1. #12981
    The Patient Boramir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In a Galaxy far... far...
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    where would one go to see patch notes? if any.
    http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffx14-patchnotes-10-15-2013/

    or on these forums I believe there is a post with the patch notes in them.

  2. #12982
    Yay, hit 50 and went to try HM Ifrit with my Paladin.

    I got put on interrupt duty since my gear is just awful. Truly awful.

    Good news is that zero Eruptions went off (even though I mistakenly interrupted a Plume at one point, so I expected him to get interrupt-resistant) and we one-shot it, yay. No sword, though. Boo.

    Doesn't seem so bad. I guess I'll go see what's up in WP or AK later.

  3. #12983
    Over 9000! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yay, hit 50 and went to try HM Ifrit with my Paladin.

    I got put on interrupt duty since my gear is just awful. Truly awful.

    Good news is that zero Eruptions went off (even though I mistakenly interrupted a Plume at one point, so I expected him to get interrupt-resistant) and we one-shot it, yay. No sword, though. Boo.

    Doesn't seem so bad. I guess I'll go see what's up in WP or AK later.
    If you had a Warrior tank it wasn't gear....Paladins are as one person put it "stun bitches" since warriors have a longer CD.

  4. #12984
    Naw, other tank was a Pally too, just way better geared. (Not hard, since my best gear pieces are my AF set, heh) I practically volunteered for stun duty, honestly.

  5. #12985
    Apparently the controversial Dark Devices FATE has been fixed:

    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...rfed_or_bugged

    Guess it wasn't working as intended after all.

    I've taken a break from the game, but still get exposure from watching my brother go at it. It's kinda depressing how many times he's tanked for Ifrit Hard Mode, either main tanking or being the "stun bitch" as Sorrior put it. Many times saving the group from its own ineptitude. He's run it probably 50 times and only seen the Ifrit Blade drop twice, losing both rolls to people that wiped the group because they missed their stun. He almost broke his desk in half when he lost the 2nd drop because the other paladin was a complete tool. Hopefully today's patch will make things better.

  6. #12986
    Apparently the controversial Dark Devices FATE has been fixed:

    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...rfed_or_bugged

    Guess it wasn't working as intended after all.
    In fairness, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Otherwise, everything that had ever been nerfed would be considered an "exploit" beforehand.

    I've taken a break from the game, but still get exposure from watching my brother go at it. It's kinda depressing how many times he's tanked for Ifrit Hard Mode, either main tanking or being the "stun bitch" as Sorrior put it. Many times saving the group from its own ineptitude. He's run it probably 50 times and only seen the Ifrit Blade drop twice, losing both rolls to people that wiped the group because they missed their stun. He almost broke his desk in half when he lost the 2nd drop because the other paladin was a complete tool. Hopefully today's patch will make things better.
    Yeah, that's pugging for ya. It's also why I don't mind being the "stun bitch" (not sure why people say it as if it's a bad thing) because it seems the entire fight is kinda built around those interrupts being done properly.

  7. #12987
    Over 9000! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In fairness, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Otherwise, everything that had ever been nerfed would be considered an "exploit" beforehand.



    Yeah, that's pugging for ya. It's also why I don't mind being the "stun bitch" (not sure why people say it as if it's a bad thing) because it seems the entire fight is kinda built around those interrupts being done properly.
    Well I first heard it being said by a pally....So my guess is that it may have come from tanks mainly paladins who want to MT being forced to stun.

  8. #12988
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, that's pugging for ya. It's also why I don't mind being the "stun bitch" (not sure why people say it as if it's a bad thing)
    Because it's too boring and too important.

  9. #12989
    Because it's too boring and too important.
    Exactly why I don't want to leave it up to some puggie.

  10. #12990
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Exactly why I don't want to leave it up to some puggie.
    That's a failure in design. In a group, mistakes by each member should have individually minor impacts, but adding them together is what causes a wipe. Titan HM is a perfect counterpart to that:
    DPS gets hit by plumes 3 or 4 times throughout the fight, no biggie, but if every single plume gets possibly mroe than 1 person, you're going to wipe.
    Tank can't mitigate a few Mountain Busters spread out from each other, your healers can take it. If he doesn't mitigate a lot of them back to back, he's going to die.
    If Healers make a lot of bad spell choices and end up having to spam to make up for it, they'll pull aggro and there's nothing the tank can do to avoid it.

    All that adds up, but in Ifrit it's one missed stun and half the group dead. That's why no one likes stun duty: It's mind numbingly-simple,which diminishes the rewards, and absolutely essential, which increases the pressure.

