Heh. I actually think I might make the permanent switch from DRG to PLD. It feels good getting near instant queues and being the one in charge of keeping bosses under control.

Not sure how well I'll do with the more difficult content but I'd like to think I'll be able to work my way up to dealing with the more complex encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    So I've found a list on the shit that I've to do to get acces to heavensward. And it's really demotivating to say the least. I get that the game is story driven but daaaamn that's a lot of crap you need to do. About to unlock the fourth trial.
    :
    Lol you sound exactly like me 3 weeks ago. It seriously gets better. So does the story.

... but there are some places I'd never willingly go back to - Thornmarch, for one. Hated that so much.

I think pretty much every raid, dungeon and trial is worth doing at least once. Some are definitely more problematic than others in a random group though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Heh. I actually think I might make the permanent switch from DRG to PLD. It feels good getting near instant queues and being the one in charge of keeping bosses under control.

Not sure how well I'll do with the more difficult content but I'd like to think I'll be able to work my way up to dealing with the more complex encounters.
    My plan is gearing up a tank only for queue bypassing purposes. I can get the tomes on him and use on my Bard! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think pretty much every raid, dungeon and trial is worth doing at least once. Some are definitely more problematic than others in a random group though.
    *cough*Bismarck*cough*
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    *cough*Bismarck*cough*
    It's a pretty fun fight - though definitely a tight DPS check. For some reason I find DPS checks seem to be more problematic for a random group than complex mechanics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think a break is in order. Kind of burned myself on the 50-60 grind and I've been doing the low level/trial/main scenario queues every single day. Also think I made a mistake going NIN. Love the complexity of the class but I guess I have a shitty internet connection or something. Mudras are too frustrating. They'll work flawlessly in one dungeon but then in the next there will be enough of a 'lag delay' to throw me off and give me a bunny hat. Which kills my DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Think a break is in order. Kind of burned myself on the 50-60 grind and I've been doing the low level/trial/main scenario queues every single day. Also think I made a mistake going NIN. Love the complexity of the class but I guess I have a shitty internet connection or something. Mudras are too frustrating. They'll work flawlessly in one dungeon but then in the next there will be enough of a 'lag delay' to throw me off and give me a bunny hat. Which kills my DPS.
    Are you using a VPN? I finally gave in and downloaded WTFast, I don't have 2-8 sec delays anymore, unless WTFast specifically says that there's a connection issue. When that happens, I just restart WTFast and the game and it's usually okay.

Try a VPN and see if it helps.

Had my first really shitty experience in a group last night. Was running the dungeon for the MSQ right after you hit 60. I had just switched to SMN because the group I will be doing end-game stuff with has another SCH now that came back. I kinda know what I am doing on SMN but not really, so I said at the start of the dungeon, "Just switched to SMN, still figuring it out a bit and first time in this dungeon. Things are going ok, after first boss tank says "Lathais, wake up." Then, "Come on man." Meanwhile, he's just standing there, then I got kicked. Logged out for the night after that.

Up until now, never had any issues of this type. I had been SCH up until recently though, and usually got at least one commendation per run. Then all the sudden this. WTF? Is it because max level people? If people at end-game are just like those in every other game, well, I guess I still have my static group, though they were busy last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Aw, but....bunny hat!!!
    It was cute the first 100 times! Now all I can see is a demon. In the form of a bunny. On my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Are you using a VPN?
    Yeah I've been using WTFast. Is there a way to restart WTFast without also restarting FFXIV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Had my first really shitty experience in a group last night. Was running the dungeon for the MSQ right after you hit 60. I had just switched to SMN because the group I will be doing end-game stuff with has another SCH now that came back. I kinda know what I am doing on SMN but not really, so I said at the start of the dungeon, "Just switched to SMN, still figuring it out a bit and first time in this dungeon. Things are going ok, after first boss tank says "Lathais, wake up." Then, "Come on man." Meanwhile, he's just standing there, then I got kicked. Logged out for the night after that.

Up until now, never had any issues of this type. I had been SCH up until recently though, and usually got at least one commendation per run. Then all the sudden this. WTF? Is it because max level people? If people at end-game are just like those in every other game, well, I guess I still have my static group, though they were busy last night.
    I've barely had that really. Then again I'm the one that usually tells other to shut the fuck up if they don't know what they're talking about. It's not that odd to find some very bleehh people though. Usually though it's in more high strung contents like raid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What is The Vault?
    Amusingly it's called 強硬突入イシュガルド教皇庁 "Unyielding Break In - Ishgard Holy See" in Japanese (something like that). :P
    So confused what people were talking about...
    Yeah I've been using WTFast. Is there a way to restart WTFast without also restarting FFXIV?
    Nope, that's the nature of VPNs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Had my first really shitty experience in a group last night.
    Sorry to hear. It's no fun to play with jerks but sadly, in my experience anyway, it's gaining momentum. Maybe with the surge of players coming in with the expansion? Either way I've had dozens of bad groups. Especially in the new Heavensward dungeons. Tanks chain pull and don't give you a second to ask about boss mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing relatively slow in comparison to how I started the first few months of Heavensward. I'm actually leveling a second job which is bizarre for me! Probably cause I like SCH too much.

Also why does SMN have a MP bar, seems so unnecessary, hah.... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Also why does SMN have a MP bar, seems so unnecessary, hah.... >.>
    Heh, even my SCH doesn't notice her MP bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear. It's no fun to play with jerks but sadly, in my experience anyway, it's gaining momentum. Maybe with the surge of players coming in with the expansion? Either way I've had dozens of bad groups. Especially in the new Heavensward dungeons. Tanks chain pull and don't give you a second to ask about boss mechanics.
    Yeah, I hate those. I queue with my friend though (who happens to be a tank) so we kind of control the momentum of that. If someone says they're new we tend to help out, but yeah there are those like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta go fast mindset sucks .
    Especially when it gets you killed making it even slower!

Also gotta go fast mindset with no good AOE dps is really slow... especially when you can have your healer doing nothing do DPS, all hail the fairy.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-07-14 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noob question, where do I get quests for hunting A/B/S mobs? I've read that sub - 60 characters have killed it, so is it not a lvl 60 only thing?

PS - I just read that English voice acting is better this time around, is that true? The moment I discovered I could switch to Japanese, I did immediately when I was still doing ARR because UGH. Haurchefant and Aymeric sound so much better in Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to transfer to a JP server? I'm considering doing that. I've already made the decision to set my game language to JP so it seems like the next step

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Noob question, where do I get quests for hunting A/B/S mobs? I've read that sub - 60 characters have killed it, so is it not a lvl 60 only thing?

PS - I just read that English voice acting is better this time around, is that true? The moment I discovered I could switch to Japanese, I did immediately when I was still doing ARR because UGH. Haurchefant and Aymeric sound so much better in Japanese.
    You can get them at the quest giver in Ishgard. Then you proceed to the hunt board. B rank is level 60. Then the three tiers of normal mob hunts are like... 52, 55, 58? I think...? You can kill them sub 60 if you want sure, but if you've never got one to 60 you won't get the mob hunt quest.
    S and A you don't get quest, you go with the horde of impatient people.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to transfer to a JP server? I'm considering doing that. I've already made the decision to set my game language to JP so it seems like the next step
    Should be possible?
    I've changed to JP client like... a year ago though. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    So, I started playing 6 days ago, and I am 45 now. What do I want to do while lvling other than following the main quest storyline?
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gu...Locked_Content
    Good guide for unlockables.
    If you haven't already, I'd suggest unlocking challenge logs in particular.