Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Depends what class you're playing, and if you want to min/max.

If you're caster and just reforge hit until you hit cap then reforge intellect instead, you don't need a tool.
    But with my Rogue, Shadowcraft always did stupid things with my reforge to find 1 or 2 more dps.
    I giggled.

OT: There will be, as said, no hit rating or what so ever, since you will be able to manualy dodge incomming attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I giggled
    I only ever played a Rogue, and don't know shit about other classes.

But is it really necessary to be so passive aggressive? Can't you just politely correct someone?
    Or do you need to make smart ass comments to make your self feel superior to other people?

If you can't make an intellectual posts and just want to be abrasive, then why not go post on 4chan instead. Or alternatively just grow up...

Deleted
    I giggled.

OT: There will be, as said, no hit rating or what so ever, since you will be able to manualy dodge incomming attacks.
    It's always a good impression when your first post in a GW2 subject is totally pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I only ever played a Rogue, and don't know shit about other classes.
    You can only reforge secondary stats. Intellect is a primary stat, same as agility for rogues and strength for warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's always a good impression when your first post in a GW2 subject is totally pointless.
    How was my post pointless? I answered the OP's question, right? I know people said it before, but confirming something never killed someone.

You can only reforge secondary stats. Intellect is a primary stat, same as agility for rogues and strength for warriors.

How was my post pointless? I answered the OP's question, right? I know people said it before, but confirming something never killed someone.
    I'm guessing they're reacting to your "I giggled", not the answer to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Why do you even need to go to a website to do that? 5% hit for PVP 8-17% for pve depending on ranged/ melee dps.
    I play WoW not for maths, while at the same time wanting my character to do as much dps as possible. If you want to do schoolwork during your free time then be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I play WoW not for maths, while at the same time wanting my character to do as much dps as possible. If you want to do schoolwork during your free time then be my guest.
    It fucking tells you one the tool tips...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Well, in 4th Edition there is no critical miss chart anymore, so no more weapons being dropped, unless the DM wants it. And the attack role of the D20 doesn't represent just personal skill, it's also luck and the skill/luck of your target. And I think Armor Class is generally described as the difficulty in getting past armor, be it penetrating the armor or getting past the enemies parries and dodges. I generally narrate misses as either blocks, dodges or the attack being blunted by the armor.

And in WoW it might not really make sense now, but it probably was the easiest way to simulate combat with 40 players seven years ago.
    That would have been nice when I played (havent played since colage, should look around and see if theres some local groups to get into) As funny as it was the first couple of times you or a buddie shot themselves in the foot with an arrow or somehow loped off their own arm due to a couple of 1's it was prety unrealistic and anoying when the dice decided to hate you. I remember one DM that liked to random everything including what happend on a crit miss(droped weapon, hit something else) hit location and anythign else you could think of. One particularly bizarr string of rolls resulted in my ranger shooting himself in the ass. At least he narrated it as a bungled shot that ricocheted a couple of times to land there but was still one of those /boggle moments.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Eh, if you think having to look at a line of text that clearly shows how many percent you have is "schoolwork", then all I can say is I feel sorry for you.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    One particularly bizarr string of rolls resulted in my ranger shooting himself in the ass. At least he narrated it as a bungled shot that ricocheted a couple of times to land there but was still one of those /boggle moments.
    Heh, must have been one hell of a job trying to get it out! :P

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am also glad skills like "hit" and "spell pen" arn't in GW2. By not having these mechanics anet has in another way raised that bar of "skilled player" versus the "been playing longer player" model that other mmo's share.

As stated above GW2 is not about a "priority rotation," it IS about reacting to a situation. By simplifying the stats, players won't have to number crunch to get the best out of their profession. How players will get better is by *gasp* playing their character.
    - Die a few times (or a lot).
    - See how little damage you can take.
    - See what damage you can completely avoid while taking out every enemy in the immediate area.

