10+ Year Old Account
    I think as a Tank you're more prone to seeing the bad healers and the same could be said as a healer...I've dealt with some pretty awful tanks.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I think Healer queues are getting longer cause people are rolling them just to get faster queues to farm philosophy tomes.

My FC (~ 40 level 50s) had maybe 4 healers a couple weeks ago. Now there are 16 who "can" heal. I've also noticed as a tank an increase in absolutely terrible healers, luckily my wife always goes with me and she is a good/geared healer and can solo heal if necessary.

This of course is anecdotal, but it makes sense with as easy as it is to reroll that people would level another heal class to 50 for farming.

It also seems that Mon/Tue is fucking terrible for running AK, even with a full group you are waiting 20-30 minutes for an instance to pop. So anyone who thinks of queing for that particular instance on Mon/Tue regardless of class I wouldnt recommend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dungeons as part of the main story does suck imo as well. But tbf you don't have to wait in the dungeon finder you could form a group in the zone, join a linkshell or FC and find people. Higher level players level scales down to them with you but they still get xp for their level so running lower level dungeons isnt bad XP at all.
    it's all good. one of my FC tanks happened to be on, and helped me finish the story. now i'm working on the quest chain for my relic. up to AK at this point.

i don't play nearly as often as my FC members though, and i'm only really on early early morning. i don't think any of the 50's really get on until around 10 - 12, when i'm already at work.

i guess i could get on after job, but i'm just so tired by the time i get home, i just cook and eat dinner, sit down to watch a little tv, then hit the pillow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    it's all good. one of my FC tanks happened to be on, and helped me finish the story. now i'm working on the quest chain for my relic. up to AK at this point.

i don't play nearly as often as my FC members though, and i'm only really on early early morning. i don't think any of the 50's really get on until around 10 - 12, when i'm already at work.

i guess i could get on after job, but i'm just so tired by the time i get home, i just cook and eat dinner, sit down to watch a little tv, then hit the pillow.
    Still on chimera here...Sooooo many bad DPS...Healers say I'm fine or great even friend me but the dps....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Still on chimera here...Sooooo many bad DPS...Healers say I'm fine or great even friend me but the dps....
    Just wait until you reach Titan

It's pretty simple in terms of mechanics I'd say but people just can't dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Just wait until you reach Titan

It's pretty simple in terms of mechanics I'd say but people just can't dodge.
    I'm a warrior....I'll be on DPS duty most likely...

Also my biggest problem is I as in the player suck at stunning...Also I admit not always the best at dodging...

But I DO know my class/job and how to play it fairly well...Does take me a few tries to get new bosses down but once I do I got em down for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    My Free Company has already discussed the issue with Turn 5 (we're still working on Turn 4 currently) and we've decided that we're still going to work on it, but because the encounter itself is bugged (several mechanics fire off too late or early insta-gibbing people) we're going to try to be casual about it since we don't feel like beating our heads against a wall that won't break.
    That's the wise way to go about it.

The weird thing about Turn 5 is that they already brought it down to fix an exploit, which means they're theoretically watching all user feedback, but no 'bugs' were fixed. So what a lot of people wonder is if it's not a bugged encounter and there's some kind of mechanic we're missing. I'll avoid spoiling too much about the fight and talking tactics to honor the guilds still working at world first, but if it's not bugged we're missing something pretty significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    going to have to admit that i'm really starting to get perturbed that i have to wait for dungeon finder groups to continue the story....

....it's really starting to be a downer having to wait 30-40 mins just to get shit done.
    It gets better; once you start hitting level 37 or so, quest reward XP falls exponentially farther behind total XP required to level, so you'll end up hitting roadblocks in the story where the only solution is to go grind fates, or dungeons, or (ugh) battleleves until you get enough levels to continue the story.

I'm not sure what Square Enix were going for, but they did a bad job.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Eh, I think I'm done with XIV until 2.1 comes out. Got my WAR to 50, I'm not really up for running AK/CM 60+ times to gear up.
    I'll wait for the PvP and see what that offers.

I got my $30 worth though, well worth it.

