10+ Year Old Account
    Managing inventory is...not compelling gameplay. At least IMO, it's one of those nice things perks/gameplay that you have.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I wish this game had Tera's combat system.
    tera sucked ass

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I wish this game had Tera's combat system.
    It gets boring after awhile. If i want fast pace pvp combat i d take dota or even fps games. MMOs with their hours long play session isnt suitable to that kind of combat.

I'm so damn pumped for saturday! Seriously the feel to this game is awesome and I get so taken in by the visuals and atmosphere this game brings. I love the combat and animations, it feels smooth to me Also I'm able to run this game max at 1440p resolution without a problem, they did a good job optimizing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I hope they double the size of each of the war-chest's areas tbh. I am one of those guys that plays everything I can - I got most classes to 10 in the beta and 3 to 20, and I have been sitting with a full weapon chest almost since the start. It's a good feature but it needs more space - I can't begin to imagine what will happen when multiple jobs start getting higher, especially if they start releasing weapons that are actually choices rather than upgrades.

I don't know why MMO designers consider inventory management compelling gameplay. I thought SE had realised that it's not when they implemented the chest - here's hoping they realise it wasn't quite enough.
    The Retainers provide bank space for storage. I think 300 slots (2 retainers with 150 each).

Plus you have the storage in your Inn room as well.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-08-20 at 02:44 AM.

Wonder if we get more download on top of the 8gb before Saturday, some main story lines missed voiceovers and 8gb compressed or not seemed a bit small for an MMO of this size.

I'm definitely loving the feel of the combat, its nice to not be button smashing anymore. Granted, I like the traditional style MMO combat and what goes with it.

I'll say one thing, for a game that has such a typical MMO look to it, It feels like a completely different game to me. I had serious concerns that I would be stuck feeling like I was playing another version of WoW, Rift, or SWTOR, but it didn't bother me in the least.

Managed to get Conj. to 16 before they closed up (had to work all weekend) and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The important thing about him is not that he's "young and pretty." The important thing about him is that he has freaking clones, or else is in multiple places at once. >.> Or I guess he could be a Triplet.

I'm telling you, he's the end boss of this game. o_o We're gonna find it out, just wait and see.
    My guess a god or something...

Which means boss per FF and japanese tradition LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    My guess a god or something...

Which means boss per FF and japanese tradition LOL.
    He could be the wanderer Orchen I think, one of the 12, or one of the apostles like Louisouix (sure I butchered that name. Also, the I just heard his name spoken outloud in the cutscene at the end of the city storyline, and was shocked that it was pronounced louey-swah, my LS in 1.0 called him Lew-soh. We were way off.

Convinced my wife to give it a shot with me. Just put in our digital download pre-orders. Kinda excited to play around with the different facets of the game.

I will have to get use to the combat but i think my wife will enjoy it as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Dude, I have the exact same processor and amount of RAM as you, but my video card is a 6870. I was able to play the game in FATEs, dungeons, etc on high (desktop) settings with little to no lag. Perhaps there's another reason why it's running slowly for you?

I figure if I can handle the 30+ people and their effects in some of the FATEs, raiding shouldn't be a problem. Settings can always be adjusted too.
    Yeah well I get little to no lag , just a bit of framedrops in highly populated zones, or zones with ALOT of grass / trees / shadows, it just dips to the low 30 fps zone, which for me is annoying.

It's not while big effects in fate's are going on or something , just when i'm running in highly populated zones with grass + shadows and I wanna turn very quickly , then I notice small hicks sometimes from my fps going from 70+ to 30-35.

Then again had a few problems with SLI in the past where the performance would not hit the lvl of a single gpu card , so hence the reason im waiting on the next AMD line up , want to get a great solid card without paying the Nvidia shark price for a 770 or 780 ( which are 400 GBP and 500+ GBP in the UK ).
    7970 AMD cards are only 299 atm but I don't wanna buy a 1.5 year old GPU.

