15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I love Midgardsormr he stays on my head even when i /doze in bed
    Yup, my parrot from Sastasha HM stays on my shoulder (since i'm miqo'te) when my character is laying in bed too. Looks a touch awkward if you're female Elezen though. Since the /doze pose for them has them laying on their side. He kind of doesn't sit right lol

wow patch has only been out what 2-3 days and already 99% of the party finders for odin are "veteran only" lol... i will never understand the whole messed up attitude of no you may not learn/try the fight cause you haven't done it yet... especially when the fight JUST came out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanderer's Palace Hard is weird. It's very weird seeing tonberrys as slaves. There's a tonberry with the scholar outfit in there, it's adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    wow patch has only been out what 2-3 days and already 99% of the party finders for odin are "veteran only" lol... i will never understand the whole messed up attitude of no you may not learn/try the fight cause you haven't done it yet... especially when the fight JUST came out...
    Yeah, that mentality is so annoying. Odin isn't a hard fight to learn amusingly. It's just a gigantic gear check and know how to move.

Its annoying but from personal experience making a party with "Learning party" in description will usually still get a lot of bites for up to two months.

Odin honestly isn't hard mechanically, it's just a lot of AoE dodging, which doesn't instantly kill you even. It's VERY heavy on healers and dps though, max gear check as Remilia said.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wanderer's Palace Hard is weird. It's very weird seeing tonberrys as slaves. There's a tonberry with the scholar outfit in there, it's adorable.

Yeah, that mentality is so annoying. Odin isn't a hard fight to learn amusingly. It's just a gigantic gear check and know how to move.
    It's the same tonberry in the scholar questline, he actually tells the player and marauders of limsa lominsa that tonberries were once people with a curse left to die in quarantine by their people, among them there were the nymian scholars. That partcular tonberry scholar you end fighting and then healing during the SCH questline, for a moment you also see his past self as a lalafell, I think, with a nymian fairy.

To be fair I can sort of see where they're coming from. I don't mind being in a group where people are willing to learn but my patience wears thin when they make the same mistake over and over again at the cost of everybody else's repair bills and time. I don't think they should be a wanker over it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell you what, you should go set up a Party Finder Group, "learning the fight, Odin, new comers welcome!", I promise you there will be plenty of people in your situation and the group will be filled in no time. Then you all can go in and learn the fight together, other than being the only new comer yourself and have 7 other veteran carry you.

Once you have got the fight in that group (assuming you guys clear it in the end and didn't disband), kudo to you if you will continue to form groups that says "learning the fight, Odin, new comers welcome!", because most people once they done with the learning stage, they want to do it with people also done with learning already.

People that done it goes with people that done it for good smooth run.
    New players go with new players and they can all learn the fight together from scratch.

I don't see a problem with that really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    It's the same tonberry in the scholar questline, he actually tells the player and marauders of limsa lominsa that tonberries were once people with a curse left to die in quarantine by their people, among them there were the nymian scholars. That partcular tonberry scholar you end fighting and then healing during the SCH questline, for a moment you also see his past self as a lalafell, I think, with a nymian fairy.
    That latter I know, I am a SCH, but I didn't know it was the same tonberry. It's nice to see him have a little camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Tell you what, you should go set up a Party Finder Group, "learning the fight, Odin, new comers welcome!", I promise you there will be plenty of people in your situation and the group will be filled in no time. Then you all can go in and learn the fight together, other than being the only new comer yourself and have 7 other veteran carry you.

Once you have got the fight in that group (assuming you guys clear it in the end and didn't disband), kudo to you if you will continue to form groups that says "learning the fight, Odin, new comers welcome!", because most people once they done with the learning stage, they want to do it with people also done with learning already.