So yea, I was like on the verge of quitting, then got in coil and it's been a blast so far. I still log off the other hours though, nothing else to do lol. Sounds alot like another game eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It gets better; once you start hitting level 37 or so, quest reward XP falls exponentially farther behind total XP required to level, so you'll end up hitting roadblocks in the story where the only solution is to go grind fates, or dungeons, or (ugh) battleleves until you get enough levels to continue the story.

I'm not sure what Square Enix were going for, but they did a bad job.
    preciate the tip, but i'm 50. that complaint was towards the end when i still had to do dungeons to finish up the last few quests. haha!

which i'm done and now working on the relic.

got a few darklight? gear. (having brain fart and forgetting what it is called. i could be right, but i doubt it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I'm a warrior....I'll be on DPS duty most likely...
    Just make a nice party for Titan H, don't use the DF. DF forces you to do the fight with 2 tanks, which obviously is far from ideal.

I wonder what this next hotfix will bring us, since it's pretty vague:

Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
    Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
    The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
    The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
    Implementation of a population cap for each field.
    Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
    The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
    User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

Yeah the OT position on DF in most cases is completely pointless.

Most of the time you just sit there and DPS or do nothing because you can lol.

The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
    This is the interesting part.

The others are changes that were to be expected or make sense. Difficulty of lvl50 dungeons? What does that mean. They are quite fine atm. Only problem for new people at lvl50 and while gearing up and also being unexperienced could be Demon Wall at Amdapor Keep. Once you have got past that a few times, it is easy too and requires almost no effort. Do they mean all dungeons and primals? Are they nerfing stuff like titan hm? Coil?

If they get on the same path as blizzard with the dungeons I wont be paying the next sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This is the interesting part.

The others are changes that were to be expected or make sense. Difficulty of lvl50 dungeons? What does that mean. They are quite fine atm. Only problem for new people at lvl50 and while gearing up and also being unexperienced could be Demon Wall at Amdapor Keep. Once you have got past that a few times, it is easy too and requires almost no effort. Do they mean all dungeons and primals? Are they nerfing stuff like titan hm? Coil?

If they get on the same path as blizzard with the dungeons I wont be paying the next sub.
    Maybe they just want it so that AK isn't such a pain when you are undergeared. For both the newcomer 50 and the ones who get in group with them.

As long as they make it so I can farm efficiently tomes in more than just AK (and well CM, but CM is painfully boring), I'm fine with it.

In my opinion, they should unlock AK only after you have done WP (if this already happens, i dont remember it). That way it would be somehow pointed out "its is a good idea to farm this place first before the next difficulty level". I personally did farm WP before I even touched AK.

If they are intended to be same level dungeons, why does WP drop lower grade gear than AK and also no mythology. The different level of difficulty should be shown somehow and mean you should pass the lower level before you can go to harder level.
    Last edited by Morae; 2013-10-11 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...56#post1410856

hoping they increase the amount of tomes in general across the board, people are getting worse and worse on the requirements and starting only asking for relic users for some farm runs in like CM and what not, this only tells me people are getting impatient more and more

- - - Updated - - -

also should note, im gonna enjoy such people suffer in 24 mans

I would hope for the opposite. I would like to see the tomes granted in WP increased, difficulty stays the same though.

Increase the difficulty on AK bosses, but add an additional say.. 10 tomes before every boss you can get by clearing trash. So if you cleared everything and the boss you would be somewhere around 80ish tomes, so you only need to run it 3-5 times a week for cap.

Keep the difficulty on other things, although I really wish they would add a boss to turn 3. I love this game, but I'm on turn 4 now. The 24 man is supposed to have worse gear then Coil from what I understand, and in another 3-4 weeks I'll have a good chunk of ilvl 90 gear and not really care about playing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing they need to fix with regard to the gear progression imo is the fact that the last lvl for your GC (where you get your best starter lvl 50 weapon from) is gated behind running AK. Which is not easy with low lvl gear. If they fixed that, then the gear progression would be a little better.

They do need to fix the gear progression, add more options for acquiring Myth tomes and make AK and WP give out 100 Philo tomes or just provide more competitive alternate means of getting tham than CM or Prae speed runs. I'd much rather run dungeons like AK and WP than CM and Prae, they're just so boring, especially Prae.

the fact that people can't get down hydra's simple mechanics makes me very very afraid to see what titan HM is going to be like...

seriously, i'm quite fearful.