Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    But we know the Sith lose. I see his point, as it would be like playing Horde if you knew they would "lose" in the end.
    Well we know the Sith are going to lose within the next two thousand years. As people have said, due to the wars all the history of this era was lost, hence why we can have Chiss in the empire in TOR and yet no one knew what the Chiss were post-Eps. VI till after Thrawn showed up. For all we know the Sith empire obliterates the republic who is forced back into the Unknown Regions. The Republic finds a gigantic *insert superweapon here* comes back and reclaims control of the galaxy. It's all possible :P
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

I have been playing since vanilla and I bet a majority of people like me are just bored of wow. I won't be subbing for wow and definitely will subbing to swtor and maybe GW2.

But we know the Sith lose. I see his point, as it would be like playing Horde if you knew they would "lose" in the end.
    I'm not overly versed in Star Wars lore, but having the republic victorious at the end of Episode 6 is a good stopping point as any. Beyond the final movie, who's to say another Force user isn't born (Lukes or Leia's offspring, or others*), and untrained in the ways, becomes evil?

*Anakin was born via immaculate conception .. unless his mother was lying
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-03 at 05:17 AM.

Stopped my sub in WOW the day after MOP was announced, and im waiting for the early entry for SWTOR for the preorder population.
    I dont see me going back to WOW at all, If SWTOR turns out bad (highly doubt it) then ill take my gaming needs else where, but with the new direction that wow is going
    and how the community has degraded into what it is today, my WOW days are over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I'm not overly versed in Star Wars lore, but having the republic victorious at the end of Episode 6 is a good stopping point as any. Beyond the final movie, who's to say another Force user isn't born (Lukes or Leia's offspring, or others*), and untrained in the ways, becomes evil?

*Anakin was born via immaculate conception .. unless his mother was lying
    Funnily enough....{spoiler} Leia and Han's son Jacen does indeed fall to the darkside and succeeds in taking over control of the Galactic Alliance (the successor to the New Republic who was the successor of the Rebel Alliance from the movies). He gets involved in another galactic civil war before the jedi rebel and his sister Jaina kills him {/spoiler} (it's in white text, highlight it to read it)
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Gxeternal View Post
    and how the community has degraded into what it is today, my WOW days are over.
    BioWare said they do not want cross-realm PVE or PVP, so that will help community alot with SWTOR. As in WoW's earlier days, even PVP is so much better when it was same-server, since everyone knows they are accountable for their actions (or lack of actions). Also recognizing familiar faces on both team sides is kinda nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Funnily enough....{spoiler} <snip> {/spoiler} (it's in white text, highlight it to read it)
    good stuff

WoW + SWTOR for at best 2 months. After that period, SWTOR. And if that fails, out of MMOs.

I am not sure if I will buy SWTOR. Maybe on some boring weekend when I find nothing to do in World of Warcraft I will buy SWTOR. But for the moment I'll stick with World of Warcraft also because Diablo3 will probably hit in January and I will definitely buy that one. In the meantime I have an incredible guild in WoW and I don't intend to switch fully to SWTOR. We might go "multigaming clan" though.

7 years of Wow is enough, so glad Blizzard it made it easy for me to quit, in a SW:ToR guild and primed to play a Trooper AC Vanguard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaios View Post
    Maybe on some boring weekend when I find nothing to do in World of Warcraft
    i wish i was still getting this much enjoyment from wow

personally i feel that as im playing wow im constantly looking for the enjoyment i had in vanilla and tbc, and im constantly being let down by blizz who i feel is taking more and more steps in the wrong direction, i miss the game i played years ago and wish it were still around, but unfortunately i dont ever see it coming back, after the panda announcement i am officially washing my hands of wow and very much so looking forward to ToR, anyone not sure about ToR's "clunky/slow" gameplay really need to get a way to try the beta, the game is really amazing and the pvp is exceptional, had more fun playing 5 hours of ToR beta then the last 4 years of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I will personally be sticking with WoW, reason being I have tried most big name mmos and nothing compares to WoW. Iv tried Aion, Rift, Conan, War, etc and nothing really made it as far besides Rift which is not personally enjoyable.

