Thread: Streaming issue

Streaming issue

Hey guys, i tend to watch a lot of streams of SC2 and Arena Junkies, my issue is it freezing up on me all the time....

Its not my bandwidth, or is it? What im trying to say is that when theres a lot of movement on the screen such as characters or armies with tons of explosions it locks up and freezes, but the audio still remains perfectly, until the video catches back up (which takes around 15 seconds), and when there isnt heaps such as standing there looking through his inventory and such, its fine

Because of my exchange i get around 300kbs download but i can stream 720 quality videos and such on youtube easily

Am i just being ignorant here thinking my bandwidth isnt the problem?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Grath; 2011-11-02 at 06:11 PM.

Streaming is based off your upload speed. speedtest.net and post the download/upload!

edit: and i'm assuming your computer can handle streaming & playing sc2 (at whatever settings you use) without lag!

What's your upload rate?

Also, please label it properly. Kbps = Kilobits per second; KBps = Kilobytes per second. 8 bits = 1 byte.

Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    What's your upload rate?

Also, please label it properly. Kbps = Kilobits per second; KBps = Kilobytes per second. 8 bits = 1 byte.
    MY APOLOGIES! I made a big typo here, i meant to say that i watch streams, i dont actually stream anything myself

speedtest: DL 1.77Mbps UL 720Kbps just if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    MY APOLOGIES! I made a big typo here, i meant to say that i watch streams, i dont actually stream anything myself

speedtest: DL 1.77Mbps UL 720Kbps just if your interested
    Should be good enough. Is your flash plugin up to date?
    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Anything else using up all your CPU?

What graphics card are you using? Is hardware acceleration enabled?

Should be good enough. Is your flash plugin up to date?
    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Anything else using up all your CPU?

What graphics card are you using? Is hardware acceleration enabled?
    I dont think the flash player is the issue, my card is a Gigabyte GTX 550 TI.. Hardware acceleration im unsure about and how to check

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I dont think the flash player is the issue, my card is a Gigabyte GTX 550 TI.. Hardware acceleration im unsure about and how to check
    Right click the flash applet. Click settings. A small option window will pop up. On display tab there should be a checkbox labeled "Enable hardware acceleration."

You might need to disable it as sometimes it's buggy.

It also could be the streamers problem or the streaming website's problem and not yours.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also make sure you are using the latest version of your web browser.

Right click the flash applet. Click settings. A small option window will pop up. On display tab there should be a checkbox labeled "Enable hardware acceleration."

You might need to disable it as sometimes it's buggy.
    I disabled it and it seems to help a lot, a little jumpy but not freezing, could possibly be the uploader?

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Also make sure you are using the latest version of your web browser.
    I never actually thought of that, but after changing the hardware acceleration this have improved HEAPS! Thanks for the help guys seems to be doing good now

Hopefully i dont have to necro this thread after a couple days