10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'll likely force myself to level MIN next - I really need to increase my gil if I want to get a house...
    Been trying to force myself to level-up MIN for a while now.. getting there.. slowly tho. At this rate, I'll probably have my MIN 60 in 4 years.

Oh well.. 100 leve-allowances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would also recommend buying the gathering exp boost from GC. They are finally stackable so grab a few before heading out to level.

Thanks for the tips! I managed to get from 23-25. It was very, very dull (and not nearly as engaging as fishing) but I'll force myself to continue since I really want a house.

Deleted
    Think I have decided to main Warrior. I like the look and the effects, I enjoyed tanking in WoW so looking forward to it here although bit scared as stuff is more punishing in FFXIV.

Wish MCH animations were better, most of the shots as basic but going to leave that at 55 and get War from 52-60 first.

So is it worth doing the AAR relic quest at all? I considered doing it after I hit 60.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard rumours about it giving an advantage in the level 60 relic quest if you've completed the level 50 relic, but nothing solid, and probably not worth it at this point.

You could still do it for vanity's sake, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I heard rumours about it giving an advantage in the level 60 relic quest if you've completed the level 50 relic, but nothing solid, and probably not worth it at this point.

You could still do it for vanity's sake, though.
    I though about it. In my times where I am 60 and already finished with raids for the week I though about just going back and doing it for the hell of it. Now that it isn't really needed I can take my time with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Experienced the "Tension" weather effect for the first time this weekend. Have to say it is my favorite so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. many.. dungeons.. uuuh.

Spamming same dungeons over, and over and over.. just to level up, nooo. And the end isn't even close.

SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED! ..YOU DISGUST ME!

And best of it, none of the bosses drop items for me.

What do I need to go astrologian? I'm currently lvl 48 as SMN/SCH

So, exactly four weeks after starting the game, I have just completed the last of the 2.55 quests and am now able to enjoy the expansion. Hurrah!

So a quick question - should I pick up and do all the quests I come across on the way, or concentrate solely on the MSQ again, doing other quests when I become locked off from story progression? Currently level 52 with a whole bar of rested xp upon entering Ishgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So, having played all three tank classes to 51+ now, it occurs to me that the issues with DRK seem to stem from the fact that the class already existed pre-Heavensward and was called Warrior.
    Eh, it feels more like 2.0 PLD to me. You use your Power Slash combo ocassionally, but most of the time you'll be spamming soul eater combo. You also have access to on-demand cds, nothing to really build up (like wrath for IB). I'm actually disappointed in the "mp management" thing. It's not really existent because of how much you'll be spamming soul eater combo anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So is it worth doing the AAR relic quest at all? I considered doing it after I hit 60.
    Glamour if you like the weapon skin.

While there is talk of being able to get a small head start on the next relic if you've finished the Zeta stage of the ARR relic, I'm also fairly certain that the head start will be for those that completed their Zeta relic before 3.0 hit. Anyone completing it afterward won't be getting a head start as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralheart View Post
    So, exactly four weeks after starting the game, I have just completed the last of the 2.55 quests and am now able to enjoy the expansion. Hurrah!

So a quick question - should I pick up and do all the quests I come across on the way, or concentrate solely on the MSQ again, doing other quests when I become locked off from story progression? Currently level 52 with a whole bar of rested xp upon entering Ishgard.
    Do everything. The XP curve is pretty steep in the last few levels, so you may need every bit of xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always hit North Thanalan for a while and fall asleep that way.
    9 more Vaults and I'll get 59, yay!

And no, keep that NT away from me! Grinding from 40-50 is enough of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralheart View Post

I found it best to progress the main story only first, until you unlock the side quests you need to unlock flying in the zone, do those quests, go around and get all the Aether Currents, then proceed to go through all the side quests. You will get level locked if you do not do side quests, but they are a lot less tedious if you unlock flying first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I started mine again and to be frank it's quite easy now. I'm plowing through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering is kind of odd in Gil. It's of course, the most self sufficient and the expense after gear is repair bill. Revenue is low but since expense is low the profit is decent. Main issue however is time. Revenue over time is low but you're never really risking anything so it's a low risk low reward kind of thing.
    Crafting (food especially) is really lucrative still in it's own rights but the expense is rather high.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just picked up the game + expansion today (it's downloading). I have my sights set on the Astrologian and Machinist. Since those classes don't have job requirements (right?) what would you say are the best classes to level up with? Did you find some classes to be unbearable to level with vs others? Some faster/smooth/better skills to level with? Healer vs dps?

Just curious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Glamour if you like the weapon skin.

While there is talk of being able to get a small head start on the next relic if you've finished the Zeta stage of the ARR relic, I'm also fairly certain that the head start will be for those that completed their Zeta relic before 3.0 hit. Anyone completing it afterward won't be getting a head start as far as I know.
    Yoshi p never did clarify that though

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but once you get set up in crafting, it can be so wildly efficient. It's the initial leveling/setup that is really costly. But I suppose that's a good thing, keeps the market lucrative!

Edit: Oh god I just saw that DRK gets a leap/charge ability later. I just can't even, my brain keeps saying to dump it for WAR but my heart says, "It's so awesome, stick with it!"
    Lol I had the exact same thing...Not gonna lie kinda wish I had gone WAR for MSQ and first 60 I mean I enjoy drk but feels kinda lackluster...I actually hope they do a 2.1 style makeover like they did for WAR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I just picked up the game + expansion today (it's downloading). I have my sights set on the Astrologian and Machinist. Since those classes don't have job requirements (right?) what would you say are the best classes to level up with? Did you find some classes to be unbearable to level with vs others? Some faster/smooth/better skills to level with? Healer vs dps?

Just curious
    If you want to main astrologian go Conjurer aka WHM or arcanist I believe it is...I think they cross class with astro but will check in a minute

Will give you healing practice and the arcanist is both a dps and a healer job wise(you get two jobs(