Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Well you COULD get the AESTHETIC layout you are looking for, but it would take most of your horizontal bars. Stack three hotbars on top of eachother. Correctly keybind (mousebind) the first four buttons on each hotbar. Use the option to make unused hotbar spots invisible, and then only use the first four slots on each hotbar.

Impractical, and you would have to keep moving new skills off of hotbar1, but just trying to offer another way around the 3x4 bar you are never likely to get.
    That is a good suggestion though. i think i could do it with 4 bars and rebind the keys. that gives me 3 sets of 3x4 verticle bars. being able to see it visually really makes a huge difference in getting fast at reacting to different situations.

THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    That is a good suggestion though. [...] THANKS!!!
    Sure. Just make sure you mouse is not borrowing keys from the numberpad. There are some important (to me) things bound to the number pad that I wouldn't want to lose. Such as NumPad0 being like X on a controller. I use NumPad0 to accelerate accepting and turning in daily quests. Stand in front of the NPC and mash it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    A4S is still standing a month later. What did they tune the fight for? Full eso gear?
    T13 was designed for higher level of gear considering stuff just hits hard, its actually an easy fight, much easier then T7 prenerf and T9 however people bought crafted gear and melded the crap out of it.
    The difference here is that there is no crafted gear to meld into, they wanted to make sure that content clearing was slowed down and resulted in inflation of numbers rather then mechanics so there are hp requirements.

Also they are designing more and more fights to benefit from echo, T9 just does not benefit from echo much at all yet the fight has a much tighter check compared to T13 at the time but when echo was released with T13, it made a huge difference.

Sadly this playerbase just isnt good enough for high end mechanics but also SE wants to gate people long as they can.

Sure. Just make sure you mouse is not borrowing keys from the numberpad. There are some important (to me) things bound to the number pad that I wouldn't want to lose. Such as NumPad0 being like X on a controller. I use NumPad0 to accelerate accepting and turning in daily quests. Stand in front of the NPC and mash it.
    is the numpad0 bound normally by default to do that?

the nice thing about the mouse keypad is its by default the 1 thru [+=] keys so numpad is safe from it.

Sadly this playerbase just isnt good enough for high end mechanics but also SE wants to gate people long as they can.
    That's quite a statement.....

Personally I just think they tuned the content to be pretty much impossible without meeting strict minimum numbers requirements (DPS, Health, Healing, Mana, etc...) which is gated by gear. Higher skill can lower that minimum requirement to a point, but eventually groups are just going to hit a wall until their DPS is X, or their healers have enough mana for the whole fight, or their tanks have enough health, or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's quite a statement.....

Personally I just think they tuned the content to be pretty much impossible without meeting strict minimum numbers requirements (DPS, Health, Healing, Mana, etc...) which is gated by gear. Higher skill can lower that minimum requirement to a point, but eventually groups are just going to hit a wall until their DPS is X, or their healers have enough mana for the whole fight, or their tanks have enough health, or whatever.
    The failure rate is very high and the game is not that hard, gear was not much of a check prior to T13, not to mention DPS checks were not hard to meet just people really did not care.

There was a post on reddit where someone polled through lodestone the minion that you get from clearing T13 since this actually flags for the clear, the best server was a JP one with a server doing like 13%, my server was like 5%.

Granted its more of an estimate and those numbers include people who bought clears and some groups claim they have sold runs to like 200 people alone on my server alone, thats pretty jarring, selling clears on wow is no stranger but these types of numbers are insane by comparison.

Also the amount of peoples UI I have gone through, I should add I am my groups raid leader (funny that I also have been raid leader to my last 2 wow raiding guilds...), have been shockingly bad - been able to improve performance of these people by like 20% at the least from the current numbers.

The content is actually quite easy, saying people just wait until their DPS reaches X is exactly what I am also getting at, the numbers are low across the board and people just suck for the most part, I happily run ACT to check on peoples numbers and its depressing for any run and these people are not under geared by any means.

Its very rare to find some one doing decent for the gear they are in especially, people just do not care enough about their performance as I have met a number of bards that willingly refuse to use wanders minuet for example, if thats not bad then I dont know what is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you know when it gets bad when someone actually makes a official post

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/253417-Something-need-to-be-done-about-BAD-DPS.

Ya honestly, little UI and customization details are the stuff that annoys me. (some im sure i just haven't found out how to change it yet)

like why can't i just turn off the UI noises. i dont need the sprite sound ever time i open the map or inventory or character page.

I also rock a 12 button mouse and would like the ability to rearrange the button layout to a 3x4 instead of a 1x12 bar.

i am excited to keep playing, i got an archer to lvl 12, and i started an arcanist just to try it out and see a different part of the map got him to 9. so i am thinking i will try a melee tonight, just to get a feel for the different play styles. Then i will pick one to main and probably delete the rest.
    You can always turn the sound down on the UI noises..lol as for the 1x12 bar..that's literally how every mmo does its action bar layouts, unless you use a controller.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't think I've SEEN many "high-end mechanics" in this game to begin with.
    Yeah maybe this is heresy of me to say, especially since I've not been in highest level content, but the mechanics of the dungeons and even just killing mobs in general feels more static than any MMO I've ever played. I do not play FFXIV to feel challenged by a rotation or encounters. That doesn't mean it isn't fun, but I've thought to myself on several occasions while leveling and running dungeons that the combat is as simple as it comes.

It's probably why leves/fates seem like torture to me.

Edit: I'm sure it picks up a bit at higher end, but I can't even imagine something truly complex existing in this format. ARPGs are more challenging and diverse in terms of encounters than this. Again, not a bad thing. Everything has it's place. I just don't see why you would be playing this game if the pinnacle of challenge is PVE mechanics.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya honestly, little UI and customization details are the stuff that annoys me. (some im sure i just haven't found out how to change it yet)

like why can't i just turn off the UI noises. i dont need the sprite sound ever time i open the map or inventory or character page.

