early access.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2013-08-20 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    As i linked above it seems you are not ok without an email. At least not for early access
    Isn't it strange that it would go from nothing showing in my account, to showing the game though? After spamming it with my key?
    Guess I'll look out for an email, or try again in a few hours.

Just a reminder. The website the game needs to show up in is account.square-enix.com. When you login, on the left hand panel, click on CONFIRM SERVICE HISTORY. Then hit Display ("All Services" should already be chosen as the criteria). If you do NOT have anything on the 20th that is for your pre-order registration listed here, then you are not ready for early access!

https://membership.square-enix.com/ is NOT the website that matters, and even though it probably shows up there, with a register date of the 20th, you are still NOT in unless it is on your account management!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Just a reminder. The website the game needs to show up in is account.square-enix.com. When you login, on the left hand panel, click on CONFIRM SERVICE HISTORY. Then hit Display ("All Services" should already be chosen as the criteria). If you do NOT have anything on the 20th that is for your pre-order registration listed here, then you are not ready for early access!

https://membership.square-enix.com/ is NOT the website that matters, and even though it probably shows up there, with a register date of the 20th, you are still NOT in unless it is on your account management!
    Is this true? WTF? Why do they have so many different websites? This is very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder. The website the game needs to show up in is account.square-enix.com. When you login, on the left hand panel, click on CONFIRM SERVICE HISTORY.
    What is the point of the other site then? ><
    The only thing showing up in there is my original FFXIV purchase in 2010. This could not have been set up any worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    account.square-enix.com

Aug. 17, 2013 FINAL FANTASY XIV Registered

What is the point of the other site then? ><
    The only thing showing up in there is my original FFXIV purchase in 2010. This could not have been set up any worse.
    preorder site is to get you codes to enter into your membership account. it's a dumb system but se's got a history of dumb account systems. just thank god we don't have to deal with playonline anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes they have different web sites, not sure Why. Somehow I am registered to both, same email but different usernames. Don`t ask me how...

What am I supposed to do about the pre-order website saying my code is wrong? I contacted support, but by the time they reply back to me it will be too late for early access.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    yes they have different web sites, not sure Why. Somehow I am registered to both, same email but different usernames. Don`t ask me how...
    I believe the reasoning behind it is, one is for social stuff and game rewards. IE when 13 came out that was where you put in the codes that came with that, or right now that's where we redeem our preorder bonus codes. The other is your actual account for their online games, hopefully with more security attached to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is, why would it show that I have FFXIV:ARR registered on the preorder, 'social' site but but not in my account management?

I bought this game back on July 7th. The only code I received at the time was listed under FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package. is this not the code I am supposed to use? If so I've tried it and it's not working. Or am I still waiting for my pre order code? Also on the account.square-enix.com site it says I have FF 14 registered, once in April and once in July, guess both of those were the beta's.
    Last edited by Horkshir; 2013-08-20 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkshir View Post
    I bought this game back on July 7th. The only code I received at the time was listed under FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package. is this not the code I am supposed to use? If so I've tried it and it's not working. Or am I still waiting for my pre order code?
    That's the code I'm trying to use and it tells me my code is incorrect.

FF14 is already registered for me in my account, which makes sense because I already bought it...why would they make you register a pre-order key on top of that?

Early access codes look to be separate from the actual serial codes for the game.
    As well as a separate place to enter you early access code.

This makes sense because after I purchased I was directed to an early access website where I had to enter my email address and it stated that the early access codes will be sent out prior to early access start.

They are probably sending out early access codes in batches over the next few days, I dont really think there is anything to fuss about until maybe Friday and you haven't gotten one yet.

From that Reddit and French Twitter, tranlsated

"The pre-order site is having problems because of excessive load (lots of people), if you are getting an error when inputting your code try again later, thanks for your understanding. If you have not received your code, don't worry the people who send them are not sending them all at once (so basically wait), please have patience."

My question is, why would it show that I have FFXIV:ARR registered on the preorder, 'social' site but but not in my account management?
    The social account and membership accounts aren't linked. Upon successful registration of the 18 digit preorder key on the social site you will receive an email with a 20 digit key to input into you membership account. These will add the bonus's to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    FF14 is already registered for me in my account, which makes sense because I already bought it...why would they make you register a pre-order key on top of that?
    Im not defending SE at all but they have alot of people who played 1.0 and alot of people who have bought ARR.

They could be asking people to register separate early access codes in order to determine what kind of server loads they will be seeing on Saturday and make preparations. So a little bit of hassle up front, could provide a smoother experience on launch day, which would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY website that matters
    http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/

as of 11:20 EST 8/20

On this page, you can perform various actions on FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts.

Code registration currently unavailable.
    Service Name Date Registered
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Sep. 11, 2010

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ is where we suppoed to go.. and thats all messed up..
    Last edited by spaace; 2013-08-20 at 03:34 PM.

So, given it is the 20th can one still purchase the game today and still get into early access?