The withdrawals are starting to kick in. This week is going to BLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How in the world did you get 3 20s? Did you play non-stop or is there some secret fast leveling method?
    I set time aside to play the game over the course of the beta, and I was in phase 3 so I got in on the 16th. I also never got hit with MMMCII nor 90k. Pretty much leveled one class a day at that rate. If I had maybe 2-3 more hours I'd have 4 level 20s =p

I'd like to take the opportunity though to state that the bonus EXP gained from leveling a lower level class is relative. Meaning that a level 1 will gain like 80-90% bonus EXP when you have a level 20, and that bonus will drop to about 50% at like level 12-14.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I did not get a chance to run the dungeon, how was it?
    Group play in dungeons is a bit more old school. Players have to worry about threat, as tanks cannot spam their high enmity/AoE attacks without running out of TP. Same goes for healers and other classes, can't spam AoE as you'll OOM 1/4 of the way into the fight.

Theres some really interesting mechanics being used in low level boss fights as well. 2nd boss of Copperbell Mines was refreshing in an industry of tank n spank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Group play in dungeons is a bit more old school. Players have to worry about threat, as tanks cannot spam their high enmity/AoE attacks without running out of TP. Same goes for healers and other classes, can't spam AoE as you'll OOM 1/4 of the way into the fight.

Theres some really interesting mechanics being used in low level boss fights as well. 2nd boss of Copperbell Mines was refreshing in an industry of tank n spank.
    Yea I found the no instant taunt thing really challenging, specially in random groups where everyone is attacking a different mob its impossible to hold aggro. And I must say that I enjoy it. And yes, some of the boss fights are really fun, especially in the Copperbell Mines. You could actually see that with every dungeon boss fights got more complicated, so I have high hopes for "end game" dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Yea I found the no instant taunt thing really challenging, specially in random groups where everyone is attacking a different mob its impossible to hold aggro. And I must say that I enjoy it. And yes, some of the boss fights are really fun, especially in the Copperbell Mines. You could actually see that with every dungeon boss fights got more complicated, so I have high hopes for "end game" dungeons.
    I'm glad there is no taunt. It is a crutch that tanks shouldn't need to perform their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad there is no taunt. It is a crutch that tanks shouldn't need to perform their job.
    Well, there IS a taunt, it's just not available until later.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The open beta has been interesting so far. FF14 doesn't feel like it's doing anything new as far as "like World of Warcraft, but" MMOs go, but it seems to be sticking with tried-and-true. It's a little ridiculous that you're flooded with so many quests right away (would the city just fall to pieces if all of us stout adventuring types decided we didn't want to be employed by FedEx?), but on the other hand, I actually found it more interesting and engaging than Guild Wars 2's "follow the yellow dot" method.

What is it with Asians and pretty, though? Even the "grizzled peddler" that talks your ear off in the intro is ridiculously young and pretty-looking!
    That guy reminded me of Seifer for some weird reason >_>

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, there IS a taunt, it's just not available until later.
    Provoke is not a taunt, if that is the skill you're talking about. It's a high enmity generating ability, it does not bring your enmity level equal to or slightly above the player with aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    The Retainers provide bank space for storage. I think 300 slots (2 retainers with 150 each).

Plus you have the storage in your Inn room as well.
    The Inn storage doesn't apply to most stuff, from what I'd seen, and from what I had heard. My understanding is the Inn Storage hold stuff from world events or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, there should probably be something. I don't know about post-20, but currently an archer can pull off a tank pretty damn easily if there is more than one target. This is solved simply enough by declaring kill-orders or even just having the archer slow down; the problem is that there is a rampant plague of players who gain some sick pleasure from messing up pulls intentionally, then harassing the tank over it. I can't tell you how many times I saw that occur this last weekend.

Of course the immediate solution is to just create your own groups, but SE has certainly pushed the duty finder in a way that they clearly want us to use it. Therefore, they want us to group with the assholes, trolls, and generally incompetent players that it groups you with. And if they are asking tanks to still do their jobs under these working conditions, I don't think the inclusion of a taunt is unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Of course the immediate solution is to just create your own groups, but SE has certainly pushed the duty finder in a way that they clearly want us to use it. Therefore, they want us to group with the assholes, trolls, and generally incompetent players that it groups you with. And if they are asking tanks to still do their jobs under these working conditions, I don't think the inclusion of a taunt is unreasonable.
    As a tank I used the duty finder once and got into a group with a whm, blm, and brd(all were in their AF gear and all)... it was impossible to hold aggro. Mostly I formed a group with other people who were near the dungeon portal and had no problems with kill orders, over aggro or simple trolls and asshats. Yea so the duty finder is to only be used as a last resort tbh.