Quote Originally Posted by fletch101 View Post
    OK. I had two on an archer that were longer than Heavy Shot, Straight Shot, or the Poison Dot. One was the execute type thing that was under 25% enemy health only, and then there was another single target attack that had a cooldown. I take it those are not classified as weapon skills? Thanks.
    i believe you are right but i have not played archer in this phase

So whats up with all the loading screens?
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    So whats up with all the loading screens?
    I could be wrong, but I think they're necessary because of the PS3 structure.

Makes me wonder about PS4 version. Theoretically they could design REALLY big zones on the PS4, but as the game is also on the PS3...

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    thanks a lot, but what's the incentive to have more than one character in FFXIV? As i can learn everything on one char and even get drops for classes I'm not currently playing. I don't see the appeal of standard over entry
    only storage and cosmetics, otherwise there is none

Deleted
    I dont like the fact that you have to load inbetween zones and there is so many times you just have to load. Thats really putting me off it. One of the main reasons I have loved WoW for so long is because you get more time playing the game and less time loading. Its great. Also the combat seems a little nitchy. I wanna be wrong about it but I have had a bad taste in my mouth as far as Final Fantasy has been concerned since FFX-2, that game ruined the whole franchise for me. In saying that it would be nice to have an MMORPG That can actually compete with WoW in interest. I got bored of WoW 4 years ago but nothing has peaked my interest since.

Yea the loading thing definitely is a bummer, I mean occasionally fine, but 4-5x in one city alone?
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Yea the loading thing definitely is a bummer, I mean occasionally fine, but 4-5x in one city alone?
    I honestly didn't notice it since it didn't seem to load long on my pc. But seeing your comment made me think about it and i can agree there is a lot of load screens. I think they did it because people will be in cities more (as any game) during end game shouting whatever. And having to load 2k people lagging you to death trying to find the AH or mail box is more anoying to me then a load screen.I'm sure SE has their reasons. Keep in mind the outside world isn't as cut up. So ps3 can clearly handle it.

That aside.

I'm REALLY liking how you need to be on the (Main story) quest to access x dungeon and it's lvl capped (no carrying or running). Yeah "forcing" people to do this or that always sounds shitty when you first look at it. But it makes people be out in the world more, and of course with more of us out there, the FATE's will be that much better. I personally hated the LFG (from WoW ) tool because it made almost everyone lazy and demand more. In my personal definition there is a fine line between casual and "lazy".

I noticed that the main story seemed to open more side quests to the area it point's you to next. I was at camp dry bone doing my 3 leves, there was nothing else here. Back to Ul'dah to turn in story quest, sends me back to camp dry bone. There is 3 side quests here now along with a Q-chain that's at the church with the grave yard.

Deleted
    Every major city is divided into 2 parts (Limsa upper/lower decks, Uldah Nald und Thal districts, Gridania new and old district) that in itself wouldn't be that annoying...Problem is you have to switch between them very often. On PC it's not really a problem, but perhaps the loading time is significantly higher on PS3 ( I never understood the ME 1 elevator joke until I read how long they took on console )

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Every major city is divided into 2 parts (Limsa upper/lower decks, Uldah Nald und Thal districts, Gridania new and old district) that in itself wouldn't be that annoying...Problem is you have to switch between them very often. On PC it's not really a problem, but perhaps the loading time is significantly higher on PS3 ( I never understood the ME 1 elevator joke until I read how long they took on console )
    Takes a while on the PC too. Can take me over a minute. Kinda wish they made it one seamless city. Some of it may be optimization and the amount of people, but still hope it's better at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The load time is very fast on my pc, I don't even notice it honestly. I haven't had any experience with the PS version, I can see that being a pain in the arse though, there are a lot of times you need to go between zones. For PC users maybe try lowering the settings a bit? It is just beta, so hopefully they will address the issues before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    The load time is very fast on my pc, I don't even notice it honestly. I haven't had any experience with the PS version, I can see that being a pain in the arse though, there are a lot of times you need to go between zones. For PC users maybe try lowering the settings a bit? It is just beta, so hopefully they will address the issues before launch.
    By the time the name of the new zone is fully displayed on my screen, the black faded and the loading was done. Couple seconds and I don't have an awesome rig by any stretch of the imagination. If the small loading times are the biggest complaint we've seen about the game, I'd say its a good sign.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Takes a while on the PC too. Can take me over a minute. Kinda wish they made it one seamless city. Some of it may be optimization and the amount of people, but still hope it's better at launch.
    Its strange, its no more than 10-15s for me when I ported to the city's teleport stone. One of my friend complain "no seamless map transition = no play", but i personally dont mind. Its not like it have big impact or anything. Major city divided into separate parts is annoying though :\

Is beta client the full game or only part of it? 5GB is a bit small for an MMO. If its full game already I will put it on my SSD to shave off load time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I just read this. Over a minute?! That's just not even believable. If my 8G ddr3 from 3-4 years ago is loading those city transitions in <5s, there's no way it's taking anything short of a potato an entire minute. Maybe I'm reading that wrong.

When are they adding the new job like summoner? Shouldnt it already be in? Tried searching but cant find any info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    When are they adding the new job like summoner? Shouldnt it already be in? Tried searching but cant find any info.
    You didn't search very hard<3. The new class Arcanist and its two job advancements Summoner and Scholar will be out at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I just read this. Over a minute?! That's just not even believable. If my 8G ddr3 from 3-4 years ago is loading those city transitions in <5s, there's no way it's taking anything short of a potato an entire minute. Maybe I'm reading that wrong.
    Don't overreact. It did take over a minute pretty often, I know because I timed it. Settings might have been too high tho. Even so, my computer isn't really made for gaming. I used to only use it for school, but I may start making adjustments to it now, though I have to look into how.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Its strange, its no more than 10-15s for me when I ported to the city's teleport stone. One of my friend complain "no seamless map transition = no play", but i personally dont mind. Its not like it have big impact or anything. Major city divided into separate parts is annoying though :\

Is beta client the full game or only part of it? 5GB is a bit small for an MMO. If its full game already I will put it on my SSD to shave off load time.
    Oddly enough, I did find the teleport stones faster than walking directly into the zone.

Limsa Lominsa did load a bit faster than Gridania tho. Might be the amount of players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post

It's most certainly not. Aside from being too small for that, If you push the whole client theres always the risk of things being datamined you don't want datamined.

I think an ssd can be a pretty big help with those loading times. I know in Eve online some people get a ssd just because it is really noticable on the loadscreens...maybe thats why some experience next to none while others wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I think an ssd can be a pretty big help with those loading times. I know in Eve online some people get a ssd just because it is really noticable on the loadscreens...maybe thats why some experience next to none while others wait longer.
    I bought my SSD specifically for BF3 (vehicles work by first come first served basics). Most games dont requires an SSD though. If FFIX is less than 20GB I might consider putting it on SSD with its loads of loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    You didn't search very hard<3. The new class Arcanist and its two job advancements Summoner and Scholar will be out at release.
    so they are adding a new class with no testing? makes sense....