Players will get to practice all of these things themselves which is infinatly more fun than number crunching to "avoid damage" or "do more damage." If I want to number crunch, I'll go balance my checkbook.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's a dice roll mechanic. It still harkens back to table top role playing games.
    Exactly. It makes sense for a table top game. It doesn't make sense in a visual environment. If I can see my character hitting an enemy I should hit it. If I miss it should be because the enemy moved and dodged my attack.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Needing a website to do that for you, yes yo.
    Sorry, but its practically impossible to reforge 100% optimally by hand. There are thousands upon thousands of possible reforges that are 'close,' but the chances of stumbling on the perfect one isn't likely. If you don't use a website/addon to reforge perfectly, you are the one being lazy or cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I should hope that was an exaggeration, my warrior did more than that on shannox when she was well under hit/expertise cap and wearing an heirloom helm.

Anyways.. I'm not sure how much I agree with this thread. One side of my brain is like, "BUH. Stat balancing is laaaame." Then the other side of it (perhaps the larger side.. maybe too much WoW?) is like "BUH. Mindlessly putting everything into one stat!" I mean, if nothing else it's helpful for seeing if someone has a basic understanding of their character.. which is always a helpful thing to know it advance.
    Then you must really LOVE the new talent system in wow, which a two year old could set up to be good. ( I just tried with my niese and shes 1 year and 11 months now....Nuff said?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    Then you must really LOVE the new talent system in wow, which a two year old could set up to be good. ( I just tried with my niese and shes 1 year and 11 months now....Nuff said?)
    Judging from what you underlined, going to go ahead and assume that was sarcasm (as it's sometimes hard to tell from text).
    If not, I have no idea how you managed to get that from what I said.

(Also, niese isn't a word, sir.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    (Also, niese isn't a word, sir.)
    They meant niece, don't be a nazi.

Deleted
    It fucking tells you one the tool tips...
    it tells me on the tool tip how to reforge as close to the hit cap as possible while keeping my highest dps secondary stat as high as possible? what kind of tool tips are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    The new talent system adds a level of depth never before present in WoW. If whatever your niece clicked happened to be up to par TO YOU doesn't mean the talent system is flawed. It just says the options given aren't really ready for shipment yet because there isn't enough choice. Also, I have a feeling your reading comprehension must be at your niece's level considering there's not a single class's talent tree in which the choices are that cut and dry that you can click anything and get away with it.

The GW2 stat system sounds really nice but I think outside of hit, expertise and spell penetration, the stats in WoW add a lot of depth to the game. The amount of theorycrafting that goes into determining at which level mastery might surpass crit or why crit is even such a good stat to begin with is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    it tells me on the tool tip how to reforge as close to the hit cap as possible while keeping my highest dps secondary stat as high as possible? what kind of tool tips are you using?
    Nope, reading your talents helps with that though.

But that's the point. Guild Wars 2 doesn't need any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The GW2 stat system sounds really nice but I think outside of hit, expertise and spell penetration, the stats in WoW add a lot of depth to the game. The amount of theorycrafting that goes into determining at which level mastery might surpass crit or why crit is even such a good stat to begin with is absurd.
    And the absurdity of it, and the fact that all those stats aren't user friendly is why Guild Wars 2 is doing away with it.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-07 at 12:19 AM.

Deleted
    Nope, reading your talents helps with that though.
    how does reading my talents, help me with reforging to exactly 1742 or 961 hit rating with sacrificing the smallest amount, or none at all, of secondary stats that are highest dps to me? do you seriously even know what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The new talent system adds a level of depth never before present in WoW. If whatever your niece clicked happened to be up to par TO YOU doesn't mean the talent system is flawed. It just says the options given aren't really ready for shipment yet because there isn't enough choice. Also, I have a feeling your reading comprehension must be at your niece's level considering there's not a single class's talent tree in which the choices are that cut and dry that you can click anything and get away with it.

level of Depth - last time i read about it the new talent system only gives you skills that are not really necessary to any kind of damage increase or feeling of Power increase, its just a bunch of optional crap, that 99% of the player base will never use whatsoever.

Also i dont think it will be as simple in GW2 as many here seem to think, but that is something to be found when beta gets going.