We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
    Or even if someone doesn't run ahead, it's a risk. In that circumstance you describe, stepping out of an AoE can trigger a spawn trap.

Or when you're playing a healer or SMN (so a rez is available either way), the other 3 people over pull, plus hit a spawn trap, 2 of them die and the third thinks it's a great idea to run everything back to you. Instead of... y'know dying so they can then be safely rezzed at a distance. Nope, can't have that.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    From 151 up, it's actually quite fun because people can't just run through pulling every room and aoeing them down.
    I can imagine that, but my time is far too valuable to be wasted on the "you basically have to do 100 levels of mindless boredom if you fail".

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I can imagine that, but my time is far too valuable to be wasted on the "you basically have to do 100 levels of mindless boredom if you fail".
    Right. That's really the only beef I have with PotD. The whole "bads level up jobs via PotD and suck at them" complaint often attributed to PotD over the past year has easily existed for most of this game's lifetime...just have to swap out the phrase "PotD" with "FATE grinding".

At least with PotD, I haven't literally fallen asleep at the keyboard when leveling alts...

As odd as it sounds, I actually like that part of PotD. Then again, I do have a love of Rogue-like mechanics, of which perma-death (of a sort) is one. I'm something of a purist when it comes to these things.

I look at it as an opportunity to start again with a new group and a new Job. Mixing things up a little adds some variety to it. Then again PotD is one of the best parts of FF 14 for me. It feels like a solid prototype for a good Rogue-Like MMO for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Forum post regarding the NA datacenter move

Full text:

Based on the information provided, I have no doubt it's being moved to a data center further west. Personally, I'd hope it ends up in the central US, but even if it ends up on the west coast, I don't believe I'll see a major impact. For our players in Europe over on Primal/Aether, though, this "could" stink a bit, but I'd say it's better to wait and see what happens before jumping off into the deep end proclaiming the game unplayable due to ping/lag because of the move (before it even occurs).
    Ugh I hope its not somewhere in California. Canada is a huge country and that's a pretty sizable distance... I have friends who play from Nova Scotia and anywhere near the west coast would be close to unplayable to them if there was to be any congestion along the way.

As a European player who committed to Balmung before the European servers existed I have to admit to being worried. I have friends on Balmung, it's where the role-playing community has settled and I am lucky enough to own a house there. At present I don't suffer much in the way of connection issues. I didn't when I lived in England and it's the same now that I live in Scotland. I've been able to tackle movement intensive fights such as Sophia (EX) without any lag. I can load into Idyllshire at peak times and not be stuck on a loading screen for ages and I can show up to world bosses with hundreds of players attacking all and once and not suffer any performance issues.

So I am hopeful that things will continue to be fine for me and that investing in this 'WTFast' thing I've heard about may mitigate any problems that arise. On the other hand, if it ends up being something that prevents me from tackling content effectively then I guess I will have to move...which is tricky due to the limit of only being able to transfer a set amount of gil over to another server with one's character. I also suspect that things will be much worse for my European friends on Balmung who live even further away from America by comparison.

Man, i'm so glad Chaos datacenter ended up going to france, the days of uk to north america ping made titan and isgebind unplayable for me in 2.0. I actually had to learn a waltz timing of 1.2.3.4 aaand move because i would only see plumes after they one shot me. I ended up using a WTFast trial to beat him. Now both are fine. Going back to that would be a complete nightmare. Rip "balmung yuros" ;_;7

- - - Updated - - -

So i'm helping a friend through ARR content and since they are a completionist like me they want to beat all the quests. We ended up at Ifrit Extreme and Second Coil. Not wanting to suffer like G did we went with Ifrit and hoo boy what a party we got.

Needless to say a BLM that didnt watch when he was bombed and wanted to play pingpong, a MNK that didnt understand the concept of stopping the dps and so on made for lot of wipes and in the end i was the last man standing and with a lvl.3 NIN limit break killed him WITH 16 SECONDS LEFT.

I have never had a timer that close and come out the victor, but now onto second coil synched in party finder for them.

Yaayyy.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    killed him WITH 16 SECONDS LEFT.
    I have never had a timer that close and come out the victor.
    Oh I've seen plenty on the dot (0 seconds left) enrage and even a few "cheese a few seconds into the actual enrage" kills (esp first kills) in my time as a raider.

Boom ZURVEX DOWN! And skipped soar
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

Oh I've seen plenty on the dot (0 seconds left) enrage and even a few "cheese a few seconds into the actual enrage" kills (esp first kills) in my time as a raider.
    no not enrage, 16 seconds on the duty timer
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Another emergency mission, another failure. ;_;

I don't even want a weapon from it, just the achievement from completing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    no not enrage, 16 seconds on the duty timer
    Yikes :O
    Okay, that's harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Another emergency mission, another failure. ;_;
    Did it once, next attempt failed due lack of people and since then haven't even gone there.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0Ghz | CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    MB: Asus Maximus VII Ranger | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W |
    SSD: 128GB | HDD: 1TB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3-1600 | OS: Win 10 Home -64 |

So Savage lockout is being removed right? Did they mention anything about tome gear and void ark? Either way going to be nice to just ran Savage Creator non stop to gear up my few specs that are left.
    Last edited by Aruhen; Yesterday at 05:25 PM.

I have a 100% success rate on emergency missions. Did it once, never returned. Too much rng for a weapon. Will emergency mission succeed. Will i get one, will it be for a class i use, will it suck. Achievment and get out is a good plan, good luck with that

Welp productive day in FF14 for me. Zurvex down, reached floor 7 of Aquapolis for the first time at last and made a truckload of gil to boot. Saving for a Shirogane house when they open.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Did it once, next attempt failed due lack of people and since then haven't even gone there.
    people use diadem for something other than free rank V materia?