New players go with new players and they can all learn the fight together from scratch.

your response is suitable IF it wasn't a fight that JUST came out, wasn't a fight that is beyond ez. the hardest part for this fight was just getting into a group for it because apparently you must be a nolifer and have cleared it 100+ times within the first 3 days to get into a group. if it wasn't for it being within the first 3 days i could turn the otherway like i always do like for titan ex, but at the same time this mentality is flawed and creates the invisible barrier in late game where new players can't proceed cause nobody wants to give them a chance, which ruins the game for them and in turn starts lowering subs and hurts the game we all love and enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To be fair I can sort of see where they're coming from. I don't mind being in a group where people are willing to learn but my patience wears thin when they make the same mistake over and over again at the cost of everybody else's repair bills and time. I don't think they should be a wanker over it though.
    i see this point, i have a problem with not giving them a chance, not replacing someone who can't understand that if you see red gtfo of it, or for that fact not to tunnel the boss (thats the issue i kept running into with PF last night when i made the first comment i kept having partys falling apart cause there was always either one healer not knowing to avoid bad and manage mp (or just refuse to ever cast esuna) or cause a few dd figured that they could tunnel boss and leave the lances to just a bard and a mage and not have to avoid)
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2015-01-23 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did a dungeon finder and one shotted it though honestly. >.>
    I said first time here, and people there were "dodge everything and blow him up at the last part". It pretty much was just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I love Midgardsormr he stays on my head even when i /doze in bed
    ROFl i dunno if i could sleep with a figure of a tonberry with a knife right at my bed side facing me, especially after that cutscene after wanderers palace (hard).

You know what I'd love to see in FFXIV? Memoria from FF9. I think that'd make for a pretty cool 'Crystal Tower' type raid.

When I have a fight down I never even bother to setup a farm party in PF because I just know the chances of actually being able to farm is pretty much 0%. Unfortunately most of the people who form these "farm" groups in PF are new themselves and just want to get carried. I may just have small sample size but regardless, I've never been in a farm group where the leader actually knew wtf he/she was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    When I have a fight down I never even bother to setup a farm party in PF because I just know the chances of actually being able to farm is pretty much 0%. Unfortunately most of the people who form these "farm" groups in PF are new themselves and just want to get carried. I may just have small sample size but regardless, I've never been in a farm group where the leader actually knew wtf he/she was doing.
    i atest to this. joined a "farm" party for shiva. first try didnt pass adds cause tank killed raid from the sword stun. 2nd try pass adds, tank stand in wrong place kills raid members from the staff thingie. 3rd try tank kills raid by not making shiva face raid when in sword. "farm" party indeed (considering it was the tank's party)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've had more success in dungeon finder parties for Shiva than I had with a normal party finder.
    Wasn't the case for Turn 5 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    your response is suitable IF it wasn't a fight that JUST came out, wasn't a fight that is beyond ez. the hardest part for this fight was just getting into a group for it because apparently you must be a nolifer and have cleared it 100+ times within the first 3 days to get into a group.
    Actually it makes more sense because it is a fight that JUST came out.

Surely there must be LOTS of people that hasn't clear this yet? So if you set up a PF for learning the fight, there should be LOTS of people in the same boat, and you can all learn together.

Happy days.

Actually it makes more sense because it is a fight that JUST came out.

Surely there must be LOTS of people that hasn't clear this yet? So if you set up a PF for learning the fight, there should be LOTS of people in the same boat, and you can all learn together.

Happy days.
    wow just completely avoid the discussion at hand and stay hung up on start your own pf thing, maybe i don't wanna lead a group, if i wanted that i would have done it in the first place. 9/10 times people don't wanna join a group if the leader hasn't done the fight yet. all your attitude shows is that your one of the no-lifer elitist who just cares to go in and get out with your lootz, don't want to take the time to communicate if there is some one new.

Please let's don't turn this into the WoW General Discussion with unneeded insults and name calling. You two have a difference of opinion; let's just leave it at that and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow just completely avoid the discussion at hand and stay hung up on start your own pf thing, maybe i don't wanna lead a group, if i wanted that i would have done it in the first place. 9/10 times people don't wanna join a group if the leader hasn't done the fight yet. all your attitude shows is that your one of the no-lifer elitist who just cares to go in and get out with your lootz, don't want to take the time to communicate if there is some one new.
    Oh please, just do it in duty finder. It's not hard. I find it honestly hilarious that you expect people who want a clean and quick farm party to carry newcomers through fights.