10+ Year Old Account
    Well, then that's an issue, lol.

I just only want the Y'shtola one. So adorable looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few note worthy items (IMO):

- Coil 2 will have the same echo period phase in like the 1st Coil, but after a few weeks they will also introduce some slight nerf: for example in T7, if you get petrified you may not die instantly.

- potential of dying Coil gear, they didn't answer it but said got some plan in the future regarding this.

- NIN will need MNK as subjob, and will leech abilities from MNK and DRG

- NIN will share gear with MNK however main stat will be DEX? (many are confused on this one)

- Golden Saucer will be in 2.55, so far chocobo breeding and racing showed.

- Shiva battle theme is not the one played on her trailer, it is actually really nice rock styled (like the Levy one).

- it will be possible to enter Coil once you cleared it for the week to help out some FC members, however there may be restriction on this?

Did I miss much note worthy items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Think that's the main ones, yes.

Well, you could include some of the PvP stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    - PvP ranks will be increased with more reward.

- in 2.5, they planning to "add some rules" to PvP but did not disclose any more info.

- there will be more re-balancing, new maps and area in 2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and on Cash Shop:

- on grand opening, items available will be:
    - Fantasia
    - Last year's Halloween customs
    - Companions for Y'shtola, Yda and Papalymo ($5 each)
    - Odin's mount (price not disclosed)

- Yoshi P made the point of "no pay to win", all items on there will be cosmetic, mounts and companions only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    - PvP ranks will be increased with more reward.

- in 2.5, they planning to "add some rules" to PvP but did not disclose any more info.

- there will be more re-balancing, new maps and area in 2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and on Cash Shop:

- on grand opening, items available will be:
    - Fantasia
    - Last year's Halloween customs
    - Companions for Y'shtola, Yda and Papalymo ($5 each)
    - Odin's mount (price not disclosed)

- Yoshi P made the point of "no pay to win", all items on there will be cosmetic, mounts and companions only.
    I hope they're giftable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    what is new regarding housing?
    Seconding this question.

Is the final coil going to require 2nd coil clear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    How do the usual roles work in group content? I hear tanking is a threat game, but what are DPS, Healing, & Tanking REALLY like? Also, is there PvP? never saw any mention of it anywhere.
    Tanking: threat game, some offtank DPS & support debuffs from warrior.
    Healing: The usual, threat and mana are involved, HoT on pull or excessive AoE heal WILL command the mob to inspect your gear.
    DPS: Threat game. Do as much as you can w/o pulling aggro. Like WoW in the good old days. Omen/KTM are included in the game which is awesome.

PvP: No clue, never gave a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Is the final coil going to require 2nd coil clear?
    Most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Most likely
    great, I won't be able to do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Tanking: threat game, some offtank DPS & support debuffs from warrior.
    Healing: The usual, threat and mana are involved, HoT on pull or excessive AoE heal WILL command the mob to inspect your gear.
    DPS: Threat game. Do as much as you can w/o pulling aggro. Like WoW in the good old days. Omen/KTM are included in the game which is awesome.

PvP: No clue, never gave a shit.
    I had the impression it was a lot like Vanilla WoW in terms of threat, the bosses I've seen in the trailers look pretty intense in terms of spells & effects flying everywhere, is it as hectic as it looks?

I'm glad that they're going with reasonable costs for their cash shop items. If we're lucky it'll catch on and other MMO's will stop charging ridiculous amounts for cosmetic goodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the impression it was a lot like Vanilla WoW in terms of threat, the bosses I've seen in the trailers look pretty intense in terms of spells & effects flying everywhere, is it as hectic as it looks?
    Not really. 2.5s GCD makes the classes rather slow.
    Game is absolutely merciless if you don't show proper and FAST movement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    great, I won't be able to do it
    Coil 3 will require Coil 2 clear.

Coil 2 will be able to be queued via DF (like the first one when 2.2 launched), and Echo buff will start to apply over time from 5% up to 20% (again, like 2.2).

However there will be extra nerf this time round, most like after a good 5-6 weeks of 2.4, this time nerf instant kill mechanics. For example T7, if you are petrified, you are dead instantly, but they will make it so that you won't instantly die after this special nerf. This nerf is to help instant kill mechanics that cannot be overcome by Echo alone. So in time you are likely to be able to enter Coil 3 eventually.

In terms of your character's rotation - no, as mentioned the game has a 2.5sec GCD, while at lower level feels slow, it feels right when you enter raiding and watch out for all the mechanics. Remember, there are no standard DBM here, so most people have to watch mechanics and timers themselves. There is FFXIVApp but only few use it for DBM purpose, most only use it as a Recount.

In terms of boss mechanics - it can be hectic. A lot of unforgiving special that require you to look fast and act fast. While dps is quite loosely tuned, mechanics while arguably easy and obvious (most attacks you can see the damage zone, and you know the pattern of the attacks), getting hit most of the time means death or wipes.

Have a look at Turn 7, it is relatively easy fight, and the mechanics are obvious, however many mechanics that will instantly wipe the group if not done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Coil 3 will require Coil 2 clear.

Coil 2 will be able to be queued via DF (like the first one when 2.2 launched), and Echo buff will start to apply over time from 5% up to 20% (again, like 2.2).

However there will be extra nerf this time round, most like after a good 5-6 weeks of 2.4, this time nerf instant kill mechanics. For example T7, if you are petrified, you are dead instantly, but they will make it so that you won't instantly die after this special nerf. This nerf is to help instant kill mechanics that cannot be overcome by Echo alone. So in time you are likely to be able to enter Coil 3 eventually.
    Well I haven't done any 2nd coil at all yet but pug groups for first coil when I started playing again in 2.2 was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. People could not even manage conflagrate properly let alone do divebombs and twisters correctly. Took me ages to finally get it. Not really looking forward to doing all of that again to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, sorry but, T9 is worse.

T9 isn't so bad but there are so many things that can wipe you, from anyone in the group.

- drop 2 meteor near each other: wipe
    - any of the 3 golems get near each other: wipe
    - same golem eat more than 3 meteor: wipe
    - all 3 golem died before all meteor eaten: wipe
    - slow killing of the add: wipe
    - badly placed Super Nova: wipe
    - people that cannot handle the ice, fire, and Thunder debuff correctly: wipe
    - people messes up the divebomb (this one is harder than the T5 divebomb): wipe

But yeah as long as non of the above happens (and the list only contained wipe mechanics, I already didn't include mechanics that will kill a single person clean off), and dps meets the dps checks, you got yourself a T9 kill....

EDIT: maybe the special nerf after a few weeks will nerf all these instant wipe mechanics.

I still need to complete Turn 5 in the first coil. I know what to do but it's so difficult to find a group that's willing to stick it out until the duty is completed. I've had a similar issue with Ultima (Hard).

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I did Turn 5 was 9 months ago. =\

We were able to get it to dive bomb pretty consistently and once in a while last phase, but mehhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Last time I did Turn 5 was 9 months ago. =\

We were able to get it to dive bomb pretty consistently and once in a while last phase, but mehhhhhh.
    I'm hoping that there will be a point where it can effectively just be cleared by pretty much any group simply by heavily outgearing the encounter. That might actually be the case already - I did a Garuda (Hard) encounter the other day and the DPS was so high that the group skipped a number of her phases/attacks entirely.

Ideally I'd like to do it properly but at this point I'm pretty desperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Halloween outfit for my Blackmage: