Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Finish story quest so you can farm CM and Prae. Unlock AK, and Ifrit HM. Farm them for tomes to get Darklight gear. Start on your relic weapon.
    does the relic weapon require a quest to start? or is it just something that goes along with being 50?

also, thanks.

oh, and what does AK stand for? tried to google, but was unable to find it.

nevermind. after scrolling down past the heap load of links of people bitching about the instance, i finally found a link to what AK stands for.
    Last edited by Ateista; 2013-10-09 at 05:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    does the relic weapon require a quest to start? or is it just something that goes along with being 50?

also, thanks.
    You need to talk with Nedrick (the guy that gives you a bunch of dungeon quests) in Vesper Bay to start the Relic quest.

A Relic Reborn if you want to see all the steps involved (and thus prepare for them) in the Relic quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people have no sense of decency...a lvl 50 rolling for gear in 40 dungeon. "I need it for BLM" Why didn't you save your gear you used while leveling for it (they were a white mage). Like seriously. Just blarg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I do find it weird that they released Coil with the expectation that you will have gear from Crystal by the time you do Turn 5, so, why not just release up to Turn 3 and release Turn 4 and 5 with Crystal instead?
    im suspecting they are trying to tune numbers more for 24 man raiding with regards to the classes they have and thats why its taking longer, they need to strike a balance, and its not often you see mmos with raids that are of this size, rift has 20 man for example

going to have to admit that i'm really starting to get perturbed that i have to wait for dungeon finder groups to continue the story....

....it's really starting to be a downer having to wait 30-40 mins just to get shit done.

10+ Year Old Account
    going to have to admit that i'm really starting to get perturbed that i have to wait for dungeon finder groups to continue the story....

....it's really starting to be a downer having to wait 30-40 mins just to get shit done.
    You rolled DPS - It's the same in any MMO with a Dungeon Finder - I'd suggest joining the queue and then leveling a Gathering/Crafting Profession while you wait. Makes the time go by faster.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Eh, yeah it kinda sucks, but it does force you to do something else. I used the time in queue for the story dungeons to get other classes leveled to 15. By the time I hit 50 with my Brd and got my Relic, I have all combat classes to at least 15, and unlocked Paladin. I love the fact that you can queue as one class then switch and go about your business. Just don't do leves while in queue, if it pops while you're still on duty for a leve...you can't abandon, or switch jobs until the leve has been completed...sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Damn Aiko, that's like your second guild that has broken up lol(I remember you posting your guild broke up awhile ago). There must be some serious nerd rage going on in coil
    Our first group shattered but we managed to pick up the pieces. I guess supergluing the pieces together didn't last very long, and it broke for good.

There was a lot of yelling and raging, indeed. Only a few of us kept our calm (it's just a game, guys!) but the rage was probably warranted. Turn 5 is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    You rolled DPS - It's the same in any MMO with a Dungeon Finder - I'd suggest joining the queue and then leveling a Gathering/Crafting Profession while you wait. Makes the time go by faster.
    i just typically do homework while i wait; though i do need to start leveling a craft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, we had this dicussion in /shout the other day in Thanalan. I guess I have some sympathy, but at a certain point people have to understand that being the 900,000,000th Dragoon in the Duty Finder queue is going to come with certain drawbacks.
    Every time I see people complain about Duty Finder, I have little to no sympathy for them seeing DPS has almost always had the longest queues due to being in abundance. Which is why (since I typically play dps) I make sure I have something to do while waiting. Bejeweled Blitz ftw!

I'm having queues even as healer! They used to be instant, but so sometimes I have to wait for *gasp* 5-10mins! My main is still technically BLM, but I got bored of the queues and rolled a healer (should have rolled a tank :/ ). I intend to gear it enough that I can use it to farm tomes with fast queues.

I am kind of concerned with this ongoing drama I have had with square CS.. Im going on like weeks after phone drama after weeks of emailing to get one of my accounts back It's so bad I actually got a free copy of the game from the people I pre ordered the one I am having drama with. Its like a month nearly over a hacked account
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Our first group shattered but we managed to pick up the pieces. I guess supergluing the pieces together didn't last very long, and it broke for good.

