Deleted
    Where to get the Free Trial? http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com just redirects me to the Square Enix Page...

Edit: Now it works, they were a little slow I guess.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...riend_recruit/

I want that mount so bad! I'm happy to see they added recruit a friend

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    For the world traveler out there - They opened the Cafe Eorzea in Tokyo yesterday.

http://www.pasela.co.jp/paselabo_shop/ff_eorzea/

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    For the world traveler out there - They opened the Cafe Eorzea in Tokyo yesterday.

http://www.pasela.co.jp/paselabo_shop/ff_eorzea/
    A quick Google search showed Yoshi in the waiter's uniform. Not that I'd be traveling there anytime soon, but I was kinda hoping the staff would wear more Eorzean style clothing instead of just a white button down shirt with Final Fantasy on the back.

edit: I also assume they'll be playing ambient game music, which would be awesome.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2014-08-02 at 12:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decided to pick FFXIV back up for a bit, was wondering if y'all had any recommendations on server? Preferably a well populated server. Thanks!

Deleted
    I tried it out today and made it to Level7 and bow is this Game bad. It took like 1 hour until I got a real quest. Before that it had like 43 Cutscenes and Dialogue. And boy the Races are pretty much even worse than in Aion or Tera. I played a Male Caster and I looked like a fucking clown after 30mins with Yellow Wizardhat, Yellow Robe that looks like its filled with stuff and fucking SANDALS!
    And the fucking Game asked me if I want to play with a Gamepad, are they fucking serious? A fucking Gamepad for a MMO?

It seems like the game may simply not be for you - which hardly makes it 'bad'. As it's a Final Fantasy game it can be pretty story heavy but I wouldn't consider that to be a terrible thing. Plus you've only gotten to level 7. As with every MMO the early stuff is effectively an extended tutorial. Once your character gets stronger you unlock more and more content and the gear ends up looking a lot better. I'd say that the game really starts to pick up at level 15 which is when dungeons are unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    I tried it out today and made it to Level7 and bow is this Game bad. It took like 1 hour until I got a real quest. Before that it had like 43 Cutscenes and Dialogue. And boy the Races are pretty much even worse than in Aion or Tera. I played a Male Caster and I looked like a fucking clown after 30mins with Yellow Wizardhat, Yellow Robe that looks like its filled with stuff and fucking SANDALS!
    And the fucking Game asked me if I want to play with a Gamepad, are they fucking serious? A fucking Gamepad for a MMO?
    Quit the game now.

- This game is developed with PS3 and PS4 in mind, therefore controller is supported and designed with it.
    - This game will continue to be cut scenes heavy, you even get dungeon later with like 4-5 in 1 dungeon.
    - you will pretty much be wearing clown costume until Lv50 and earn the better gear

If you cannot deal with this, you better quit now.

I rather people like you quit than some of the people I know, log in everyday just to whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    These are all things you could have def found out by doing research, googling, or even looking in this thread or some others.

This game is very story heavy, and really everything you don't like about it stays and will keep continuing. This game simply isn't for you, and no amount of time put in will probably change your mind on dialogue and cut scenes.

I can't imagine someone would be that angry over a game ASKING you if you'd like to use a game pad option. It's not even making you do it. That and I'm assuming that this game has lit a fire under your butt due to the number of F-bomb dropped over the amount of game play you got between level 1 and level 7.

I finally get to return woot lol. Gamestop finally sells the timecodes....well they always have but the dam guy from before said they didn't lol.

Man this last patch was HUGE.

Also going from a 19inch TV 720p/1080i To a 32inch TV that is 1080p is going to be niceeeeeeee lol. I can read guild chat now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    That and I'm assuming that this game has lit a fire under your butt due to the number of F-bomb dropped over the amount of game play you got between level 1 and level 7.
    This is the first MMO in a long time I didn't mind doing quests. I think its because I was playing with a controller on the Ps4.