Until TOR gains some momentum and/or my guildies move to it then I may play it, although I am a star wars fanboy

Edit: Forgot to say, unless I have a job I might just try it, atm im unemployed

Deleted
    bought the anual pass, so im already duel subbed did it for the beta , want to try out Mop if i like it or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth is I would love to continue playing World of Warcraft along side The Old Republic. Even if it was just to raid in World of Warcraft. I just can't get behind Pandaren. I know, I know, I can hear all the criticism now. It just feels so god damned silly. Not to mention the changes to talents and the general feel and direction of the game being somewhat appalling. Unfortunately I will likely only have one sub up come December. Diablo I will likely play along side The Old Republic however its not sub based.

Deleted
    I will be dual-subbed, but to Rift and SW:TOR. As soon as SW:TOR is out I will quit WoW for good. My guild know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    Unless they have a color changing light saber.. and pigtails.. Then I will debate it.
    Kek, those seem like very minor things to decide whether or not you should shell out 60+ bucks for a sub-based game =)

As a side note - you can change the color of your lightsaber through crystals.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 11:00 AM ----------

1. TOR is 3000 years before the movies.

2. The Sith do not lose, at least not in a "grand finale" fashion, even if you take the movies into account.

I refer you to this post on the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    If you sift through SW lore, it's all an endless cycle of either the Sith becoming extinct or the Jedi becoming extinct. But neither seem to ever go away for good, because they are the central philosophies of the SW universe. They are the ying and yang, they can never fully disappear.

It's a cycle, nobody knows where it will end.

You do realize that even episode 6 isn't the end of the official SW lore and there have been books about what happened afterwards, including Han Solo's son becoming a Sith?

From where I stand, it's a never ending cycle of good destroying evil destroying good destroying evil etc etc etc.

1.The Jedi killed a bunch of Sith and chased them out of the Galaxy.
    2.Then there were fallen Jedi that ripped apart the Republic and weakened it, like Exar Kun.
    3. Then there were Revan and Malak who started another Jedi civil war.
    4. Then there was the Sith triumvirate that wiped out 99% of the Jedi in the Republic.
    5. Then, the Exile defeated the Triumvirate and the Jedi Order was rebuilt. But the real Empire still existed.
    6. Then 3k years later, the Sith are gone and defeated, extinct.
    7. Then Palpatine brings the Empire back, issues order 66 and once again the Jedi are extinct.
    8. Then Luke Skywalker begins the Rebellion and defeats Palapatine and now the Sith are again out of the picture.

Doesn't this seem like a cycle to you? And why exactly does it have to end at episode 6, if there were moments in the past where it seemed like it all had ended but in reality it was just another part of the cycle?

Plus, yeah, the little fact that even if you're narrow minded enough to count the 6th episode as be-all-end-all, the game is still set 3000 years before it.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-03 at 11:01 AM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Won't be playing either.
    MMOs are my absolute favorite games but I simply do not have the time available to give them the attention they need to be playable for me.
    If that makes any sense.

I'll be playing whatever my friends play. Honestly though GW2 still looks the most appealing to me out of MoP Tor and GW2 but I'm giving them all a try cause they all have their things that look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    <Snip> NDA
    Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are less then 2 months from LAUNCH!

How can their still be such a strict NDA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are less then 2 months from LAUNCH!

How can their still be such a strict NDA?
    It's annoying the crap out of me as well but hey, on the bright side, once the mass beta invite thing starts, the NDA will be lifted, would be moronic if it were not
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

i'll be playing both, i'm intending to level in SW:TOR while the dragon soul raid is current content in wow, once MoP comes out, i'll be switching back and forth between SW:TOR and WoW for a while until my guild decides which game it would rather focus on.

but i'm hoping we can have 2 WoW raid nights and 2 SW:TOR raid nights a week and enjoy the best of both
    <insert witty signature here>