There was a lot of yelling and raging, indeed. Only a few of us kept our calm (it's just a game, guys!) but the rage was probably warranted. Turn 5 is unfair.
    My Free Company has already discussed the issue with Turn 5 (we're still working on Turn 4 currently) and we've decided that we're still going to work on it, but because the encounter itself is bugged (several mechanics fire off too late or early insta-gibbing people) we're going to try to be casual about it since we don't feel like beating our heads against a wall that won't break.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I really don't think Garuda is anything, really, it's the people I get paired up in DF that are the problem.

But yes I can already foretell I'm going to cry once again about her when I'm done gearing this one up. Unless I get a nice FC by that time.
    Garuda is all about the tank honestly. Main tank positioning, and the off tank picking up the sisters. Thats all there is to the fight, i honestly rate Ifrit as harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Garuda is all about the tank honestly. Main tank positioning, and the off tank picking up the sisters. Thats all there is to the fight, i honestly rate Ifrit as harder.
    Hmmmm any placement ideas for an upcoming Warrior tank for her? Please no "just video it" responses..I find the videos often get me mixed up in the actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmmmm any placement ideas for an upcoming Warrior tank for her? Please no "just video it" responses..I find the videos often get me mixed up in the actual fight.
    Sorry, i really don't remember the positioning for Garuda as i just follow the tank.

But since its all about positioning only, i guess the video will be very useful as it tells you exactly where to tank at.

Either that or you go be the off tank, and just tank the sisters add which is quite easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Sorry, i really don't remember the positioning for Garuda as i just follow the tank.

But since its all about positioning only, i guess the video will be very useful as it tells you exactly where to tank at.

Either that or you go be the off tank, and just tank the sisters add which is quite easy.
    LOL i mean i do well with reading strats or being told what to do..As well as figuring it out myself....

But the videos frankly just mix me up....

Tank her facing away from raid where she spawns, dodge slipstream (its a long cast) and thats about it for phase 1.

When she ults and P2 starts, tank her in the corner wedged up against the green zones. Eventually she will disappear and spawn 2 adds, grab the one that has a red beam linking her to garuda. After both adds are dead it will say something like "The wind begins to churn" and you need to move her clockwise along the edge of the arena slowly to avoid green areas, while kiting the plumes. Then run to the center when the Satin plume is dead and the green areas disappear- boom you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm having queues even as healer! They used to be instant, but so sometimes I have to wait for *gasp* 5-10mins! My main is still technically BLM, but I got bored of the queues and rolled a healer (should have rolled a tank :/ ). I intend to gear it enough that I can use it to farm tomes with fast queues.
    I think Healer queues are getting longer cause people are rolling them just to get faster queues to farm philosophy tomes.

My FC (~ 40 level 50s) had maybe 4 healers a couple weeks ago. Now there are 16 who "can" heal. I've also noticed as a tank an increase in absolutely terrible healers, luckily my wife always goes with me and she is a good/geared healer and can solo heal if necessary.

This of course is anecdotal, but it makes sense with as easy as it is to reroll that people would level another heal class to 50 for farming.

It also seems that Mon/Tue is fucking terrible for running AK, even with a full group you are waiting 20-30 minutes for an instance to pop. So anyone who thinks of queing for that particular instance on Mon/Tue regardless of class I wouldnt recommend it.

- - - Updated - - -

going to have to admit that i'm really starting to get perturbed that i have to wait for dungeon finder groups to continue the story.... it's really starting to be a downer having to wait 30-40 mins just to get shit done.
    Dungeons as part of the main story does suck imo as well. But tbf you don't have to wait in the dungeon finder you could form a group in the zone, join a linkshell or FC and find people. Higher level players level scales down to them with you but they still get xp for their level so running lower level dungeons isnt bad XP at all.

I think Healer queues are getting longer cause people are rolling them just to get faster queues to farm philosophy tomes.
    What i'm wondering about is WHMs. You used to see them everywhere, and the survey data that square showed the majority of healers are WHMs, but I only see them in about one in every four groups i run with.

(yes, i'm frustrated because i keep losing garuda's book to the second SCH every time. its been four days of grinding and all i got out of it was 200 myth tomes and a broken heart.)