Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    yeah i know, but it still remove you a shitload of mana.... and its pretty anoying when you are fear and the priest spam you MB... just saying

like a 1 button win in a low rating arena..
    Manaburn INSTANTLY breaks fear with a 100% chance.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    every time i face a priest... its always longer then 15min arena.... T-T like Hpally hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Drain Mana was a channeled spell so you could not run behind a pillar to LoS it
    Wrong. Once a spell is channeled, los will not break it. Just like mage's arcane missiles. Or, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4QpVaAQ.

Xindikawai, have you tried focusing the priest then? dk interrupts and silence and all he will be doing is heal himself instead of mana burning.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Wrong. Once a spell is channeled, los will not break it. Just like mage's arcane missiles. Or, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4QpVaAQ.

Xindikawai, have you tried focusing the priest then? dk interrupts and silence and all he will be doing is heal himself instead of mana burning.
    That's what i said...?

You're playing a shaman. Shears and grounding totem make it extremely difficult to be mana burned. Its a very long cast time, you have a lot of time to interrupt, ground or LoS it. If you're cc'd you can yell for your partner to interrupt. If your DK is sitting on the priest (which is pretty ordinary) then he should have a necrotic stack up, making it an even slower cast time, and between strangulates, brain freezes, death grips and potentially pet stuns, its basically impossible for the priest to land a mana burn (unless you and your partner are literally doing nothing to help yourselves).

The only comp where its particularly powerful is feral/disc, and thats mainly because of the spammable, undispellable cc of the druid that can give space for the priest to use it, but even then shaman teams have by far the easiest time against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Drain Mana was a channeled spell so you could not run behind a pillar to LoS it and i cant realy remember the hunter mana drain but i think that it worked like a DoT making the only way to get rid of it dispelling it and since it was a poison every class wasent able to dispell it while Mana Burn is a 2.5 sec cast(cant remeber if there still is any talents reducing cast time) that you can easly LoS.
    That's why it's still in game. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I hate it more than any other ability, its a pain in the arse trying to judge what to interupt, a heal thats going to take him back to full hp or a mana burn thats going to fuck over my healer and the wrong choice can often increase how long the games on for >.<
    Yeah it totally sucks when players have to make decisions. Nerf anything that requires thought to counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i'm kinda new to arena, i have to work more on los i know that We cant be good a the first time we step into a arena, i was just saying that to all i faced, mana burn was the spell i have most difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    but even then shaman teams have by far the easiest time against it.
    the thing is, shamy healer is one of the class i love the most as a healer :x so i play what i enjoy the most, i just need more practice
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-11-02 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    It is OP. Either have a friendly pillar near you or have your partner peel although in 2v2 it is harder.
    It's mana burn should scale just like cc durations do with usage.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2011-11-02 at 01:36 PM.

I have a few opinions about this particular spell!
    First of all, I do have a priest myself, 1800 rated in 3s, full ruthless etc.. I don't use it much in 3s, but in 2s I use it whenever I can, but because of the combo I play it can some times be very hard to get one off, though I put a little extra pressure on the enemy healer since he will have to move away/use another spell when he might not want to do so; thus it's a fun ability since it might be hard to pull off if you don't play the right setup, and because of this I'm perfectly OK with an extra cooldown on it if blizz decides to do so.

However, when I play against teams like disc/mage, and my partner is melee, it's just hopeless. In this particular scenario, it's probably the most overpowered ability in the entire game, simply because through clever control by both the mage and the priest, they can practially oom a healer during a sheep, sheep, fear, freeze, deep, ring combo, which is usually entirely unavoidable. I know some people would say "lol, dispel/run away/put pressure" etc., but I have a feeling these people either never played against a priest/mage combo before, they are extremely low rated, they play a combo which doesn't really care about burns (hello pala/warr?), or they actually play in one of these priest/mage combos and are completely ignorant.

Overall, I think there should be some penalty when using it. Higher mana cost, longer cooldown, damage to self (a lá shadow word: death), put it in same school as healing spells etc. so that you actually put yourself at risk for using it. I just think that for some combos where it's actually hard to use, these changes would make it alot more situational, while for the easier combos, they actually will have to think twice before using mana burn, and as a fellow priest, I'm completely fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    they took drain mana from locks, this shit spell needs to be taken from priests too. been in many an arena where a shadow priest will not even try to dps, but rather just focus a healer and spam mana burn with total disregard. it's a bullshit broken mechanic and if it was stripped from warlocks, it should be stripped from priests.
    I couldn't help but laugh after i read your post and looked at your avatar...

