Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    now I will have to pay $30 dollars a month on online games because of how awesome SW:TOR looks anyone else going to be dual subbed to WoW and SW:ToR?
    I get my wow for free SO technically i will only pay $15 a month but i will be dual subbed. Heck, triple subbed for the F2P GW2 when that is out. Thank god I'm a huge nerd and don't care. Also once Tera comes out, its gona be a lot of MMO time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    Nah...I quit WoW shortly after I finished ICC in WOTLK. Just nothing there except a large grindfest and WOTLK was bad enough. Am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on SWTOR so that I can live and experience an amazing story. WoW had a rich story for awhile and then lost it with the Draenei and then all the goofy stuff in WOTLK.
    ^ same ish grinding bad, w/e both can be played at the same time, I raided with two diff guilds for about 3 months, but its rough.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

SW:TOR has a Sub fee?! Guess I can finally decide to play GW2 instead of SW:TOR then..

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    SW:TOR has a Sub fee?! Guess I can finally decide to play GW2 instead of SW:TOR then..
    Why wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    They're currently looking at maintaining server infrastructure for at least 760k people in the US alone, and that number is growing. That's if you count physical copies only.

That kind of infrastructure is incredibly expensive. A sub fee is the easiest way to maintain that.

15+ Year Old Account
    30 bucks a month is still cheap considering how much some people pay for a weekend of entertainment. I've techinally already spent 180 bucks for the next year on WoW + ToR's sub, but i make that all back in less than a month so, not really worried. Not like I personally use money for anything else.

Im just going to sub SWTOR until the next wow expac comes out then i'll give it a try and be duel subbed for a little bit....but when GW2 comes out im leaving wow for good .

I won't be dual subbed for more than 2 months I'd say, I have no faith at all that Bioware can provide decent endgame, but I still want to see what they do with the story so I have to play for a while.

I may come back to try out the monk, but iplayed wow for 6 years and i need something freash, and yes i know swtor plays like wow i don't care.

also to Rampant, everyone and their mom know swtor will have a sub fee. with as mush money they have going into it they need to have a sub base system.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably wait until I can try a trial before I decide to pay for SWTOR, I already have WoW (annual pass) and EVE (2 accounts) on my plate.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    its more like 24 dollars if u pay yearly (at 11.99 each I believe), which is a much better way to go, not to mention the free shit blizz is giving now. (diablo 3, DIII beta inv, the tyrael mount)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They're currently looking at maintaining server infrastructure for at least 760k people in the US alone, and that number is growing. That's if you count physical copies only.

That kind of infrastructure is incredibly expensive. A sub fee is the easiest way to maintain that.
    Your subscription fee is paying for content updates more than it is server maintenance.

Deleted
    Money is pretty tight and my interest in WoW has declined a lot over the last couple of years. So I will be investing a lot of my gaming time into ToR. To further sweeten the deal, two of my best friends from WoW are also moving to ToR with me as soon as it launches.

I'll be dual subbed. I can accomplish all I want to with WoW in 2 nights, the rest can go to SW:ToR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    I'll be dual subbed. I can accomplish all I want to with WoW in 2 nights, the rest can go to SW:ToR.
    which is the major problem with wow.. :/

I wont be re-subscribing to WoW, I think there will be enough in SW:TOR to keep me going, I dont intend to rush to max level if Bioware's magic is combining story with Gameplay. My plan for 2012 (gaming) is to play SW:TOR and CS:GO/ D3 and so on, plenty to keep me going when the weather is shit... which is quite often in the UK.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    which is the major problem with wow.. :/
    Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing.

Depends, if SW:ToR fleshes out to be a good game I may sub for it as well, however, the game begins with a score of negative for me as having to play a game concerning past events as a whole of it is not really my type of gameplay, don't get me wrong I like the CoT instances, however, having to live entirely in the past knowing your actions won't change the outcome as a gameplay kinda kills the "hero" part of the game I would like to commit to, as I may very well read up such events...

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Depends, if SW:ToR fleshes out to be a good game I may sub for it as well, however, the game begins with a score of negative for me as having to play a game concerning past events as a whole of it is not really my type of gameplay, don't get me wrong I like the CoT instances, however, having to live entirely in the past knowing your actions won't change the outcome as a gameplay kinda kills the "hero" part of the game I would like to commit to, as I may very well read up such events...
    The positive part of this is that there was a giant Sith War about 1000 years after the events in this game that wiped out most records from the era and those proceeding it. Basically, BioWare has free license to do just about anything they damn well please short of blowing up planets, because nobody in the movie timeline had any idea what happened during this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The positive part of this is that there was a giant Sith War about 1000 years after the events in this game that wiped out most records from the era and those proceeding it. Basically, BioWare has free license to do just about anything they damn well please short of blowing up planets, because nobody in the movie timeline had any idea what happened during this era.
    But we know the Sith lose. I see his point, as it would be like playing Horde if you knew they would "lose" in the end.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    But, no one king rules forever. So no matter what game you play, your faction will more than likely not ultimately win. Most swing back and forth, and until a story is truly over, it's never actually over.

Depending on what level of canon you want to use for SW, it's not certain that the Sith lose. It's entirely plausible that in the end, the Sith are the ultimate victors. And that happening thousands and thousands of years in the future could be a direct result of something you did in the old republic.

You never know.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net