Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sinestra strategy guide?!?!?!? Help!

I am currently looking for a good detailed Sinestra 10 man strategy guide and all of the places I normally look for guides dont have one to help out with explanations.

Tankspot
    25man.com
    icy veins
    BS.com

none of these have the sinestra strat...any help would be appreciated, Ill even take video strategies as well as print strategies.

thanks
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Deleted
    Setup:
    3 healers
    2 tanks
    5 dps

P1:
    You start off by placing everyone towards the right side with the boss tank on the leftish side.
    You emphasize twillight cutter in bw/dbm.
    Tank 1 tanks the boss throughout P1
    Tank 2 picks up all the adds, and makes sure he doesn't kill them.
    Healer 1+2 heal, healer 3 dispels wrack as much as humanly possible so the buff is never active more than 10 seconds.

P2 starts
    Tank 2 drags the whelps into the mana barrier as soon as the boss starts to cast it, once they are stacked everyone aoe's them. Once the first one drops tank2 moves slighty backwards and everyone kills them again.
    If you have a druid use stampering roar after the whelps are dead.
    Have 2dps+tank2+healer1 goto left egg and 2dps+healer3 goto right egg, tank1+healer2 handles the drakes, making sure it doesn't breath on people. When the small add spawns whomever is incharge of interrupting it runs back and starts dps'ing/interrupting it, when the eggs die everyone finishes off the little add and then the drake.

P3 starts
    Repeat of P1 just longer.
    Tank1 tanks boss
    Tank2 picks up whelps
    Healer 1+2 heal, healer 3 dispels wrack as much as humanly possible so the buff is never active more than 10 seconds.
    After tank2 has picked up 10 adds he runs towards the backright corner of the room, assisted by one of the healers and the ranged dps kills off the whelps in the same fashion they did under the barrier.
    After the whelps are dead tank2 picks up the boss and tank1 picks up the whelps.
    You kill 20 whelps in p3 from what I remember.
    You pop heroism when the buff fades after 3minutes.
    The boss should hopefully die before heroism ends.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-11-02 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    try fatboss

Google's first video.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not one of the people who hates on blizz for alot of stuff, but i hope someday ill be able to try this because it sounds quite a bit cooler than the new deathwing fight
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant seem to find a fatboss guide for sinestra for some reason...any suggestions?

thx for the L2R guide but im lookin for something tailored to 10 man to help with movement and strategies....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know anymore good guides I should look for?

10+ Year Old Account
    the video posted here + this is a boss you need to work out with your own guild like we did... a lot of wipes inc but once every1 is set its done.

The bulk of the mechanics for the fight, and the hardest part (The DPS requirement) are now fairly faceroll. The one thing that won't change is wrack... your healer in charge of wrack can and will slightly go crazy figuring it out... there's a sequence and spread/timing to each dispel.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sinestra-wrack-helper or such an addon will help tremendously out of the gate.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info everyone. I am the guilds Holy Paladin Wilandice, we apreciate the comments.
    Last edited by Bacpck; 2011-11-08 at 08:51 PM.

What if i'm already crazy? lol. Shaman healer, looks like i might spec into healing when i dispell for that fight. Sounds like it might be worth the 2 points.

Yilar gave a quite good description of the fight. I really don't know what you'd still need.

Just a small hint for the orbs/cutters. all without orb take a step to the right while the ones being chased run to the left. This decreases teh chance that someone dies when a raidmember reacts a bit later than he should.

One thing I'd review is his way of spamdispelling. We prefered the method to keep the debuff running as long as possible to prevent uncontrolled spread. Our healer who was mainly responsible for dispelling was laughing everytime the offtank got the first debuff due to this resulting in a lot higher debuff uptime on him = less time on others. I think he even used painsup on the first one if needed to delay the dispell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to Yilar for the good short strategy...

anybody got anything else with any protips or whatever you can think of to make this easier for us? We will have me(prot warr) on whelps and a prot pally on boss. We will be using 1 melee(dk) to do the interruptible add during phase 2. Ive watched several vids on handling orbs on youtube and Ive watched the l2r stuff several times. But at this point with our health levels from dragon soul gear what should we be shooting for as far as letting wrack tick for longer and timing on when we should be seeing the boss swap phases and stuff.

Any tips or tricks would be very helpful and appreciated!

thx

We will have me(prot warr) on whelps and a prot pally on boss.
    You should do it the other way around with the paladin on the whelps since he can bubble off the stacks of the debuff once. I don't really remember, but that might mean that you won't have to tank swap in the last phase of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Setup:
    3 healers
    2 tanks
    5 dps
    We have used this setup since it was current content:
    2 healers
    2 tanks
    6 dps

resto druids or disc priests can 1 heal easily while another healer is mainly on dispels - we usually use a pally for dispels

P3
    You can also just kill every set of whelps instead of waiting for 10. Makes it easier on the healers, just have a ranged aoe them quickly once they are in place.
    Last edited by Venith; 2012-01-09 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    The bulk of the mechanics for the fight, and the hardest part (The DPS requirement) are now fairly faceroll. The one thing that won't change is wrack... your healer in charge of wrack can and will slightly go crazy figuring it out... there's a sequence and spread/timing to each dispel.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sinestra-wrack-helper or such an addon will help tremendously out of the gate.
    And cutters too. You can't outgear cutters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venith View Post
    We have used this setup since it was current content:
    2 healers
    2 tanks
    6 dps

resto druids or disc priests can 1 heal easily while another healer is mainly on dispels - we usually use a pally for dispels

P3
    You can also just kill every set of whelps instead of waiting for 10. Makes it easier on the healers, just have a ranged aoe them quickly once they are in place.
    Thats true and thats how we killed it originally as well. But with the completely trivialized dps requirement theres no real reason to not add another healer just incase someone gets screwed up.

Sinestra is probably my favorite fight this entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IBroughtGuns View Post
    We will be using 1 melee(dk) to do the interruptible add during phase 2.
    The add is not interruptible in the traditional sense; that is to say that you won't be able to use Rebuke, Mind Freeze, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Strangulate, etc., on it. You have to interrupt it by using an incapacitate effect that breaks on damage (if it is stunned for more than a second it will generally wipe the raid) or a knockback/grip effect. It's easiest with a rogue using Gouge, but it can also be taken care of with stuff like Death Grip, Hibernate, Ring of Frost, Typhoon, Scatter Shot, etc. If you can list your specific group comp I can tell you will probably work best for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecktor View Post
    The add is not interruptible in the traditional sense; that is to say that you won't be able to use Rebuke, Mind Freeze, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Strangulate, etc., on it. You have to interrupt it by using an incapacitate effect that breaks on damage (if it is stunned for more than a second it will generally wipe the raid) or a knockback/grip effect. It's easiest with a rogue using Gouge, but it can also be taken care of with stuff like Death Grip, Hibernate, Ring of Frost, Typhoon, Scatter Shot, etc. If you can list your specific group comp I can tell you will probably work best for that.
    or warrior's Intimidating Shout which we feel very efficient as we have 2 warriors in 10m grp