Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    So you dislike chocobos. Got it.

The CGI trailer is not meant to showcase gameplay changes. It is spectacular eye candy to attract the target audience.
    This^ a CGI trailer cannot present the changes that have happened in the game, the changes that were wanted.

Im kinda interested in the Job system and how it will work.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Im kinda interested in the Job system and how it will work.
    Basicly you got Classes that is mainly used for soloing stuff. Jobs is for when getting into a party to raid etc.

Class: Job:
    Pugilist Monk
    Lancer Dragoon
    Marauder Warrior
    Gladiator Paladin
    Thaumaturge Blackmage
    Conjurer Whitemage
    Archer Bard

As a class at lvl 50, you can select up to 10 different spells and abilities from a different class. Some abilities are class specific though
    As a Job, you get 5 unique Job only abilities, and can only choose 5 other abilities from 2 specific classes

This class/job system alone is why I will never go play another MMO that utilizes the standard 1 Character = 1 Class like WoW/Rift etc
    I hate making alts. I love playing my main character and prefer spending time on leveling every single class instead of having to stop playing my favorite looking character to level another one from scratch xD

Here is a link to The Armory System on XIVs official site

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/about/game/armoury

That was how it was in 1.0. Dont know the changes for 2.0 yet.

Doubt any major changes will happen to how class/job system work in ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Doubt any major changes will happen to how class/job system work in ARR.
    I hope they do make some change to it. I can see the benefits of being able to just switch the weapon to change the job, but that means constantly having to use up bag space for job/class switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question, how does weapon selection work? I know by switching weapons you, in a nut shell, switch classes. But will there be a nice selection of weapons to choose from instead of say...sword and shield for gladiator or paladin. Or a spear for lancer/dragoon. Will there be other weapons accessible to those classes like maces, whips, axes etc etc. Instead of just one type of weapon per class.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I have a question, how does weapon selection work? I know by switching weapons you, in a nut shell, switch classes. But will there be a nice selection of weapons to choose from instead of say...sword and shield for gladiator or paladin. Or a spear for lancer/dragoon. Will there be other weapons accessible to those classes like maces, whips, axes etc etc. Instead of just one type of weapon per class.
    That is the bases of the armory system. You use a Spear, then you are a lancer/dragoon. Equip an ax your are a marauder/warrior (1 hand or 2hand).

I just wish it was more like FFXi where you could be a Dragoon/warrior or Paladin/White mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I hope they do make some change to it. I can see the benefits of being able to just switch the weapon to change the job, but that means constantly having to use up bag space for job/class switching.
    when you equip your job's or class's gear, it stays in its own inventory--in other words, it dissapears from your bag into a "gear backpack" that is saved (much like WoW's equip manager) per class/job, with a maximum of three pre-set gear pallets.

example: you're a dragoon with equipment on. the items you have equipped are not represented in the inventory space, but within the character equipment screen, saved as a pre-set of equipment tab (up to 3 ATM), effectively making it a backpack for gear sets only.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

They have made it so when you equip gear on a class. it gets saved in the Character Screen and vanishes from your bags. So you need a set of gear for each job/class. After that is done, you can swap between the different classes in an instant and bags is used for other stuff ^^

They have made it so when you equip gear on a class. it gets saved in the Character Screen and vanishes from your bags. So you need a set of gear for each job/class. After that is done, you can swap between the different classes in an instant and bags is used for other stuff ^^
    Awesome. Used to hate rooting through my Mog House in FFXI as well as unclothing all of my mannequins to get the right gear together for a side job.

Why? do you speak the language.. I sure as hell dont, but want too!
    Sure, I can get by. But I have ways to go. I'd see it as a great learning opportunity. Already play a few other games in full Japanese, but if it's an mmo I'll get the chance to talk to native speakers too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eden Eternal had this feature. Nice to see it implemented here as well.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

I have always been a huge FF fan. I hope this game has some life and depth to it!

All I know is I want to be a healer in this game. Why are all the games I am really interested in so far away from being released? Maybe I will get into beta. Highly doubt it, I'm not lucky at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrimson View Post
    I have always been a huge FF fan. I hope this game has some life and depth to it!
    I played the alpha and it does! The beta is next month which i cant wait for!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF has done nothing but go downhill in recent days, especially the single player games so I didn't even check FFIV out before this reborn stuff happened. It looks pretty lame, the global cooldown is like a year long, doing quests seems to be you just talk to a guy and teleport to location, kill monsters, collect reward. Where is the adventure in that?

How instance based is the game? Any footage I've seen is really closed up, I don't like that. Is the combat the same as in those challenge missions or w/e they are? Just standing around in a tight area with a boss and people whacking away? Also can you even move around? I'm pretty picky after GW2 combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    FF has done nothing but go downhill in recent days, especially the single player games so I didn't even check FFIV out before this reborn stuff happened. It looks pretty lame, the global cooldown is like a year long, doing quests seems to be you just talk to a guy and teleport to location, kill monsters, collect reward. Where is the adventure in that?

How instance based is the game? Any footage I've seen is really closed up, I don't like that. Is the combat the same as in those challenge missions or w/e they are? Just standing around in a tight area with a boss and people whacking away? Also can you even move around? I'm pretty picky after GW2 combat.
    If your expecting either FF online game to be anything like GW2 you will be sorely disappointed. FF11 and FF14 are FF online games, they have some of the single player game characteristics and the systems are completely different than that of games like WoW and GW2. So if your GW2 or bust then dont waste your time, you will not like the game even after ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

The information in the footage from Alpha they have released does not do the game justice, it was mearly a teaser to the current players who didnt get alpha invites.
    GCDs will reduce alot as you level up, and yeah some attacks is position based. So moving is needed, you can move with any ability I have tried.
    The combo system for combat will also increase dmg on the next attack, and not to mention the Limit Break system while in Party and raids. Doing Fine Play will make the Limit Break Gauge fill up faster. Fine Play is healing at the right time, shield block properly etc.

As for quests, you mount to the place. Or use Anima to teleport to a Camp that is in the nearby area. I have also played GW2 and it was not as fun for me personally.
    There will be many FATE events in game too. Full Active Time Event which are openworld events.

Adding a link that has just a few bits of informations that is coming. There will be more when they reveal it to us

http://forum.gamebreaker.tv/viewtopic.php?id=6216

I like the sound of the player housing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?