It's currently 1.22. The update to 2.0 won't be until the beginning of next year I believe. I've just started playing it so I can't give you much information, but I'm enjoying myself as a new player and I heard that was virtually impossible when it first released. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Is there a way to still be able to get Legacy status?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the game going to be more accessible? When I played it was very anti-solo and like archaic MMOs before it you eventually were forced into groups to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Is there a way to still be able to get Legacy status?
    All you have to do is pay for 3 months before 2.0 comes out.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

I am personally dissatisfied that they are requiring you pay per character like ffxi. These two games are the only games I have played on where they expect you to pay extra for alts. In other games you get unlimited alts for the same price. In FFXI I had a main and 4 alts so I could churn out chocobo carrots and I made mad money that way but that was mostly because I never played anything else but ffxi and I didn't know other games gave you unlimited alts.

So even if this game rocks the mmo world I am not going to play it because I refuse to go back to paying for each individual alt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am personally dissatisfied that they are requiring you pay per character like ffxi. These two games are the only games I have played on where they expect you to pay extra for alts. In other games you get unlimited alts for the same price. In FFXI I had a main and 4 alts so I could churn out chocobo carrots and I made mad money that way but that was mostly because I never played anything else but ffxi and I didn't know other games gave you unlimited alts.

So even if this game rocks the mmo world I am not going to play it because I refuse to go back to paying for each individual alt.
    That won't matter in 2.0.

12.99 per month will pay for 1 Character per world.
    14.99 per month will pay for 8 Characters per world.

If you pay for 3 Months before 2.0 comes out, you'll be able to pay 9.99 per month for 8 Characters per world for as long as the game is out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    If you pay for 3 Months before 2.0 comes out, you'll be able to pay 9.99 per month for 8 Characters per world for as long as the game is out.
    Also, you get a total of 40 characters. Just limited to 8 per server. From what I understand the subscription prices are reduced right now and I think 3 months is less than $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Also, you get a total of 40 characters. Just limited to 8 per server. From what I understand the subscription prices are reduced right now and I think 3 months is less than $20.
    Currently, they still charge per character. That won't change until 2.0.

Currently the price is 6.99 per month and 3.00 per character. So effectively, it's 9.99 for 1 Character. So it'll be about 30.00 for 3 months if you play only 1 Character.

Whats the point in having more than one character in this game? Isnt it possible to be all classes on one character?

Whats the point in having more than one character in this game? Isnt it possible to be all classes on one character?
    Yes, it is possible. But different Races have different base stats so they'll be able to perform some actions better than others. Not to mention, you might like the look of other races.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I paid for 90 days but I didn't get the Legacy status. My account even says I registered the game in September 2010.

I wonder if its still 90 days before the beta testing starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    I paid for 90 days but I didn't get the Legacy status. My account even says I registered the game in September 2010.
    Did you pay the 90 days just now or previously? It may also take some time for the Legacy Status to be put onto your account. I haven't paid for 3 Months yet, so I'm unsure if you get the Legacy Status right away or not.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done all kinds of research on it and in the end it's as confusing as managing a Square Enix account has always been. In my case it sounds like I am eligible but for whatever reason it takes days to receive the e-mail.

It also sounds like they might remove the "Must Register the Game by May 2012" rule. Even in the e-mail I got from their support regarding the Legacy benefits had no mention of it. The following is the e-mail:
    Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Users with service accounts that have paid for at least 90 cumulative days of subscriptions between January 6, 2012 and the start of version 2.0 beta testing are eligible. Square Enix will automatically notify you if you are eligible and you may also confirm your eligibility by using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Currently there is no official date as to when version 2.0 beta testing will begin.

For more information about the Legacy Campaign please visit http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...gn.html#legacy

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    It would be an extra incentive to try and proactively grab subscribers before 2.0's launch.

I haven't seen it say anywhere that there is a rule that you must register the game by May 2012. Where did you see that?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...126#post727126
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    First and foremost, to help clarify one of the main points of confusion that is popping up:

To be eligible for the Legacy campaign, you must pay for 90 days cumulative between January 6th and the start of version 2.0 beta testing. (As stated in the Legacy Campaign announcement)

Today's announcement was to notify players that the 90-day subscription option will be removed at the end of this month. Since that option may affect how some qualify for Legacy, we listed a few examples in the announcement.

It seems that those may have been unclear, so we prepared a more in-depth FAQ for all.

I have paid for 90 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing; does that mean I qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    Yes. You can confirm your Legacy status using one of three methods:
    We will periodically send out notification emails to those that qualify for the Legacy campaign.
    The Legacy logo will be displayed when logging into the Square Enix Account Management System and visiting the "FINAL FANTASY XIV" service account section found within the "Select Service" menu.
    The Legacy logo will be displayed in the upper left corner of the Character Select screen when logging into the game.
    I've paid for 30 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing, what do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to pay a further 60 days of subscription before the start of the version 2.0 beta test to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I have paid for 60 cumulative days of subscription since the start of billing, what do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to pay a further 30 days of subscription before the start of the version 2.0 beta test to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I played before the start of billing and I am no longer in my 30-day Free Trial period. What do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to register a 90-day subscription option to your account before June 30th, 2012 to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

I started playing in May 2012 and I am currently in my 30-day Free Trial period. What do I need to do to qualify for the Legacy campaign?
    You will need to register a 90-day subscription option to your account before June 30th, 2012 to be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Hopefully this will clear up any questions that you all might have!
    Need to have 90 days (no matter if it was 1 purchase of the 90 day option) purchased by 30 June to be a legacy member.

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to when 2.0 drops is EACH character you have has the option for a full name change and re-customization!
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-06-21 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...126#post727126

Need to have 90 days (no matter if it was 1 purchase of the 90 day option) purchased by 30 June to be a legacy member.

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to when 2.0 drops is EACH character you have has the option for a full name change and re-customization!
    I'm not so sure about the name but it definitely will allow you to recustomise how your character looks, down to changing the race. Male Miqo'te here I come!
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Can anyone recommend me an english speaking server?

In FFXI you took extra characters for extra inventory space (called mules, not alts) and in my case to maximise gardening opportunities for carrots, each character could grow like 12 plants so if you wanted to mass produce you used 4 characters to pump out 48 plants worth of stuff every 6 days. I don't know if inventory space is a problem in FFXIV or not.

Can anyone recommend me an english speaking server?
    Sargatanas has alot of english speaking people both from EU and US and JP players too ofc.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    In FFXI you took extra characters for extra inventory space (called mules, not alts) and in my case to maximise gardening opportunities for carrots, each character could grow like 12 plants so if you wanted to mass produce you used 4 characters to pump out 48 plants worth of stuff every 6 days. I don't know if inventory space is a problem in FFXIV or not.
    Atm we got 200 inventory slots and 2 retainers with 150slots each. In 2.0, I have heard they will be reducing the 200 character slot down to 100, and there will be a mannequin system for the gear you use so that will be in a Tab of its own. There is also a Armorie located at the City Inns, allowing you to store seasonal, special items etc.

So I think Inventory space will be sorted in 2.0. But even for the ones who hoard everything they come across, at least you will now have 8 characters on each server included in the monthly fee xD