It was removed from warlocks and hunters because there was no cast time you could easily burn some mana with no skill involved priests have to cast it (2.5 cast) and they will be locked out of all there healing spells if it gets kicked. Priests are already in a shaky spot why nerf them when they are totally fine.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    If they remove the ability from one class, it has to go from every class that has an ability like it.
    I, good sir, are inclined to disagree with you here.
    People everywhere seem to have problems and tend to act unsatisfied when classes start to look too much alike.
    If you allow me to explain (Of course you do, as you can't really interrupt my writing..) this statement of yours got no hold anywhere. At all.
    "If they remove wands from mages, hunters should have their bows, x-bows and guns removed as well."
    Now, I know my example is a bit far fatched, but it's actually the same statement as yours.

Classes need to be different, they really do. If every class consisted of a ranged stealth-charging, mana draining, dotting, shield and plate wearing moonkin with
    wings, we'd only be in need of one class: Ditto from POKéMON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think if it gets a CD, priest should really get a baseline silence or interupt. cant do anything vs casters.

but mana burn isnt really that OP, it has a long cast time and also costs a lot of mana, i would rather swap it for an interupt tbh :P
    The game needs fewer spell interrupts, not more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt fear have DR? So, Tremor fear 1, let fear 2+3 hit ya, then just spam wind shear on the priest while your partner works on the lock, dispel fears on your partner.

I think its more a L2Play issue with the OP. 2.5 secs is plenty to interupt, it locks spriests out from the shadow school, and if you are being spammed with fear offensively, you and your partner are doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    it needs a drastic nerf, it drains an insanely high amount of mana for its low cost....also all the people saying pillar hump u need to get real....when the priests 2 teammates are ripping into ur teammate its really difficult to keep popping in and out from behind a pillar while trying to spam heals into ur teammate...so now ur choice is to either lose an absurd amount of mana or let ur teammate die...really needs a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The game needs fewer spell interrupts, not more of them.
    It's getting the Shaman Wind Shear nerf in 4.3 (buff if you are elemental or enhancement). So basically, if you are a resto shaman, you get 1 mana burn interrupted every 15 secs, and 1 mana burn absorbed from grounding every 22. Yes you have hex, ghost wolf to los stuff, tremor every 1 min, but if you are feared, stunned, blinded, imobilized, loled at etc. and during that time you get mana burned, you dont really have time to do anything else, like for instance, lets see, heal you r team mates being aoe'd to kingdom come from dks who need buff and warriors who need more abilities to stay attached to you like a leech. Maybe stop playing shaman! And others will say shamans are op in high rating arenas blablabla. Yes they are, but thats the hardcore player, not the average casual one. So we always end up to Blizzard's Benchmark quote: "Bring the player, no the class".

Trolled by blizz since WotLK!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Doesnt fear have DR? So, Tremor fear 1, let fear 2+3 hit ya, then just spam wind shear on the priest while your partner works on the lock, dispel fears on your partner.

I think its more a L2Play issue with the OP. 2.5 secs is plenty to interupt, it locks spriests out from the shadow school, and if you are being spammed with fear offensively, you and your partner are doing something wrong.
    i found that kinda rude but... ok.... (i HATE the expression L2P.) its just more practice, not a noob issue.
    but yeah we do need more practice. we dont have any problem exept a mana burn spam..

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisharga View Post
    It's getting the Shaman Wind Shear nerf in 4.3 (buff if you are elemental or enhancement). So basically, if you are a resto shaman, you get 1 mana burn interrupted every 15 secs, and 1 mana burn absorbed from grounding every 22. Yes you have hex, ghost wolf to los stuff, tremor every 1 min, but if you are feared, stunned, blinded, imobilized, loled at etc. and during that time you get mana burned, you dont really have time to do anything else, like for instance, lets see, heal you r team mates being aoe'd to kingdom come from dks who need buff and warriors who need more abilities to stay attached to you like a leech. Maybe stop playing shaman! And others will say shamans are op in high rating arenas blablabla. Yes they are, but thats the hardcore player, not the average casual one. So we always end up to Blizzard's Benchmark quote: "Bring the player, no the class".

Trolled by blizz since WotLK!!!
    its kinda sad when its the class i love the most as a healer..

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only time u can find time to mana burn is in 2s. which isnt serious pvp. if you have time to get mana burnt in 3s, your team isnt putting out enough pressure and should lose anyway.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    the only time u can find time to mana burn is in 2s. which isnt serious pvp. if you have time to get mana burnt in 3s, your team isnt putting out enough pressure and should lose anyway.
    i do 2v2, maybe that why its only in 2v2 i got mana burned.. haha
    (i am mostly a casual player in PVP, i tried 3v3 but i need more gear hehe (resto shamy, dk and hunter... not sur if we got a good combo T-T we do with what we have in our guild haha))

Yeah I hate mana burn, I really wish it would be removed.

I love it when I'm the priest but the other way around and it's really frustrating lol.