Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    well for the sake of arguement, they did do high end graphics for 1.0 which blew everything out of the water, and gave even the current AAA games a run for their money still on fidelity, though in fairness, was more to do with SE uselessness with pc optimisation and a engine that wasnt designed for pc use, but thats SE still being bad at making PC games, bar ARR, which is the only Japanese game thats actually well made for PC.
    And it melted people's PC ... despite having a 20 player limit per area.

This is why they redid the whole engine and the art with it. Flower pots requiring 1k polygons and 150 lines of shader code is ... excessive.

I got a question I hope someone can answer.

I just recently got the standered ps4 version and got 30days added to my account. I was wanting to know if I turn around and decide to get the collectors edition will that also add 30days to my account.

I have the PC version and it gave 30days at the time I did it "A few months ago" and then I got this one a couple days ago. I am considering getting the collectors edition due to the bonus goodies it gives and the fact I am really enjoying FFXIV.

Dose anyone know if it will give me 30days? if not ill have to wait a month to get it since ill have to get a 60day time card next month.

Also dose the collector version still some with a authenticator.

I'm not seeing it in the list of stuff anymore. But it is in the disply pic.
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/fi...edition/114246

Ordering from Amazon will save me like $6 after tax lol.
    http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...4820Y2W2TXDDMT
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-04-20 at 01:25 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Question. Why would you buy/register a standard edition then go and buy/register a ce on the same psn? Seems pointless. You can upgrade your std edition to ce online and get in game items (no game time/physical items) if you want an auth why not get the free mobile app? Seems cheaper then spending $200 for two copies of the one game just to get an authenticator and 30days game time

As for ur question as if it'll work. No idea. I'd think maybe but psn might detect its same game and not let u register. Either that or square won't let you link 2x PS4 accounts so you can't carry your toons between accounts/2x sub fees. 1 for std and another lot for CE

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    Question. Why would you buy/register a standard edition then go and buy/register a ce on the same psn? Seems pointless. You can upgrade your std edition to ce online and get in game items (no game time/physical items) if you want an auth why not get the free mobile app? Seems cheaper then spending $200 for two copies of the one game just to get an authenticator and 30days game time

As for ur question as if it'll work. No idea. I'd think maybe but psn might detect its same game and not let u register. Either that or square won't let you link 2x PS4 accounts so you can't carry your toons between accounts/2x sub fees. 1 for std and another lot for CE
    it would be $125 Plus tax if u add both together and that is about $25-$30 cheaper if u compare it to like ESO's Collector edition.

I didn't want to drop near $90 if I was going to get bored with the game in a week so I got the standered for $40.

Also I don't buy the online version because I don't like linking my my card to a lot of things. I always try to get a hard copy if I can even if it cost slightly more. Also I love collecting games so that is another reason why I like hard copys.

I figured if u take away the cost of the auth that makes the collector $80+the $40 I spent for the standered version. Then $12 for the 30days now that $80 is $77.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/fi...-reborn/113929
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-04-20 at 02:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I got a question I hope someone can answer.

I just recently got the standered ps4 version and got 30days added to my account. I was wanting to know if I turn around and decide to get the collectors edition will that also add 30days to my account.

I have the PC version and it gave 30days at the time I did it "A few months ago" and then I got this one a couple days ago. I am considering getting the collectors edition due to the bonus goodies it gives and the fact I am really enjoying FFXIV.

Dose anyone know if it will give me 30days? if not ill have to wait a month to get it since ill have to get a 60day time card next month.

Also dose the collector version still some with a authenticator.

I'm not seeing it in the list of stuff anymore. But it is in the disply pic.
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/fi...edition/114246

Ordering from Amazon will save me like $6 after tax lol.
    http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...4820Y2W2TXDDMT
    I believe there is a way to upgrade...Buuut you could say add a PS3 version and yes extra 30 days

- - - Updated - - -

it would be $125 Plus tax if u add both together and that is about $25-$30 cheaper if u compare it to like ESO's Collector edition.

I didn't want to drop near $90 if I was going to get bored with the game in a week so I got the standered for $40.

Also I don't buy the online version because I don't like linking my my card to a lot of things. I always try to get a hard copy if I can even if it cost slightly more. Also I love collecting games so that is another reason why I like hard copys.

I figured if u take away the cost of the auth that makes the collector $80+the $40 I spent for the standered version. Then $12 for the 30days now that $80 is $77.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/fi...-reborn/113929
    Ooooh PHYSICAL CE ok ok yeah...I honestly dunno...I mean you might be able to but meh...

Also sorry I haven't been on much rough day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ooooh PHYSICAL CE ok ok yeah...I honestly dunno...I mean you might be able to but meh...

Also sorry I haven't been on much rough day.
    Well it dose say it comes with 30days soooo if I have to ill contact support and I'm sure they will add it. If not then ill just buy a 60day card a few days later.

I am enjoying FFXIV and I feel its worth the money I have put into it and will put into it soo. Like I said take $15 off for the 30days and $6 for the auth that is $21 off of $85 making it $64. Now add that $64 to my already spent $40 for the standered that makes it $104 before tax. That is less then ESO or most game collector editions.

Two mounts if u go off of WoW price's is $20 each and a couple pets.

Also I am digging the sound track so thats a nice bonus

All the music in FFXIV feels like a Mix of all other FF music with a few extra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it dose say it comes with 30days soooo if I have to ill contact support and I'm sure they will add it. If not then ill just buy a 60day card a few days later.

I am enjoying FFXIV and I feel its worth the money I have put into it and will put into it soo. Like I said take $15 off for the 30days and $6 for the auth that is $21 off of $85 making it $64. Now add that $64 to my already spent $40 for the standered that makes it $104 before tax. That is less then ESO or most game collector editions.

Two mounts if u go off of WoW price's is $20 each and a couple pets.

Also I am digging the sound track so thats a nice bonus

All the music in FFXIV feels like a Mix of all other FF music with a few extra.
    You should reallly get the blu ray soundtracks as well man...Expensive as sin but soooo worth it...

You should reallly get the blu ray soundtracks as well man...Expensive as sin but soooo worth it...
    Not to promote my own video but I am totally going to upload this video of me soloing the Giant Enemy Crab FATE LOL.

I fought that dam thing for a couple mins before someone finally joined and helped kill it. I love my class just have my pet tank stuff and I heal it and dps. Was just cool watching my Topaz Carbuncle tank it as I played Healer and Dps

But ya I'm going to get the collector edition for all the goodies I feel its worth the cost even tho I did get standered version.

I guess you can only count the first 2-3mins of the fight as a Solo LOL.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-04-20 at 03:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I just returned today with a strong urge to play it(though i've been paying for it all along, was happy to get a huge mount in the main), got on my max level WHM with decent 50 gear (55 "ilvl") and did a low level duty roulette. Got Cutter's Cry, went pretty smooth. Multiple questions though.

-Fastest way for a semi-decent maybe rusty on lots of fights WHM to grind out as much ToS as possible per week?
    -Safe to queue for hard mode trials now? Or are people still failing pretty hard at standing out the obvious. Not asking for carries, though I'll probably get carried through 1-2 before I get the grasp of them myself, but just hoping it's not as derp as it was when I left 4 months ago.
    -And just for getting up-to-par gear/gear for my actual class (I have Warlock's Hat, belt, pants and feet equipped with Healer's Robe and Gloves, and Darklight Choker of Healing, and my accessories are all white 49s) I'm thinking of accessories first, getting those blue, and my first ToS buy shall also be one of those since one of them happens to be BiS. Question here is which beginner end game dungeon is best for grinding those, randoms, AV, or Wander's Palace? Also is there a point in doing CM and The Praetorium, I did them both before I left, but forgot what exactly they rewarded, iirc, they give less token for one run than it would griding one of the level 50 dungeons over and over within the same time.

Thanks in advanced! Game is pretty fun, was playing Tera, but might aswell stick to this game, since I'm still paying for it, and have a decently geared max level.

I so badly want this soundtrack but *shakes fist at square enix* let us Australian's buy it!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    -Fastest way for a semi-decent maybe rusty on lots of fights WHM to grind out as much ToS as possible per week?
    Fastest way to get your ToS is probably do both trial roulette, high level roulette and expert roulette while do your beast tribe dailies.
    Expert roulette is unlocked by completing all 3 of Lost City of Amdapor, Hatali hard mode, Brayflox hard mode.
    Trial roulette is unlocked by completing all the trials.

-Safe to queue for hard mode trials now? Or are people still failing pretty hard at standing out the obvious. Not asking for carries, though I'll probably get carried through 1-2 before I get the grasp of them myself, but just hoping it's not as derp as it was when I left 4 months ago.
    You get Echo buff now. Every fail try that lasted a decent amount of time will grant you extra 5% damage, healing, health, so eventually fight becomes easier and easier. However it has minimal effect on Titan hard if people still get hit by Landslide.