To me the game didn't really start to shine until level 15 and you got to do ur first dungeon. Those boss battles are fun and in later dungeons can be unforgiving to new groups.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-03 at 06:31 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    People have the right to critique the game however they want, the responses some of the posters here have been pretty awful, far worse then most threads of other games, very much like the official forums no less.
    No wonder I consider the FF14 community the worst one of the lot for mmos, no wonder so many people in this game stick to a small group of people they trust over anyone more so then any other game Ive come across, I do the same really, though heres hoping we get T8 down soon, got to 30% in just 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    People have the right to critique the game however they want, the responses some of the posters here have been pretty awful, far worse then most threads of other games, very much like the official forums no less.
    No wonder I consider the FF14 community the worst one of the lot for mmos, no wonder so many people in this game stick to a small group of people they trust over anyone more so then any other game Ive come across, I do the same really, though heres hoping we get T8 down soon, got to 30% in just 2 days.
    I don't know about the official forums but as for the ingame community I personally think its one of the best if not the best I have seen.

That is just my opinion tho and it could just depend the server ur on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    It seems like the game may simply not be for you - which hardly makes it 'bad'. As it's a Final Fantasy game it can be pretty story heavy but I wouldn't consider that to be a terrible thing. Plus you've only gotten to level 7. As with every MMO the early stuff is effectively an extended tutorial. Once your character gets stronger you unlock more and more content and the gear ends up looking a lot better. I'd say that the game really starts to pick up at level 15 which is when dungeons are unlocked.
    And dyes for gear lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I finally get to return woot lol. Gamestop finally sells the timecodes....well they always have but the dam guy from before said they didn't lol.

Man this last patch was HUGE.

Also going from a 19inch TV 720p/1080i To a 32inch TV that is 1080p is going to be niceeeeeeee lol. I can read guild chat now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the first MMO in a long time I didn't mind doing quests. I think its because I was playing with a controller on the Ps4.

To me the game didn't really start to shine until level 15 and you got to do ur first dungeon. Those boss battles are fun and in later dungeons can be unforgiving to new groups.
    And just in timr man I'll get you back in the FC if you want we have a house now too.

Deleted
    I don't know about the official forums but as for the ingame community I personally think its one of the best if not the best I have seen.

That is just my opinion tho and it could just depend the server ur on.
    servers are pretty similar, and the attitude displayed on the forums is pretty uniform to what you see on servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

And just in timr man I'll get you back in the FC if you want we have a house now too.
    Cool beans.

Ok are people really trolling the crystal tower raid or what. Just wiped like 7 times on bone dragon because people kept stacking the add's. They stacked them ether on the boss or somewhere else...

Edit: Also what is the name of the FC again? Just so I don't join a random one.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-03 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool beans.

Ok are people really trolling the crystal tower raid or what. Just wiped like 7 times on bone dragon because people kept stacking the add's. They stacked them ether on the boss or somewhere else...

Edit: Also what is the name of the FC again? Just so I don't join a random one.
    Yeah i think they are it is outdated now with Syrcus Tower which drops ILV 100 gear one piece per week. Then with myth even easier and the hunts ilv 90 isn't so hard(though only like 89 or 86 on my main classes but i don't hunt farm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    People have the right to critique the game however they want, the responses some of the posters here have been pretty awful
    How so?

From what he says, sounds like this isn't the game for him, I am trying to agree with him so he won't cause more headache to himself.

If anything I am doing him a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah i think they are it is outdated now with Syrcus Tower which drops ILV 100 gear one piece per week. Then with myth even easier and the hunts ilv 90 isn't so hard(though only like 89 or 86 on my main classes but i don't hunt farm)
    CT is fun tho lol

10+ Year Old Account
    CT is fun tho lol
    LOL I SOOOOO AGREE! LOVE CT! ST isn;t as fun as CT but can be pretty fun.

I'm very fond of both CT and ST - which is good, since I've yet to see anything drop in the latter case for my Dragoon.