Quote Originally Posted by vanhealsing View Post
    I been playing for a couple days now after a bit of a break. I've been experiencing some what of a lag issue. When im out and about in the world, mobs and players just stop and then start again. Like a stutter lag, or rubber banding i guess. You notice it alot in Fates with tons of people. Its like the game freezes for a second and then starts back again.

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I've been playing my other MMO's perfectly fine with no lag... So just Paranoid now.

Thanks
    Yes this usually happens to me on tuesday, I guess servers get crowded on reset or something.

Strange, I've never experienced that, had some video lag/slowness, but that's my machine, not my internet or the game.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I used to have some gnarly packet loss at ARR launch, but it got settled down. Some west coasters I know still eat horrible lag.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamer runs at a constant 60fps for me with minimal lag (honestly, I don't think I've ever seen it lag except if something is about to happen). I've never experienced combat lag in this game except if I'm about to DC for some odd reason. East coast here so that might explain that a bit.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Gamer runs at a constant 60fps for me with minimal lag (honestly, I don't think I've ever seen it lag except if something is about to happen). I've never experienced combat lag in this game except if I'm about to DC for some odd reason. East coast here so that might explain that a bit.
    That's pretty much how FFXIV is for me as well and I'm in the UK playing on a US server.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently having the issue that after several hours of play, I'll suddenly get an fps drop. If I stop moving it'll go away, but then come back once I start moving again and then crash maybe 2-3 seconds later. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Well, what do you expect in a game w/o proper addons? Most people don't even have the tools for theorycrafting so why bother?
    WoWs super competitive and at times hazardously overzealous community came to be because it's so easy to assess the performance of others.
    Stop it, you don't need addons. If you use addons to tell you how to play a game why the hell do you play a game? Is it too hard to adjust on the fly, or are you that bad you need DBM to tell you when a boss is using his moves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Stop it, you don't need addons. If you use addons to tell you how to play a game why the hell do you play a game? Is it too hard to adjust on the fly, or are you that bad you need DBM to tell you when a boss is using his moves?
    Take addons from WoW and see how many guilds clear content

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    A lot should be able to, you don't need them. I've done raids in WoW without healbot and dbm.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't care because they want to do it with an FC not duty finder, and even then, you need experience to even get in, otherwise you're spending days looking for a group with party finder. And all of that for what, on par gear to ST? At this point, wait for turn 3 and then people will start caring again. This is a catch up patch, so there's no real reason for people short on time to waste majority of their time on Coil 2. People still wipe on Primals, that's more sad than the "not many people doing Coil".

- - - Updated - - -

The high up guilds will be able to clear it np. Just that sadly WoW bosses do attempt to over complicate things, FF XIV is just simply dodge this, get in that, ever boss is common sense very few have unique mechanics that require you to actually do something, and even then, the game still tells you about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    They don't care because they want to do it with an FC not duty finder, and even then, you need experience to even get in, otherwise you're spending days looking for a group with party finder. And all of that for what, on par gear to ST? At this point, wait for turn 3 and then people will start caring again. This is a catch up patch, so there's no real reason for people short on time to waste majority of their time on Coil 2. People still wipe on Primals, that's more sad than the "not many people doing Coil".

- - - Updated - - -

The high up guilds will be able to clear it np. Just that sadly WoW bosses do attempt to over complicate things, FF XIV is just simply dodge this, get in that, ever boss is common sense very few have unique mechanics that require you to actually do something, and even then, the game still tells you about it.
    My point to him WAS that mainly only jigher end guilds could.

And agreed but FFXIV also has a newer to mmos group. I hab4 noticed they are starting small and building up. Just give it time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    You should read my post again. Your comment misses the mark... well entirely.

There is 0 way for me to know whether DPS1 is doing his job or semi AFKing.
    There is 0 reason for me to develop mathematical models similar to WoWs simulationcraft, because I neither do I get the raw data I need nor does it even matter.

As such, the community of a game like this won't be as minmax driven and super competitive as WoWs where every random can see when you're slacking and flames you for it.
    I am not saying that this is a bad thing. Merely a different design philosophy that might explain the "apparent lack of skill".

What I REALLY miss is powerAuras / Weak auras to better visualize (or play sounds on) procs.
    Watching for that tiny proc-buff symbol as Whitemage is such a PITA. <_<

Addons are a QoL thing, so you can rearrange the display of information as you desire.
    Having addons or not having addons does not decide whether a boss dies or not, unless the designer relies on them and makes it hard to do without.
    Most Bosses in WoW have spoken emotes and graphical effects that give you all the information you could possibly need.

I very rarely even look at my DBM timers anymore, because I can hear the boss speaking.

