15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    actualy from what i read, the dressing up as evil spirits was to confuse witches and the candy was to make sure they wouldnt curse the person living in said house. nowadays its just to get candy, dress as a slut and get hammered
    I wouldn't be surprised if I was mixing it up with something else/misremembering. 7am whoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got enough commendations (501) for Gilded Magitek Armor, looked at it for a moment and started using my chocobo again. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh. Yeah I don't particularly like it either.

Finally got enough commendations (501) for Gilded Magitek Armor
    I don't like the big mounts in general, just clog up the screen IMO, much prefer the smaller mounts. I used the Cavalry Drake for a long time until I started getting the Ex Primal ponies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did they change Sword Oath on the way to 60 to make it "pimp" abilities or sth? (my pally is only 51)
    Because at 50 it only increases auto hit damage with makes it seem rather ... well ... super meh, compared to the flat 15% increase from Dark Side.

As for the "manual vs automatic" thing: So far I had to do that one in Dusk Vigil because I got scaled DPS. Yeah threat is a thing if DPS gear > tank gear. I couldn't use the osmosis combo b/c no chance in hell to maintain threat with it. Had to use the other combo and weave in Unleash regularly on larger groups (although I tend to do that anyway because lets face it: it looks badass. That button is always taunting me to press it. :O .

BTW: the reason why WoW tanking is "auto pilot" is that Blizzard realized that exponential player power curve and closely balanced tank/DPS aggro don't mix very well, which became evident when Blue equipped tanks tried to tank against raid DPS in Cata. Boy that was ugly, I tried it myself and it was so frustrating as a tank. You felt absolutely worthless. >.<

FF suffers from the same problem. Tanking against DPS 40 ilvl above you can already be a real pain (I'm dreading tanking NR/F against item level 200+ when I ding 60 with my DRK). Give it 2 more expansions and SE will have no choice but to do something about threats gear scaling.
    Sword Oath if far from meh. Try parsing yourself in shield oath, in no oath and in sword oath and see the difference between the 3 on a target dummy.
    I m around 680 in full shield oath, 750 in no oath and 890 in sword oath reaching above 1,1k in burst.

After a few big wins in the mini cactpot (triple 1,2,3 so 30k) I am on a streak of an average of 10 MGP profit per day

Still not sure though, people keep saying that paladins are horrible endgame, and I'm better off getting a warrior to max.

Yet I am currently levelling a GLD to 22 for Provoke, but if it's really that bad endgame (I won't be doing savage stuff for a while!) I am not sure if levelling it further is smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Sword Oath if far from meh. Try parsing yourself in shield oath, in no oath and in sword oath and see the difference between the 3 on a target dummy.
    I m around 680 in full shield oath, 750 in no oath and 890 in sword oath reaching above 1,1k in burst.
    If I remember correctly, SO gives you a flat -20% damage done (can't log in right now to verify) reduce in turn for "you do moar aggro and take less ouchies".
    While stancedancing surely will give you a little more personal DPS, you basically do that at the expense of your healers.

It stands to reason whether a few harder hitting autohits from the tank would make more sense than say, the healer having to heal less and being able to DPS more or you miscalculating (after all we tanks don't get the luxury of being able to see DPS creeping up BEFORE they actually gain aggro :/ ) and a real DPS having to throttle to not grab aggro.
    Unless bosses hit like wet noodles and you healer is bored wither way.^^

PS: Not trying to bash your views or anything, merely thinking out loud here, so further discussion is welcomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Still not sure though, people keep saying that paladins are horrible endgame, and I'm better off getting a warrior to max.
    Unless you progress bleeding edge world first stuff, all classes should be viable no problem.

If you level NOW, you will go into savage a month or so from now with a much higher itemlevel than the world first crowd.
    Also balancing is ongoing 3.1 comes in Nov.

The most important thing: The class you play has to be FUN to you. After all, this is a game!

Thanks

I love playing GLD, but I'm to used to the WoW mindset where it's pretty much:

"High end guild X uses these classes, so we are using these classes! if you are not any of these, you're not welcome." example: Shadow priest in Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    "High end guild X uses these classes, so we are using these classes! if you are not any of these, you're not welcome." example: Shadow priest in Mists.
    As an SPriest ex raider: I know that feeling. So happy it is much less prevalent in FF-XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Just throwing this out there.
    My small FC is openly accepting anyone on Odin.

