Legendary Quest help.

Hey so I'm on Delegation. I got the Rhyolith and Shannox piece, Aly will be fine it just dies too fast, but on Beth'Tilac, whenever I was trying to do my thing it didn't seem to work. I'd go up, drop what needed to be dropped, go back down, then I would either teleport back up or take a rope, and the item I need to loot just isn't there. Anyone else having problems like this? The guy in line before me had similar problems on the Beth portion too, but doesn't know what he really did to make it finally work. Any suggestions?

It's there you just can't remember where you put it.

Tell the RL to give you assist and drop a raid marker where you're gonna drop the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep. mark it with a raid marker. other items that would work might be the tol barad searchlight, smoke flares, those elune things with the light shining down, even a picnic basket. won't despawn for a minute or so, you have plenty of time. just make sure you know where to look - hint: right where you where when you used the focus.

edit: when i did it, i dropped it just before devastation and went up right after the tank and healer. i didn't bother to go up to dps the boss, just loot the item and drop back down to help on adds.

I would usually mark the spot with my teleporter. Maybe I'll screw with my graphics and see if that's why I couldn't see it, but I DID see the other ones. What option affects those items?

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you turn off projected textures you won't see stuff on the ground like hunter frost traps, dk dnd, etc. easiest way to do it would be to just put it some distance from the boss. when i did it i accidentally put it right underneath the boss and it took a bit to loot it because it was right under the spiders ass.

if beth decides to drop one of those fiery meteor things on it you might have trouble spotting it.

edit - they don't look the same as say the rhyolith ones or the shannox ones. they are more like flat pile of rocks or something like this, as opposed to shinies.

gl!

So to clarify, I can leave it anywhere up there and it'll get hit with what it needs to? And should I drop it during the cast for smoldering devastation or before that even? I'm just being thorough cause last week I opted to move on and stop wasting people's time and I'd like to not be fail this week. <_<

yes u can have it anywhere up there, but try not to be close from the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont drop it during smoldering devastation. drop it a few seconds before this. you have a minute or so at max after doing that to go and loot the charged focus. it will despawn eventually though, so don't put it off if you don't have to.

Oh yeah. I did it, it worked. I think the problem I was having is that Beth's hitbox is so big that I couldn't get the loot icon to show up, and since I wasn't sure it was even there I didn't try changing angles on it. But yeah it's like a small pile of rocks, but you might have to change your angle to beth to loot it if you have the same problem as me. <_<