Well depending on what you mean by semi-afking, it is actually pretty easy to tell if someone is just auto attacking or actually using their abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read my post again. Your comment misses the mark... well entirely.

There is 0 reason for me to develop mathematical models similar to WoWs simulationcraft, because I neither do I get the raw data I need nor does it even matter.

As such, the community of a game like this won't be as minmax driven and super competitive as WoWs where every random can see when you're slacking and flames you for it.
    I am not saying that this is a bad thing. Merely a different design philosophy that might explain the "apparent lack of skill".

What I REALLY miss is powerAuras / Weak auras to better visualize (or play sounds on) procs.
    Watching for that tiny proc-buff symbol as Whitemage is such a PITA. <_<

Addons are a QoL thing, so you can rearrange the display of information as you desire.
    Having addons or not having addons does not decide whether a boss dies or not, unless the designer relies on them and makes it hard to do without.
    Most Bosses in WoW have spoken emotes and graphical effects that give you all the information you could possibly need.

I very rarely even look at my DBM timers anymore, because I can hear the boss speaking.
    My point is alot of guilds require them and alot of players seem overly dependant on them.

Now I will NEVER say fights cannot be done without them but people have come to use them pretty heavily in lower skill tiers thus making even pretty crappy players perform better.

Can you deny this?

Deleted
    server died for me.. when my character tries to load i just get DC:ed again,,,

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I a bad person if I cheer Steropes on? That swing after a lag spike is so awesome.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Well depending on what you mean by semi-afking, it is actually pretty easy to tell if someone is just auto attacking or actually using their abilities.
    Well if someone puts 1s delays between their casts they lower their DPS considerably. Would not necessarily be visible, because as a healer I have my eyes elsewhere during a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is alot of guilds require them and alot of players seem overly dependant on them.

Now I will NEVER say fights cannot be done without them but people have come to use them pretty heavily in lower skill tiers thus making even pretty crappy players perform better.

Can you deny this?
    Ofc most people perform better when they can rearrange the display of information in a way that they can process it best. Someone can cead moving bars better, the next one wants numeric cooldowns. We all are different. An UI that might be top notch for you, might be torture for me.

As far as FF XIV goes: Debuff highlighting/PowerAuras and proper DoT-Timers are things I dearly miss. I HATE watching for these TINY buff symbols, esp when there are more Arcanists creating debuff duplicates and I have to find the one with light green text. <_<

But I'm going to put up with it, because I like the cuteness of my character a lot. I know I'm a shallow bastard, I admit it.

Me want glasses like that for WoW!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-08-21 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty sure that you could make it not show other peoples debuffs on a target somewhere in the settings menu.

"Character configuration > UI Settings > HUD > Display only detrimental effects you inflict."

Also, the debuffs that are yours should always be the first debuffs. I think when the game first came out they'd show up anywhere, but I believe they fixed it to where your debuffs are always placed first in line. Still could be wrong though.

As for worrying about others DPS as a healer, don't. If the boss dies, people are alive then everyone did their general job. People get so focused on meters that even if everyone lives and the boss dies in record time, there will always be that person telling others their dps sucked or that they need to make it better. That's more so what they want to avoid.

Wanting to play better is a thing, those who do look up fights, their rotations, Look at their own bars and figure out their damage and do their own theorycrafting without the need of addons or extra things. It's those who take the "I want everyone to be as good as me" too far, that the community becomes toxic.

Again, one of my favorite communities ever on an MMO, even if it meant it'd bring more try hards and raiding became more serious, I wouldnt' want to sacrifice the community for it.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-08-21 at 03:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I was pretty sure that you could make it not show other peoples debuffs on a target somewhere in the settings menu.
    Yes there is, its under UI settings -> Hud -> Targets -> Display Target Information -> Display Only Detrimental effects you inflict.

I also agree with everything else you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    "Character configuration > UI Settings > HUD > Display only detrimental effects you inflict."

As for worrying about others DPS as a healer, don't. If the boss dies, people are alive then everyone did their general job.
    Cool thanks, going to check that out once I log in.

As for the second: Generally that is my stance as well and in that case I don't even look at recount (it's always hidden).

However, if the boss doesn't die, recount / World of Logs can be used as a great diagnostic tool.
    Pretty much the only use I have for meters, except the e-peen contest between me and my my shadow colleague, but we never flame.
    If the other is behind we give each other tips on how to improve / also we like to go into new fights with different specs and discuss what worked or didn't work.

I also agree that random overequipped peeps dissing other (under equipped) for not doing over-equipped DPS are the worst kind and I am happy that these are nonexistent in this game.

Fun fact: I just figured out that you can craft via macros and actually put more than one command into a macro. Pure Awesome.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-08-21 at 07:51 PM.