-And just for getting up-to-par gear/gear for my actual class (I have Warlock's Hat, belt, pants and feet equipped with Healer's Robe and Gloves, and Darklight Choker of Healing, and my accessories are all white 49s) I'm thinking of accessories first, getting those blue, and my first ToS buy shall also be one of those since one of them happens to be BiS. Question here is which beginner end game dungeon is best for grinding those, randoms, AV, or Wander's Palace? Also is there a point in doing CM and The Praetorium, I did them both before I left, but forgot what exactly they rewarded, iirc, they give less token for one run than it would griding one of the level 50 dungeons over and over within the same time.
    Do the new expert dungeon as soon as your ilevel allows you as they drop ilevel70 gear. Then you can use ToM to buy some other pieces while saving up ToS for pieces that you really want.

I got the Blue Ray sound track, it is pretty good, the music quality better than the internet rip I got, but I am slightly upset as they don't include any of the tracks in 2.2, so I will have to wait for the next sound track for the Leviathan battle theme

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Grymm just 1 point away from ilvl 55 and then I can start queuing with confidence for hardmodes. I should probably get around to doing a relic reborn since I'll be doing trials anyway.

Deleted
    a word of note the fastest way possible is right now speed running brayflox hm the first 2 bosses then quit (but I would recommend a non duty finder party for it and anyway the dungeon takes 15 mins to complete 20 mins if not speed running

I sincerely wish the combat was more, idk, faster paced and stable/flowed as good as WoW's does.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonsurge View Post
    I sincerely wish the combat was more, idk, faster paced and stable/flowed as good as WoW's does.
    I personally feel the combat is smooth. Using both a Ps4 controller and Keyboard/Mouse.

Question:How many times can u loot hardmode dungeons and really any level 50 dungeon per day/week?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel the combat is smooth. Using both a Ps4 controller and Keyboard/Mouse.

Question:How many times can u loot hardmode dungeons and really any level 50 dungeon per day/week?
    As much as you want can even get gear for other classes...The LATEST raids are another matter. In those you get one drop a week for say Crystal tower when new(may be lifted for next floor who knows) and for coil whatever you win but can only do each floor once..

That said coil 1-5 and Crystal Tower are not new and have had the drop limits removed. Coil is also being nerfed. Errr 1-5

As far as tomes go(think honor and justice) there is a 450 cap on soldiery(the new hot shit) the original philo has been swapped out fir myth(the old hot shit) and you can earn unlimited myth and thus ILV 90 gear..mWhich used to be on par with raid gear ILV wise...

As much as you want can even get gear for other classes...The LATEST raids are another matter. In those you get one drop a week for say Crystal tower when new(may be lifted for next floor who knows) and for coil whatever you win but can only do each floor once..

That said coil 1-5 and Crystal Tower are not new and have had the drop limits removed. Coil is also being nerfed. Errr 1-5

As far as tomes go(think honor and justice) there is a 450 cap on soldiery(the new hot shit) the original philo has been swapped out fir myth(the old hot shit) and you can earn unlimited myth and thus ILV 90 gear..mWhich used to be on par with raid gear ILV wise...
    Cool. So to sum it up new content gets a once a week limit and old is unlimited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. So to sum it up new content gets a once a week limit and old is unlimited.
    Pretty much yeah. Though you still gotta run old to hit new...Sooo no matter your style you'll be seeing it all.

Pretty much yeah. Though you still gotta run old to hit new...Sooo no matter your style you'll be seeing it all.
    Cool beans.

Decided to resub to this game recently (Been playing with Envy-Dath'remar, as she got the PS4 version. I'm sticking to PC). A few questions: Low level dungeon roulette and guildhest roulette queues seem quite short/tolerable, but when I tried a main scenario roulette queue, I was in the queue for almost 90 minutes (As DPS monk). Is that normal? Seems a bit excessive if its trying to encourage people to reply the main scenarios. The actual dungeon itself didn't take too long, but a 90 minute to get in wasn't worth the 90 myth badges or whatever they are. (Especially with a 6 quest daily limit)

(EDIT: Found some more info on crystal tower, edited this question out)

(EDIT: Discovered what I was doing wrong re: glamors, so I've again edited my question out)

4th: Same sorta question, but with materia. Assuming I've already equipped all the gear I'd like to meld (Which i have), is it possible for other players to meld my materia in (I don't actually want to do this or pay for it, but I'm just curious really)

I was also a little saddened to see that housing still feels completely out of reach. Admittedly I'm on what I believe is a fairly big and busy server (Tonberry), but it feels like a bit of a gyp when I see the insane prices and barely any empty plots, more so when I see the "housing" section of crafted stuff in my crafting logs.

When/if personally housing comes out (I believe all the housing out now is still "free company" yea?) that its not Aion style in the cloud instanced apartments( "Hey look at this cool neighborhood with houses you can visit. Awsome eh? Fun? Well, unless you're gonna grind like crazy and play the AH, bugger off to your instanced apartament that no one but you can see")
    Last edited by Icaras; 2014-04-21 at 12:26 PM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom