Deleted
    I have yet not received anything. Are they giving the keys in waves, or something like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DelonK View Post
    I have yet not received anything. Are they giving the keys in waves, or something like that?
    I got my key directly from GreenManGaming's website when i made the purchase about...2 weeks ago.

I preordered from greenmangaming yesterday and received my key instantly. Today I received an email with instructions on how to register it.

If you've preordered and haven't received your key I would contact whomever you preordered from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    Your right about the marking. But i always hated "zomg tank is dead quick brez, SS, raise/sleep, voke/flash/debuff/shadows x10000 times. This is where the off tank was born. I don't feel its right, nor challanging that you can get a tank back up x amount of times , use 1 ability then be back on track as if nothing ever happend. There would be no game over until 1. you got tired, 2. everyone eventually died, 3. it enraged. To a certain point. I found (as marauder) i joined in on a "boss" type fate that was 50% (for those who don't already you, you get lvl caped on FATEs). about a min later i was able to grab it's attension. Sure its a huge possibilty that things will go ape shit once a tank dies. But it also reinstates the challenge that many people will not be used to.

I hope it stays to work like this in actual end game content.
    Yes thats nice in a raid but i think if for whatever reasons the tank dies in a 4m (for example because he stands outside of the big red circle of doom but the game decides he still has to die) and the group manages to rezz the tank and survive until he stands then the group doesnt deserve to wipe since clearly tehy showed a certain skill there. Thats where taunt shines
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2013-08-20 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really should have made a list as I was playing the open beta, so I could have searched for the things I didn't fully understand. But since I didn't, anyone know of a place where sections of the UI and it's features are explained? Preferably with pictures or video (if someone who had been given permission by Square Enix had made such a video for example...)

Mainly because I'm sure I missed some neat features and I'm not sure I fully understood some parts, like the enemy health bars that appeared above the chat. Were those for enemies that were in combat with me or simply all nearby enemies while I was in combat? Was that dot supposed to be a threat indicator? For the most part I forgot they existed, so didn't pay attention to what exactly was it that they did. Also, the letters on enemies' health bars, are those only there to distinguish said enemies from one another?
    Last edited by Inward; 2013-08-20 at 12:48 PM.

Those enemy healthbars were enemies you had agro'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    I really should have made a list as I was playing the open beta, so I could have searched for the things I didn't fully understand. But since I didn't, anyone know of a place where sections of the UI and it's features are explained? Preferably with pictures or video (if someone who had been given permission by Square Enix had made such a video for example...)

Mainly because I'm sure I missed some neat features and I'm not sure I fully understood some parts, like the enemy health bars that appeared above the chat. Were those for enemies that were in combat with me or simply all nearby enemies while I was in combat? Was that dot supposed to be a threat indicator? For the most part I forgot they existed, so didn't pay attention to what exactly was it that they did. Also, the letters on enemies' health bars, are those only there to distinguish said enemies from one another?
    The enemy bars that appear are all enemies in combat with you and the dot indeed shows your threat status for those mobs.
    If you look at the party ui you will see some small bars before the name. That is a more detailed view of the threat table of the target you have currently in target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    I preordered from greenmangaming yesterday and received my key instantly. Today I received an email with instructions on how to register it.

If you've preordered and haven't received your key I would contact whomever you preordered from.
    Well, I preordered it in the Square-Enix shop...

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks for the info. One more thing that just hit me, what was the text on top of your health bar supposed to mean?
    The one that said "all" or "others" and possibly something else that I can't quite remember right now.
    And the weird circle with three smaller circles in it that was to the left of the health bar, that was just for decoration, right?

Thanks again.

Well, I preordered it in the Square-Enix shop...
    Yeah I'm kind of confused why you would order it from somewhere else. I got my key instantly with purchase as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of confused why you would order it from somewhere else. I got my key instantly with purchase as well.
    i kept getting the "error 5002" when trying to buy it directly from SEnix and not even the support managed to help me.

so i had to get it from somewhere else

Deleted
    I did not get the key, but the purchase number, something like SEE-STORE-1200220, with an email which said they would email me again near pre-order, but I have received anything and I see a lot of people actually with their key... :/

Edit: Actually I must say, Square-Enix web sucks. Errors all day long.
    Last edited by mmoce3162681dd; 2013-08-20 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    Cuz greenmangaming had it for 25% off

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Cheaper and/or different bonuses. There's a Nordic Limited Edition.
    That's the same stuff that's in the regular CE
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Deleted
    Well, I have found that this web is just for US users who bought the game. Players who bought the game from the EU Square-Enix shop will have to enter their key in another web, and even those keys haven't been sent yet. By the time come, SE will email them all with their keys and the new web where we'll have to enter the code.

I did not get the key, but the purchase number, something like SEE-STORE-1200220, with an email which said they would email me again near pre-order, but I have received anything and I see a lot of people actually with their key... :/

Edit: Actually I must say, Square-Enix web sucks. Errors all day long.
    I preordered 2 of the game last night and on both instances got an email from Digitalriver with a confirmation. The product code included at the bottom of the email looks to be for the free stuff you get from pre-ordering.

Im sure they will send out the keys over the next few days with further instructions for loggin in. Early access doesn't start until Saturday anyway/

I have the receipt so Im not too worried about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if you buy the game if it comes with a month or not?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Cheaper and/or different bonuses. There's a Nordic Limited Edition.
    Well I guess I really never thought of that. I didn't know people could sell their stuff for less lol.

Has anyone found any beginner tips and tricks thread, or things I wish I knew starting out?

There are alot of small things that are not extremely intuitive and a threat of all those put together would be extremely helpful. If there is one elsewhere on a fansite could someone link me to it?

Just from reading the last 20 pages I learned about minro UI things you can do, it would be great to consolidate all of that into one thread.

I am more than happy to start one on this forum, although I'm new to the game and really have no place doing so, haha.

There are other folks with tons more experience and I know it would help me and many others who are going to be playing.

For those having problems with registering the preorder code, I saw this on another forum. If you go to your se account profile you should see the game pop up as being registered. I checked an hour ago and my account did not have ARR on there, tried registering the code several more times erroring out every time and checked my profile again now the game is registered.

Not my picture but shows what i'm talking about:

Just go to www.na.square-enix.com and sign in, then click profile in the upper righthand corner and you'll see if the game was registered or not. Their site is getting hammered though.

I have not recieved any confirmation emails yet though, but it at least looks like my code went through.