Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    However what do you think they will do with this game?

Lets say a new one is Ninja, will they start you out as a martial artist of some sort then become a ninja at 30? Basicly having to add 1 class and 1 job per?

I don't see much of an option for them besides this.
    This looks like it would be the only way in the current system to give any meaning to a class.

The jobs are really just an extra subset of abilities base off your main class and a combination of subclasses. So it would be 1 job and 1 class, like Swordsman level to 30 have 15 Pugilist and become Ninja and then you would be Swordsman/Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Who said I was frustrated. You asked for a reason and I gave one.
    Fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorry if I spend money and expect to get to play the early access that I paid for. I guess I'm just an unreasonable, entitled asshole who wants to play a game he enjoys. Fuck me though, right?
    No, but you are acting way too angry for your own good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sorry if I spend money and expect to get to play the early access that I paid for. I guess I'm just an unreasonable, entitled asshole who wants to play a game he enjoys. Fuck me though, right?
    Fuck the people who won't log out IMO, oh and the reduction in server numbers, fuck that too.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    This looks like it would be the only way in the current system to give any meaning to a class.

The jobs are really just an extra subset of abilities base off your main class and a combination of subclasses. So it would be 1 job and 1 class, like Swordsman level to 30 have 15 Pugilist and become Ninja and then you would be Swordsman/Ninja.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Think I prefer them being different classes altogether like in 11 though. I see why with lack of quests and what not. Otherwise it would be a grind fest again. Still, I probably would prefer it the old way.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck the people who won't log out IMO, oh and the reduction in server numbers, fuck that too.
    They are causing a problem yes. I think its more on square not implementing an afk log off system. I know they didn't have one in 11 but that was due to bazzars. Unless I'm missing something there isn't a reason not to have it in this game.

I think I know what happened to a great number of people now putting it all together with their messages. Numerous people reported being DC'd at the ~4:30 EST mark, which was right around the time they posted that they put in the server limitations.

I bet they lowered the number per server and everyone who zoned right around that time was booted out and unable to get back in because of the number restrictions.
    Far far too many people reported DCs at ~4:30 ish and were unable to log on for a long time (unless they got lucky).

They gotta do something about these dungeons, they're too long and unrewarding, just did Sastasha, it takes like 40min and it gave me less and half of a xp bar, i was almost falling asleep.

Honestly, I feel like they could be forgiven for pretty much everything else beyond the short Phase 4 beta test that ended with visible problems. It should of been a week long like prior plans so they could properly test the servers and be prepared. They also really could of used queues even if they were 1,000 person lines. That would of been better. Having queues would let people in game who aren't logging off know they can exit the game and get on later if they just wait in the queue. This would create more froth of people playing and leaving.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    They gotta do something about these dungeons, they're too long and unrewarding, just did Sastasha, it takes like 40min and it gave me less and half of a xp bar, i was almost falling asleep.
    I liked the instances and other than gear not dropping for me I didn't have an issue with. I think we did it much faster than 40 minutes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Idk why so many people mad right now, whats wrong with other games? I played abit during early access then logged off without any problems, currently waiting on a pc upgrade to go back and seeing everyone with problems I haven't tried again.

Its an MMO, it'll be around for a while, why get mad you can't play pre-release?

If you're in a rush to get 50 don't be, getting first on a game apparently people are having problems with playing isn't much of an accomplishment.
    I'm not even online. I feel I should just wait until things cool down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sounds like you overleveled it. I did Sastasha at level 16 and got about 80% of a level from it, in 32 minutes according to the timer.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I liked the instances and other than gear not dropping for me I didn't have an issue with. I think we did it much faster than 40 minutes though.
    yeah i think the longest ive spent was 30 minutes, and both of the dungeons i did i really enjoyed, and had a piece of gear drop in each

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, but you are acting way too angry for your own good.
    I'm angry because this is the 12938793876392487 time this exact same thing has happened, and Square Enix is a big enough company that they can afford more servers. They can afford to create a proper login queue to prevent login/world/authentication servers from crashing.

I was promised early access on the 24th, and it's almost the 26th and I've been unable to log in. My friend is still unable to register his game and will likely not be able to roll on the server that our guild is on unless he lucks out.

No, the people who don't log out are fine. They're enjoying the game they paid for and that's great. This is all on Squeenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Idk why so many people mad right now, whats wrong with other games?
    I have other games to play, but I want to play FFXIV and was promised by Square Enix that I would be able to play during the early access. Now I know that server troubles happen, but to have your game virtually unplayable by a large group of people for the first 2 days? Unacceptable.

I'm angry because this is the 12938793876392487 time this exact same thing has happened, and Square Enix is a big enough company that they can afford more servers. They can afford to create a proper login queue to prevent login/world/authentication servers from crashing.

I was promised early access on the 24th, and it's almost the 26th and I've been unable to log in. My friend is still unable to register his game and will likely not be able to roll on the server that our guild is on unless he lucks out.

No, the people who don't log out are fine. They're enjoying the game they paid for and that's great. This is all on Squeenix.

I have other games to play, but I want to play FFXIV and was promised by Square Enix that I would be able to play during the early access. Now I know that server troubles happen, but to have your game virtually unplayable by a large group of people for the first 2 days of launch? Unacceptable.
    They were just forcibly logged out anyways.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

OK just got DC'd i guess it's good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    No YOU don't get it. The fact people are still online and full IS BECAUSE theortically mind you are afk and hogging the server and others such as you cannot get on. I tried telling you that but you go "NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM MAN"

Yeah I get it. I didn't get registered for awhile when their website was overloaded by people. Eventually I could. But raging at the top of your lungs isn't going to make things better. It's bad yes but the way you are reacting to it, it's not helping either.

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like maintenance has started. Just gotta cross your fingers and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    So clearly i must stay up until 1230 to see if i can get on my proper server, unless they keep toon creation disabled.

If it takes you more than 30 minutes, then you're group is too slow or you wiped one too many times. Most groups that go smoothly, even if they're a little slow to ensure no wipes, can finish most of the dungeons at around the 25 minute mark.

Also, they're hardly unrewarding, I've had dungeon gear be of similar quality to items the requires 10 levels plus. This is fantastic news for anyone who likes to level through dungeons (assuming they're tank or healer) as their queue times will be short, yet gear they get will most definitely last them until the next dungeon.

As far as XP goes, dungeons were never going to be superb XP machines. You want more XP than you know what to do with? Go join the swarms of Fate Groups in all the regions.

No YOU don't get it. The fact people are still online and full IS BECAUSE theortically mind you are afk and hogging the server and others such as you cannot get on. I tried telling you that but you go "NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM MAN"
    If they're AFK for more than 15-20m and the game doesn't automatically log them out to character select, that's again Square Enix's fault. Autologout exists for a reason as a standard across most MMO's.

Yeah I get it. I didn't get registered for awhile when their website was overloaded by people. Eventually I could. But raging at the top of your lungs isn't going to make things better. It's bad yes but the way you are reacting to it, it's not helping either.
    Not raging at the top of my lungs, just expressing my supreme annoyance/bitterness/disappointment.