Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Im stuck in a failed Garuda scenario with 75 minutes left, unable to /leave, leave via the party interface, leave via teleporting, leave via returning.. Anyone got any ideas?
    Go into your quest log/duty finder and leave from there.

Deleted
    Holy is the prettiest spell in the game. <3

Also, what's with Black Mages refusing to use Thunder (2/3) in instances? At least Summoners finally learned that just spamming Ruin and not using your DoTs leads to disasters, but gods, y u no thunder black mage? Is it that poor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I find it relaxing.
    Gotta second this....Lets my buddy a clicker play even semi well...Not a bad trait.

I'm playing BLM and, if I for some reason forget use thunder I feel it as personal failure.

Though...there is little point casting it on something that doesnt live very long, but bosses for certain. Thunder should be the one you start with.

1. ThunderIII
    2. FireIII with clear cast so you get three fire stacks immediately.
    3. Spam FireI to proc free instant FireIII until mana is somewhere low.
    4. BlizzardIII to generate mana full in couple seconds. Around here ThunderIII should probably be recast if needed or if there have been no procs for it to instantly deal its entire dot in one hit and refresh it.

So in a way thats my rotation not including cooldowns ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Holy is the prettiest spell in the game. <3

Also, what's with Black Mages refusing to use Thunder (2/3) in instances? At least Summoners finally learned that just spamming Ruin and not using your DoTs leads to disasters, but gods, y u no thunder black mage? Is it that poor?
    I always use Thunder, i actually just got Thunder II , and i'm contemplating removing Thunder I from the Bars, since its essencially the same ability, just more powerful, a half a second longer cast but with an extra 3 seconds on the DoT. Unless i get some passive at some point that makes Thunder I useful, like i saw Pyrosomething at 50 that makes Fire I proc Fire III for free. Also should i dabble in Arcanist to get more Dots? THM --> BLK seems more of a Nuker caster than a Dotter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonberry King hits like a truck xD

Unless someone shows me math or explains it well enough, I'm not adding any extra dots to my rotation. Thunder is fine. Its just a dot going behind all the time. For a single spell cast it does more damage than anything else (i think) single target. Not to mention each dot tick has 5% chance to proc stormclouds (or was it thunderclouds?) that will instant cast thunder and deal all of its dot in single hit and refresh the dot too. Thats rather impressive damage total.

Deleted
    Arcanists don't actually share any of their DoTs. Levelling the class will grant you access to Ruin, Physick, Virus and Eye for an Eye. Only magical DoT I can think of that you can add to your arsenal is Aero from Conjurer.

'course... I suppose Arcanists can have some DoT fun by taking Thunder and Aero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Arcanists don't actually share any of their DoTs. Levelling the class will grant you access to Ruin, Physick, Virus and Eye for an Eye. Only magical DoT I can think of that you can add to your arsenal is Aero from Conjurer.

'course... I suppose Arcanists can have some DoT fun by taking Thunder and Aero.
    Oh , wasn't aware of that. TBH i'm ashamed to admit i dived head first to Thaumaturge without first researching, thinking that would be the DoT-ish / Warlock-esque class, only noticing at a later level that my rotation was starting to look alot like an Arcane Mage. Then i researched, and found out the actual DoT damage class was the Arcanist. I still prefer the Black Mage for the Job over the Summoner , more iconic to me, but i would have really prefered to pick Arcanist first. I guess i'll get around to it eventually since you can be any class on the same character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay. Hard Garuda down, but a BLM weapon dropped but, yay Garuda down!

One of those attrition-ish fight where you fuck up you die.

Which class has most awesome skill effects?

I picked BLM because, I wanted to cast fireballs and explosions. Personally I feel warm inside when I get to cast FireIII because, I like how it explodes. BLM stuff just looks "big"... everything seems to explode...even thunderIII kind of explodes. Explosions! SHAKOOM!

Is it WHM that cast that rainbow "explosion" ? That looks kind of cool too, but thats just one spell.

I dont think I have even noted much of any other class abilities. :I

Its probably how I choose which class I level next.
    Last edited by Morae; 2013-09-07 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Is it WHM that cast that rainbow "explosion" ? That looks kind of cool too, but thats just one spell.
    Yep. It's called Holy and if you spam it people love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    so many Gold sellers right now, exodus chat in cities is filled
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends lists don't actually go through off realm folks does it?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    so many Gold sellers right now, exodus chat in cities is filled
    I know what you mean, I filled my blacklist in the first few days. It's not like gold is hard to earn, and not to mention there is like nothing to spend it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    You can always update your return point to the nearest city if you are worried about dying. There needs to be a death penalty especially since so far (up to level 40) there have been maybe a handful of times Ive come even close to dying and most of those were in fates.

Also you can always nicely ask for a raise in /shout someone will usually come and help you out. When im out question as a MRD i keep rez on my bar to help people out unless they are douchebags about it.

- - - Updated - - -

The GCD is something to consider, especially if you play melee its not so bad as a caster. Some people can't get over it as it can make the game feel very very slow compared to woWs button mashing, watch a video of someone playing a melee and you'll see how it works, you really do "wait" on abilities, but it does give you more time to react I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Don't see it, all I see is 'Synthesize', then I have to hit 'Basic Synthesis' a couple of times for each ingot.
    It's once you hit level 10 in a crafting class...BUT it carries over to all other crafting classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Don't see it, all I see is 'Synthesize', then I have to hit 'Basic Synthesis' a couple of times for each ingot.
    I think I got Quick Synthesis as an option once I had a crafting class to level 10. I think all of your crafting classes can use it once you've unlocked it, though, so it might be worth the effort just to focus on one class until you get it.

Got some questions I haven't found solid answers to:

- Those tin, bronze, etc pieces you can get from quests: they don't have any use but as vendor trash, right?

- What heading are the materia messages for other players contained under? I turned off others' synthesis results in my chat filters, but I'm still getting the materia messages.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    - Those tin, bronze, etc pieces you can get from quests: they don't have any use but as vendor trash, right?
    Correct. For the most part you should take those over gear.

- What heading are the materia messages for other players contained under? I turned off others' synthesis results in my chat filters, but I'm still getting the materia messages.
    Not sure...either Other's Synthesis Messages or Other's Loot Messages maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who weren't aware: Garuda is a motherfucker. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they said when digital sales are coming back up? I was gonna purchase this, but I guess not.