Thread: 4.3 feral?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D0%B0/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okaru/advanced

I would consider wowprogress to be pretty accurate as to who's a top 20 guild, and both of these players are in top 20 guilds.
    If you look more carefully you would see that this is nokaru's dps gear-.- despite he is in his tank spec...or you think that he is not reforging anything to dodge but is going for hit/exp cap as tank?

[QUOTE=Machida;14082536]I fail to see how mastery Top haste and crit with the Set bonuses we will get .

2T13 - You will like to get 5cp as much as possible Therefore haste/crit > mastery
    4T13 - you will like Ravage to do big damage therefore Crit>mastery

I didn't run Mew, I only did a lot of dummy tests . And mastery build was sub par 95% of the times .[/QUOTE)

the only reason haste is better is cause we cant get to 25 26 mastery in the current gear cause Fl gear is packed with haste to satisfy rogues grab 25 or 26 mastery then test it. and as norm haste is better on tank n spanks, how many more of them r we gonna see?

[QUOTE=sirwoodrow;14093405]
    Quote Originally Posted by Machida View Post
    I fail to see how mastery Top haste and crit with the Set bonuses we will get .

2T13 - You will like to get 5cp as much as possible Therefore haste/crit > mastery
    4T13 - you will like Ravage to do big damage therefore Crit>mastery

I didn't run Mew, I only did a lot of dummy tests . And mastery build was sub par 95% of the times .[/QUOTE)

the only reason haste is better is cause we cant get to 25 26 mastery in the current gear cause Fl gear is packed with haste to satisfy rogues grab 25 or 26 mastery then test it. and as norm haste is better on tank n spanks, how many more of them r we gonna see?
    on DS gear you have more haste then on FL gear

Quote Originally Posted by Healingftw View Post
    If you look more carefully you would see that this is nokaru's dps gear-.- despite he is in his tank spec...or you think that he is not reforging anything to dodge but is going for hit/exp cap as tank?
    Considering Xav is also doing it, it's a guild thing. I don't think many people would use a +240 armor enchant, agi/dodge gems, or stam/%armor metas in DPS gear.

Deleted
    Considering Xav is also doing it, it's a guild thing. I don't think many people would use a +240 armor enchant, agi/dodge gems, or stam/%armor metas in DPS gear.
    I can't consider a tank who is reforging to hit/exp a good tank.

Another thing to consider, it's been months since heroic ragnaros was progression for them. From my understanding, the reason for stam stacking is to compensate for not having a large amount of heroic gear (and hence lower stamina). Heroic modes were also nerfed by what, 15% or so? Further reducing the need to stam stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingftw View Post
    I can't consider a tank who is reforging to hit/exp a good tank.
    It's something you do after you've cleared all the content months ago and then they nerfed it all by 15-20%. Saying they're bad is pretty silly considering they're some of the best players in the world.

Deleted
    It's something you do after you've cleared all the content months ago and then they nerfed it all by 15-20%. Saying they're bad is pretty silly considering they're some of the best players in the world.
    If you read and more important, understand my previous posts, we woudldn't be argueing for silly things.And btw go and ask Nokaru what he was gemming during progression and what he will be gemming at the start of 4.3.(He was stamina gemmed, and i am sure he will be again once the progression starts again)
    Last edited by mmocbe32c89b1a; 2011-11-06 at 05:10 PM.

I didn't run Mew, I only did a lot of dummy tests . And mastery build was sub par 95% of the times .
    Even if you did 1k runs against a dummy, the deviation will still be larger than the difference.
    I call BS and say that you are making this up, especially since "sub par 95% of the times" doesn't mean anything statistically.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Even if you did 1k runs against a dummy, the deviation will still be larger than the difference.
    I call BS and say that you are making this up, especially since "sub par 95% of the times" doesn't mean anything statistically.
    i did about 20 test of each build and compared results . Nothing conclusive it's True . but it was just to say something against the many people that so sure mastery will Top in 4.3 without doing any kind of tests . I will run tests again on some raids and will show results soon .

Even pre-nerf, I'd say that tanks can easily go through firelands heroic with hit/exp reforging. The encounter mechanics are such that tank death is hardly a worry. The fight that would benefit most from full dodge reforging is Riplimb tanking on Shannox, even then I had no problem tanking Riplimb - almost all the wipes are caused by Rageface. Baleroc is arguable - but seriously if your healers can't handle back-to-back decimate blades the problem is with the healing not with Dodge%, so I'd prefer to go hit/exp as it's a DPS race. Alysrazor is one fight where you'd really want to have hit/exp.

If you really want to min/max your survival, then sure, go ahead and reforge full dodge. But if you are going to claim that it's going to make a significant difference to successfully clearing content, then I'll disagree with that.

Also, equating a tank's ability with his choice of reforging is just silly.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 04:28 AM ----------

i did about 20 test of each build and compared results . Nothing conclusive it's True . but it was just to say something against the many people that so sure mastery will Top in 4.3 without doing any kind of tests . I will run tests again on some raids and will show results soon .
    I can help you determine the significance of your result after you rerun the test.
    I'll need to know:
    Your buffs
    Stats (preferably screenshot character sheet) for both builds
    Total damage done or DPS for each single run
    Duration per run

But really, 20 trials is not going to be enough, especially if you do not have duration jitter that Mew does, since the value of all the stats also varies depending on the encounter duration.

Machida, you seem to be repeatedly ignoring or are completely oblivious to some actual simulation results I posted earlier.

391 gear, standard raid buffs with 4T13 instead of 4T12.
    mastery stacked: 37160 dps
    haste stacked: 36930 dps

Mew ran 100000 iterations for each test against your 20. Currently I am more inclined to believe Mew than you. Admittedly this gear level is a little lower than normal mode T13, but it is more precise than your trials. When Yawning releases a ptr Mew with the trinket procs, I'll start putting together some sims at that gear level to verify.

To the stamina to vengeance-debate:

Did you keep in mind that you don't get 14 (base) vengeance from 1 stamina? Blizzard screwed the transition, so you actually don't get 10% of your maximum HP, like the tooltip says. I can look up a source for that, if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.