I also rock a 12 button mouse and would like the ability to rearrange the button layout to a 3x4 instead of a 1x12 bar.

i am excited to keep playing, i got an archer to lvl 12, and i started an arcanist just to try it out and see a different part of the map got him to 9. so i am thinking i will try a melee tonight, just to get a feel for the different play styles. Then i will pick one to main and probably delete the rest.
    Oooh dom't forget you can change classes and get bonus xp after your level 10

At about 15-17 btw you leave your main city

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    That is a good suggestion though. i think i could do it with 4 bars and rebind the keys. that gives me 3 sets of 3x4 verticle bars. being able to see it visually really makes a huge difference in getting fast at reacting to different situations.

THANKS!!!
    Problem I've found with too much customization (I wanted a bar dedicated to show procs Fang & Claw and Wheeling Thrust), is that when I switch jobs (say to my warrior), those spells that have nothing with my current class show up and of course are useless and clutter it up. It's not like WOW when you switch specs that there's a completely separate set of bars.

... or maybe there IS a way and I just don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't think I've SEEN many "high-end mechanics" in this game to begin with.

That doesn't mean a lot, top end raid representation tends to be low in any game, largely because the majority of any playerbase just doesn't want to participate. It's not like 100% of them are all trying and failing.

- - - Updated - - -

It IS bad, but in the case of Bards I kinda understand. I'd be pissed too if one of the major "feel" components of my class was just changed overnight because the developers couldn't balance around mobility. ><

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the "official post"?
    you are right they are not high end in the mmo sense, high end for whats included in the game and lot of people still struggle with that which is sad.

And yes, I am aware completion rate are always low, but its still pretty low even with the large amount of clear selling to pad those numbers.

And who cares about if a change was made or not, bad is bad.

And that was my error on proof reading lol, meant to be official forum post, not from someone official.

Game is easy, lot of people are struggling with something that is easy, that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Problem I've found with too much customization (I wanted a bar dedicated to show procs Fang & Claw and Wheeling Thrust), is that when I switch jobs (say to my warrior), those spells that have nothing with my current class show up and of course are useless and clutter it up. It's not like WOW when you switch specs that there's a completely separate set of bars.

... or maybe there IS a way and I just don't know.
    There is a way and you just don't know.

Somewhere in the action bar options is a checkbox for each actionbar and "shared". If "shared" is checked, the action bar does not switch with class changes. Unchecked and it does.

I unchecked "shared" on all bars except the vertical one which I place my mount, teleport, return, and other common things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly

Somewhere in the action bar options is a checkbox for each actionbar and "shared". If "shared" is checked, the action bar does not switch with class changes. Unchecked and it does.

I unchecked "shared" on all bars except the vertical one which I place my mount, teleport, return, and other common things like that.
    I HEART YOU!!! (Never more than Aymeric or Haurchefant though)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Game is easy, lot of people are struggling with something that is easy, that says a lot.
    Just means the playerbase is tuned to a different play style. Maybe a lot of people come from playing the turn based or tactical combat FF games and just wanted to play in this world. They probably love that they can control a character in real time, but aren't good at it.

Does that mean FFXIV needs to elevate itself, marginalize those players, and hope they retain enough to survive? No. I don't even think this game needs group content to express the actual design of where it is going in both narrative and gameplay. It could be a single player game and nothing would change too much, but it's certainly fun to have the options to play with others in large settings and this is how a lot of games become MMOs anyways.
    BAD WOLF

Difficultly is completely subjective. Most encounters aren't 'hard' in my eyes but there's definitely mechanics to watch out for and react to. You can't just soak up everything and expect to live - especially in the higher level stuff. Then there's stuff like T9 or Ramuh EX which have a pretty major learning curve. Once people get something down they can generally handle it again easily enough but that's part of the learning process.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    I HEART YOU!!! (Never more than Aymeric or Haurchefant though)
    I will try to win your love from them by being nice and helpful. I will make little to no overtures toward you. I will then complain about "nice guys finishing last" and always being "friendzoned".

Until then, you're welcome. Enjoy.

You can give me Estinien or Grinnaux over Haurchefant or Aymeric any day. I'd settle for Thancred, Varis, Nero or Regula too though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy compared to which MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can give me Estinien or Grinnaux over Haurchefant or Aymeric any day. I'd settle for Thancred, Varis, Nero or Regula too though.
    Same, I prefer my elves masculine and gritty.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    You can always turn the sound down on the UI noises..lol as for the 1x12 bar..that's literally how every mmo does its action bar layouts, unless you use a controller.
    lol this aint my first rodeo, and thats not actually true, i've played a couple recent mmos that allow reorganization of the bar to a grid (i think swtor and gw2?? cant remember). i think its to do with the offering of different peripherals like my mouse. also back in ye olden days the EQ hot bar was i think 2x5 iirc. it's been a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oooh dom't forget you can change classes and get bonus xp after your level 10

At about 15-17 btw you leave your main city
    good to know. thank you.

I am so glad you said this. First thing I am doing logging in tonight is unchecking this. sounds like you do the same thing i do in wow is put all my mounts and travel and buff items/abilities on my right side in a vertical bar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Heretic. Anyone who doesn't love Haurchefant is a monster. THAN MAN STOOD WITH YOU. THRU IT ALL. *runs away, crying* Where's my hot chocolate man?!?!?!?!

Fuck you Square. ;~;

Also to the above: GW2 offered very little in the way of UI customization. You could increase the size of some things, but you always had a static UI.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-08-17 at 07:37 PM.