If any of you are looking for a social FC to join, almost anyone can join.
    Can read more here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...25#post3369425
    Just throwing it out there, there is a seperate topic for that.

Just throwing it out there, there is a seperate topic for that.
    Wow, cool! Can you link me to it?
    Thanks!

EDIT: Nah i'll find it myself, but thanks either way!

Wish me luck, I've decided to push myself to complete the PLD relic weapon quest before 3.1...

The weapon itself is incentive enough since it looks pretty awesome. Plus at least as a tank the queues for the dungeon portions shouldn't be too bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Wish me luck, I've decided to push myself to complete the PLD relic weapon quest before 3.1...
    Have fun, reached Atmas and stopped there myself.

Tho.. I wonder how much "easier" the quest-chain is now compared to pre-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Have fun, reached Atmas and stopped there myself.

Tho.. I wonder how much "easier" the quest-chain is now compared to pre-expansion.
    It's a lot easier than it used to be but that isn't saying much when it ends up still being rather tedious. I'm on the book phase at the moment which is supposedly the worst part. After that it's mostly mindless grinding...

I do hope that the next relic quest is more engaging though. Yet I suspect it'll be more of the same - simply as a means of forcing players to go out into the world and tackle content that would otherwise be ignored.

Alright, I am just getting started on the original storyline. Do I need to be concerned about my DPS going into dungeons like Castrum Meridianum and so on?

I honestly wonder if the next relic quest chain will be easier at all if you have a Zeta. Reason being, before HW someone asked if there would be any reward or bonus for having all the classes to 50 before HW launched. IIRC the response when translated was very similar to what was translated regarding Zeta weapons. "Players who have all classes at 50 before HW will receive a small benefit when moving forward into HW," or something like that. I had all the classes to 50 before HW, and the only small benefit I can see is being able to move into HW with any the preexisting classes I chose.

I may be wrong, but I'm betting that the thing that's easier for those who had a Zeta weapon is nothing more than not having to replace it until around level 57-58.

Wait, you have to have the level 50 pre HW relic in order to get the relic in 3.1? I never did that, since I didn't start playing till a couple of months ago.

No, you don't actually need it to get the next relic weapon.

But many, many people who did have it were asking if there would be a continuation of the same quest line.
    Answer: no it's an all new quest line.
    And after learning that they then asked would having the ARR relic fully finished before the next relics came out yield any benefit.
    Answer: very vague mention of something being easier or some benefit you would get etc, but nothing at all concrete so we have no clue what it will actually be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If I remember correctly, SO gives you a flat -20% damage done (can't log in right now to verify) reduce in turn for "you do moar aggro and take less ouchies".
    While stancedancing surely will give you a little more personal DPS, you basically do that at the expense of your healers.

It stands to reason whether a few harder hitting autohits from the tank would make more sense than say, the healer having to heal less and being able to DPS more or you miscalculating (after all we tanks don't get the luxury of being able to see DPS creeping up BEFORE they actually gain aggro :/ ) and a real DPS having to throttle to not grab aggro.
    Unless bosses hit like wet noodles and you healer is bored wither way.^^

PS: Not trying to bash your views or anything, merely thinking out loud here, so further discussion is welcomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you progress bleeding edge world first stuff, all classes should be viable no problem.

If you level NOW, you will go into savage a month or so from now with a much higher itemlevel than the world first crowd.
    Also balancing is ongoing 3.1 comes in Nov.

The most important thing: The class you play has to be FUN to you. After all, this is a game!
    But the thing is its not views its a fact. Like I m doing savage and parsing myself andd you literaly have to be in sword oath most of the time if you wanna go as a PLD in there. The dps checks are real the dps cant carry you past A2 :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Weapon grind is easy peasy. Only part that is piss is the damned primae light grind. And you need roughly 3M gil for the Brave crafting stuff.

If you start out now I guess you could chinaman it till 3.1 but you will hate primaes after that. I'd recommend taking it easy as I am pretty sure they won't remove the chain in 3.1 giving you basically an infinite amount of time to complete it.

I did the grind for my WHM and while I do like the optics of the other weapons I can't be arsed to grind another 200+ Garudas/Ifrits. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    The dps checks are real the dps cant carry you past A2 :/
    Meh I'm sure SE will beef up pally damage eventually. Can't imagine that stance dance crap to be intentional when being the main tank.
    I always thought SwO was for the times when you are off tank and basically DPS.

Also wiping due to 200DPS on an 8 person raid? How tight are them savage enrages? Oo