Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Is it everyone with a 1.0 account? I thought it was just Legacy members, plus some invites.
    no anyone with a 1.0 account is invited to try the game now legacy have been pat of beta since phase 1

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Only a 48 hour phase? You mean quicker to get to phase 4? Bring it on! Also can someone confirm if it will be 15.99$ a month (one character included) + 3$ more for each other character every month?
    im pretty sure its not those price points but don't quote me on that the 15.99 i believe gives you 8 characters per realm 12.99 is the basic deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    no anyone with a 1.0 account is invited to try the game now legacy have been pat of beta since phase 1

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:40 PM ----------

im pretty sure its not those price points but don't quote me on that the 15.99 i believe gives you 8 characters per realm 12.99 is the basic deal
    Ah, well I'm hoping I get to make at least 2, as an altoholic I love having a few different races to fiddle around with. If 15.99 allows 8, that wouldn't be too terrible I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Ah, well I'm hoping I get to make at least 2, as an altoholic I love having a few different races to fiddle around with. If 15.99 allows 8, that wouldn't be too terrible I suppose.
    Yeah, there's not too many people who run with a bunch of alts, considering one character can be every class / job / profession at the same time, but you'll have the slots there to mess around with when/if you get bored.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Is it everyone with a 1.0 account? I thought it was just Legacy members, plus some invites.
    To clear it up and eliminate word of mouth, this was their most recent newsletter: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/na/ne..._na/index.html
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Greenmangaming is doing a 25% off ffxiv if anyone want to save a few bucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah we've known about this for a while. They've lifted NDA on almost anything but streaming and video recording. Phase 3 starts on the 14th and everyone who had a 1.0 account should have access to it. Sad part is that it's only 48 hours.
    But the PDF they released said it would last 2-3 weeks, possibly more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed to note that the NDA has been lifted.

WOW this looks amazing! I knew they were redoing the game but I didn't think it would look this good and be out so soon. I ran their benchmark and got "very high" for 1920 x 1080 on maximum so i'm ready to go can't wait to play!

10+ Year Old Account
    Entry level subscription: 12.99 a month for 1 character (per server), with a maximum of 8.

Standard subscription: 14.99 a month for 8 characters (per server), with a maximum of 40.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't read the last few pages ... Any let's play videos yet? P3 is open to ps3 users right? Any country restrictions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Materia View Post
    Entry level subscription: 12.99 a month for 1 character (per server), with a maximum of 8.
    Is that 12.99 dollars, Euro or Pounds?

Gotta say I love the idea of a cheap sub for those that only want one char per server, if I do play FFXIV it'll probably only be super casually, so I like the idea of paying less to play less!

also, now the NDA is lifted, can I get a conformation that being in previous stages of the beta means you're guarenteed access to phase 3? even if you've not recieved an email you can just rock up on the day it goes live? I've heard conflicting things about it and it's buggin me.

also, can't WAIT to see the Let's Players getting their hands on this
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I have a copy of the original game, so i should be eligible for this beta, but where do you download the client?

It's not likely to be a tiny thing that I can download in 30 mins, so I would rather have it ready, but I can't find it anywhere obvious on the website or my account.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, all the videos of coverage and game play that square has done via the developer letters should become the standard of MMO releases. Show me what makes your game different, better, intuitive, and fun. FF14 ARR has sold me on its game play and controls not just pretty graphics. Well played square, well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Gotta say, all the videos of coverage and game play that square has done via the developer letters should become the standard of MMO releases. Show me what makes your game different, better, intuitive, and fun. FF14 ARR has sold me on its game play and controls not just pretty graphics. Well played square, well played.
    Indeed. They knew exactly what they were getting into and handled it amazingly. Taking the game away from its subscribers for the better part of a year to essentially recreate it was incredibly ballsy. Glad to see he made sure it paid off for those who waited and for brand new players alike.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Materia View Post

Standard subscription: 14.99 a month for 8 characters (per server), with a maximum of 40.
    I could barely find a justification, even the smallest one, for half of the sum they are requiring for the monthly subscription.
    This is one of those ideas the people working on FF15 come up with ( like the one, " oh we don't think you need to jump in this game, so we removed that function " )

Gotta say I love the idea of a cheap sub for those that only want one char per server, if I do play FFXIV it'll probably only be super casually, so I like the idea of paying less to play less!
    By $2...

lol

It's a simple marketing scheme. People will look at it and think "it's $2 more and I can get 7 more toon slots!"

So cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    By $2...

lol
    indeed. if it was 8.99 or something like that I could agree with that. But just $2 cheaper...not much of a deal there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    indeed. if it was 8.99 or something like that I could agree with that. But just $2 cheaper...not much of a deal there.
    That's the point, it's to make you impulse buy. The $2 adds up to them but not for the individual.

I'm gonna be cheap and pay the entry fee. I dont need more than one character and in a year that small sum is actually 2 months of game time.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's the point, it's to make you impulse buy. The $2 adds up to them but not for the individual.
    I think it will appeal more to altaholics but for my self, I only need the one slot so $12.99 is ok with me even if it is only 2 bucks less than 8 character slots.