Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I'm half tempted to be "one of those guys" and leave myself logged in all day.
    Given the frequency with which they seem to be cycling the servers, I don't think that'll help :P
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Just pray servers don't get low population.
    Hence "STARTED with a Realm only Duty Finder".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So apparently you need to be over level 13 to post outside of the tech support forums in the official forums? Because I can post there, but every time I try to post in general, it gives me an error saying I'm not high enough level... That's some fucking bullshit.
    Old news.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-%28Aug.-22%29

Anything I learned from MMO launches, don't play day 1 early release or not.

Just... don't

:P

Nah I'd say forcing but like you mentioned there are other ways to level
    I'm not sure how you would differentiate between encouraging and forcing then...

Wow...those restrictions are downright draconian for a game that's already got the forum restrictions of needing an active account... Square Enix, I'm not impressed and am actually really pissed off by your bullshit at this point. Like...my mind is blown at how restrictive their forums are. Do they even want to have an active forum community? Because that's going to kill all but the hardcore players/posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm not sure how you would differentiate between encouraging and forcing then...
    Incentive. Give something to players(Not necessarily tangable) that will make them WANT TO socialize. I'm not just talking specifically about XIV. Other MMOS have to do something similar to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I'd recommend live chat or even calling as soon as you can tomorrow. E-mail's one of the worst ways to get ahold of SE. It cost me legacy last year. :/
    I googled around looking for live chat for like three hours on Saturday, but I never did find a link for it. Where is it?

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    The underlying cause is about 80% likely to be severe overcrowding causing crashes and bugs to pop up regularly. Now you'd think the natural response would be 'more servers asap'. Instead they basically say 'we're just going to sit here and cap servers rather than addressing the rather glaringly obvious giant gorilla with a plasma rifle in the room'.
    Throwing in more servers is the totally wrong answer to that problem. Since most of those newly open servers will dry up as they always do and then people quit because ghost servers suck.

Incentive. Give something to players(Not necessarily tangable) that will make them WANT TO socialize. I'm not just talking specifically about XIV. Other MMOS have to do something similar to.
    I... what?

You want to be rewarded for interacting with other players? Beyond access to more content and possibly better loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I... what?

You want to be rewarded for interacting with other players? Beyond access to more content and possibly better loot?
    I wasn't talking about dungeons and or raids. I myself don't care if I'm rewarded for socializing but it makes it more likely. I don't think you get it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow...those restrictions are downright draconian for a game that's already got the forum restrictions of needing an active account... Square Enix, I'm not impressed and am actually really pissed off by your bullshit at this point. Like...my mind is blown at how restrictive their forums are. Do they even want to have an active forum community? Because that's going to kill all but the hardcore players/posters.
    idk seems like a good bullshit filter to me

if you can only post a few times a day you're probably more likely to post something useful/important than to bitch about your camp exploit getting nerfed or another class getting buffed or telling yoshi you're gonna punch him and all of his future sons in the testicles for every time he made you cry while playing ffxiv lol

Tomorrow is going to be a complete mess most likely.

I'm half tempted to be "one of those guys" and leave myself logged in all day.
    Unfortunately this is going to be what happens for those who know that it works. I look forward to relaxing and playing when i get home if that means i need to have my wife log on my character 4 hours early just to guarantee a spot, so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Throwing in more servers is the totally wrong answer to that problem. Since most of those newly open servers will dry up as they always do and then people quit because ghost servers suck.
    They should over compensate servers and when they begin to dry up, offer free merges and decommission the dry servers. The market to sell server hardware is constantly booming, they will have no problem unloading the hardware for a decent price. The money they lose are re-selling hardware is small compared to the millions of customers they COULD have had, if they did it right.

This is by far one of the worst MMO launches in history. Creeping up on Warhammer Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They should over compensate servers and when they begin to dry up, offer free merges and decommission the dry servers. The market to sell server hardware is constantly booming, they will have no problem unloading the hardware for a decent price. The money they lose are re-selling hardware is small compared to the millions of customers they COULD have had, if they did it right.

This is by far one of the worst MMO launches in history. Creeping up on Warhammer Online.
    I don't think XIV launched yet.

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I googled around looking for live chat for like three hours on Saturday, but I never did find a link for it. Where is it?
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...hp?id=496&la=1

Click Get Support
    Pick options, short summation of problem, click next twice.
    Click Proceed to Chat support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think XIV launched yet.
    /facepalm . . . . . Paying customers are playing the launch product, and have been for 3 days now. Its launched to a small player base.

"Still Beta" excuse is getting older than "Big Server Load" excuse.

15+ Year Old Account

You must not be aware of many then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must not be aware of many then.
    Besides Age Of Conan and WHO, which was worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides Age Of Conan and WHO, which was worse?
    Guild Wars II didn't even have their own AH at launch for a few days. Sure servers were ok but it's not like it was flawless.

Warrior-Magi