15+ Year Old Account

In need of few tips

Hello,
    I've been playing rogue for 6 years now but always enjoyed paladins and lvled 3 during these years (currently 70, 81 and 85)
    Raided in Vanilla, TBC and a bit WotLK on alt raids, but never as Ret mostly cos having a melee as main led me to try something different so only as Holy.
    In some way I find myself now playing as casual and have it as main and wanted to ask few tips about rotation and so on (browsed a bit around but still have some questions)

About rotation I use FCFS and having a rogue as main I see Inquisition as Slice and Dice so my question is:
    Should I keep it up 100% of the time and activate it when I have 1 Holy Power or only with 3? Isn't it a dps loss since I could use TV?
    Haven't raided yet but should I go all out when the fight starts or a bit later? In heroics after pull I go like 3HP Zealotry TV CS Inquisition and then CDs (AV-Guardian-Cons).
    So far I've been doing an avg of 15k-17k dps and 20k-25k on bosses if RNG is good, are those numbers good enough for raids as Ret nowdays? Haven't raided at all since Ulduar times.
    Last thing about stats, got Hit and Exp capped, what should I go for now? Crit or Haste?
    Do you have any good add-ons to suggest?

Here's the armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnjob/advanced

Hope those questions aren't dumb but even with some browsing I wasn't sure about those points.

-Thanks
    roguein' since '05

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye I've read it time ago but wanted some more opinions on an 'open' forum.
    roguein' since '05

10+ Year Old Account
    I use to never keep up Inquisition because DPS is my off-spec and I'm lazy, but, lately I've been trying to keep it up and I do notice a significant increase in my DPS.

So, no, I don't think keeping up Inquisition is really a DPS loss, even if you aren't using TV. I don't know how lucky you are with procs (RNG sucks) but I tend to never really see any DPS loss because my procs are pretty consistent.

As for stats, it's my understanding (which could be wrong) that crit/haste is dependent upon your gear level. I think at lower levels you want crit, but I think haste may pull ahead at certain item levels. I could be wrong though.

I would suggest though to never enchant for hit/exp. Your bracers have precision and I would change that. Reforge to get to hit cap.

You would use Inquistion as prio with 3HoPo.. It increases your DPS by quite a lot, make it a part of your rotation. Activate on 3HoPo as it would be a GCD loss using it with 1.

You should always be keeping Inquisition up. Common practice is to refresh it when it has under 3 seconds left and only refresh it with 3 hp (unless you have the 4pc t11 which you do not.) The MAX amount of time you want Inquisition to be down is 2-3 seconds.

As for opening rotation (since you do not have 4pc t12 either) should be something like this:

Pop GoAK off the bat
    Go through your normal rotation until 3 hp (This is to let the stacking strength buff from GoAK get higher before you pop your big CDs)
    At 3 hp hit Zealotry/Avenging Wrath > Inquisition > Any on use trinkets/pots/engi gloves etc

As for stat priorities, after hit and exp cap, Mastery > Crit > Haste.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You want as close to 100% uptime as you can get with Inquisition, while still using it at 3 HP only. If you get a Divine Purpose proc, and notice you only have a second or two left on Inq, it's okay to clip it. Otherwise just make sure you are Crusader Striking whenever it comes off cooldown to maximize HP income. Even if you have a DP proc up, and can TV, if CS is off cooldown, use it first. The priority list in the EJ link posted is spot on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips, and about stats is there a mastery cap that after it I should start to reforge crit?
    roguein' since '05

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevil View Post
    Thanks for the tips, and about stats is there a mastery cap that after it I should start to reforge crit?
    Not really. As far as I know, mastery doesn't suffer from diminishing returns, so the more the better really.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with 1 or 2 holy power Inquisitions, if used wisely. The more you clip with less hp, the bigger the waste, but empty GCDs used on lower HP inquisitions are just extra opportunities for DP procs, and you may have filler up for the GCD later on where the 3 HP Inq would have gone.

That said, if you have a proper rotation going, you will almost always have 3 HP within a few seconds of Inq falling off.