  11. #12991
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    All that adds up, but in Ifrit it's one missed stun and half the group dead. That's why no one likes stun duty: It's mind numbingly-simple,which diminishes the rewards, and absolutely essential, which increases the pressure.
    Missing an eruption doesn't equal half the group dead. In the groups I've been in where an eruption is missed, typically only one person is hit and they don't die, usually half or less hp is taken off. Even then the person who got hit by eruption is partially to blame. You shouldn't be standing still at that time, you should be moving out of it just in-case the stunner misses or it gets resisted. Ultimately, imo, I think the reason no one likes stun duty is because it is boring and if you do miss an eruption for whatever reason you get yelled at when you may not be the one to blame.

    The only time missing a stun is bad is when there are multiple eruptions and people get hit by 2 of them, then they are probably dead or close to it.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-10-16 at 01:39 AM.

  12. #12992
    Yeah, "One missed stun = wipe" is a pretty big exaggeration.

  13. #12993
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Missing an eruption doesn't equal half the group dead. In the groups I've been in where an eruption is missed, typically only one person is hit and they don't die, usually half or less hp is taken off. Even then the person who got hit by eruption is partially to blame. You shouldn't be standing still at that time, you should be moving out of it just in-case the stunner misses or it gets resisted. Ultimately, imo, I think the reason no one likes stun duty is because it is boring and if you do miss an eruption for whatever reason you get yelled at when you may not be the one to blame.

    The only time missing a stun is bad is when there are multiple eruptions and people get hit by 2 of them, then they are probably dead or close to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, "One missed stun = wipe" is a pretty big exaggeration.
    I was referring to the one in the last phase, where everyone stacks due to the Plumes that follow.

  14. #12994
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Momoko
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I was referring to the one in the last phase, where everyone stacks due to the Plumes that follow.
    It isn't still. Like me and friend do in pugs, we wait for the eruption before hugging his butt.
    Eruption is annoying to avoid but avoidable nonetheless.

  15. #12995
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I was referring to the one in the last phase, where everyone stacks due to the Plumes that follow.
    That would be the only set of eruption that could *potentially* wipe your group. I've seen more group fails because people don't dodge charges over failed eruption stuns.

  16. #12996
    Hit 50 WAR, going to gear it up a little bit (most likely, going to farm Philosophy tomes and buy Darklight gear before anything else) but I also spent most of today leveling up BLM. It's now ahead of PLD as my 2nd-highest class, at 35. Though PLD isn't far off at 34. Really though, WAR's an OK job until you get to the difficult content. Then its weird/stupid half-tank, half-DPS design starts to be a problem since it's lacking too many tank tools to MT the harder content, and lacks DPS tools to be a real DPS job. But everybody knows at this point that WAR is really stupidly designed.

  17. #12997
    The Patient Boramir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In a Galaxy far... far...
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgarsh View Post
    Then its weird/stupid half-tank, half-DPS design starts to be a problem since it's lacking too many tank tools to MT the harder content, and lacks DPS tools to be a real DPS job. But everybody knows at this point that WAR is really stupidly designed.
    Then you just do not have enough experience with a warrior tank. There are 2 warr tanks in my FC (one also has a better geared PLD) and they both handle all the stuff we throw at them extremely well!!! I'm not trying to call you out, but maybe you're just doing it wrong? Ours, while not the best players, seem to not be having any problems whatsoever.

  18. #12998
    Over 9000! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    Then you just do not have enough experience with a warrior tank. There are 2 warr tanks in my FC (one also has a better geared PLD) and they both handle all the stuff we throw at them extremely well!!! I'm not trying to call you out, but maybe you're just doing it wrong? Ours, while not the best players, seem to not be having any problems whatsoever.
    This right here...However I WILL say there are 2 things about warriors most don't get.

    First we need a healer who knows WTF he's doing....Seriously alot of healers wait too long and if they wait too long too often....Yeah...

    2. You gotta be on the ball.

    For instance I seem to be doing worse lately...I don't know whether worse groups or overgeared players are getting to me but yeah...


    We're a high risk high reward...Are we perfect? No we're not but we are better then most assume.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh also anyone know when the Haloween event starts?

  19. #12999
    Anyone else seeing alot of DC's from people?

  20. #13000
    Over 9000! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Anyone else seeing alot of DC's from people?
    I had a nasty one last night....Not jusy 9k but 5303 as well...Also alot more lag then usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •