Thread: LSU v. Alabama

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    tide needs new kicker man so many missed opportunities

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh!!! Hate losing like that. 4 missed FGs! Any game decided by kicking is lame. When you are on the losing end of such a shitty performance in special teams it just makes my head hurt. I am just glad that I got out of there at the half - the quad that is.

That said, LSU is legit! That D is insane! Tide has not had that many runs stopped all year. More negative yardage plays than I recall all season. Still think LSU offense is crap, but their D more than makes up for it.

Still hate their fans ofc. Unless you know Cajuns, you have no idea.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Alabama forgot one simple fact: they're a damn running team. Too many passes, not enough grinding out the ball. Some RNG bad luck kept them out of the end zone, but all in all they didn't stick to what they do best. They deserve that loss.

The game sucked to watch for me, unfortunately, which is all I wanted, an entertaining game. It wasn't so much the game as was the people in the room bitching about the broadcaster and the refs at every possible opportunity. I don't think I can go through that again.

Most boring, overrated game I have seen in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Alabama forgot one simple fact: they're a damn running team. Too many passes, not enough grinding out the ball. Some RNG bad luck kept them out of the end zone, but all in all they didn't stick to what they do best. They deserve that loss.
    RNG in football? Explain, please. Like a streaker running on the field?

Honestly, OSU and Kansas State was much more entertaining. As big an OSU fan I am, Collin Klein is a monster. Weeden consistently showed his "all or nothing" Brett Favre style with some terribly easy to read passes and gave KS free points.

LSU and Bama should not both be in the final game.
    Last edited by Projali; 2011-11-06 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Honestly, OSU and Kansas State was much more entertaining. As big an OSU fan I am, Collin Klein is a monster. Weeden consistently showed his "all or nothing" Brett Favre style with some terribly easy to read passes and gave KS free points.

LSU and Bama should not both be in the final game.
    Great defense is obviously not everybody's thing, but it wins championships! There is a reason that the SEC is about to win their 6th in a row. Nobody else plays any defense, much less good defense.

Oh ya, it very well could be a rematch in the championship. It is obvious to everyone that knows about football that LSU and Bama are both in a different league than all other teams. Should they not meet again, LSU will wax the floor with OSU or whatever lamb they send to slaughter.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Great defense is obviously not everybody's thing, but it wins championships! There is a reason that the SEC is about to win their 6th in a row. Nobody else plays any defense, much less good defense.

Oh ya, it very well could be a rematch in the championship. It is obvious to everyone that knows about football that LSU and Bama are both in a different league than all other teams. Should they not meet again, LSU will wax the floor with OSU or whatever lamb they send to slaughter.
    So are you of the same mentality that Auburn's last minute field goal to beat Oregon 22-19 in last year's championship was a "slaughter?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isayno View Post
    Most boring, overrated game I have seen in 15 years.
    Stick to watching OSU/KSU type games then that are 100% offense, 0% defense rather than watch a game that you should have known was going to be basically the opposite of that.

Great game. Can't wait to see LSU play an offensively dynamimc team like OSU, Stanford, or Boise. Got to wonder if that game will open the door for Boise. Alabama lost at home which will hurt them. OSU and Stanford still have games against premier teams left with Oklahoma and Oregon respectively. Have to wonder what happens if Boise is undefeated along with LSU and Bama lands at one loss. A rematch would be great, but seeing as Bama lost at home I hope they give someone else the shot.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-06 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Great game. Can't wait to see LSU play an offensively dynamimc team like OSU, Stanford, or Boise. Got to wonder if that game will open the door for Boise. Alabama lost at home which will hurt them. OSU and Stanford still have games against premier teams left with Oklahoma and Oregon respectively. Have to wonder what happens if Boise is undefeated along with LSU and Bama lands at one loss. A rematch would be great, but seeing as Bama lost at home I hope they give someone else the shot.
    Computer has passed up plenty of undefeated teams for the national title game so only time will tell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So glad OSU v Kstate was on at the same time. Lord that game was boring to watch, and I'm a hardcore Baseball fan.

Boring and over-hyped, and this is coming from someone who actually doesn't mind defensive oriented games.

Alabama going 2/6 on field goals is just bad football. This game was more about poor decisions and lack of execution than it was great defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Stick to watching OSU/KSU type games then that are 100% offense, 0% defense rather than watch a game that you should have known was going to be basically the opposite of that.

I think a lot of shit still has to happen to get Boise in the title game. There are still three BCS undefeated teams, and I'm willing to bet that two one-loss teams will go over Boise. Yeah, they'll still get a chance at a big name school in a BCS bowl, but not THE big game. And they'll probably do well. I just wish people would give them a chance. I have a friend who dismisses Boise vehemently, but then praises Kellen Moore as better than Andrew Luck.

As far as a possible rematch in the title game, not that I want it to happen for the sake of each school, but I want it to happen to question the BCS even more. With Alabama out of the way, I'm guessing on an LSU/OK St. title game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    Boring and over-hyped, and this is coming from someone who actually doesn't mind defensive oriented games.

Alabama going 2/6 on field goals is just bad football. This game was more about poor decisions and lack of execution than it was great defenses.
    Yeah, I felt pretty much the same way. I enjoy watching a close game, but a game of field goals is not what I wanted to see. Also, my friend kept mouthing about Mathieu being an incredibly cheap player. He was probably spewing from his ass, but is he really as bad as Nick Fairley was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    tide needs new kicker man so many missed opportunities
    Alabama's kicking game was embarrassing. I know some of those attempts were from 50+ yards, but I mean, some of those were HORRIBLE shanks. Like not even close to good. Their kicking game lost it for them.

I almost feel bad for them. Almost. I still cringe when I think about that one bowl game last year...

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 01:59 AM ----------

Oregon-Stanford next week.

Who's ready for the complete opposite of LSU-Bama? If both teams score under 45 points I'll be shocked.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense classic! this game was pretty awesome beside the fg failures. This was still a very memorable game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did anyone in here think the refs were being entirely biased (and the broadcasters being idiots), or should I just punch my friends in the face next time I watch a game with them?

I think that if you understand that the game plans for both teams were to run the ball to setup the throwing game, but because of the strong defenses on both sides of the field it neither side produced results they wanted.

Look at all the points both teams have scored in games this season and how similar the offenses are. Miles and Saban both had conservative game plans going into this game knowing that if their team slipped up the other would capitalize on it.

If anyone honestly believes that OU, OSU, Stanford, Boise, USC, or any other school would be more productive than Oregon or WVU were against LSU and win against LSU or Alabama is kidding themselves in my opinion. Trent Richardson is a NFL running back that is simply waiting until he's eligible for the draft. LSU's secondary with Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne is shutting down teams left and right and the LSU defensive line held the best RB in college football to 89 yards.

Critics are saying that the offenses were anemic and not championship level, but if you look at the points scored in every game but this one, it is hard to argue when all the other teams I named are just the bullies in their conferences. I respect all those schools, but you can't tell me that the SEC isn't the deepest conference in college football.

All I have to say, is that there needs to be an LSU fan support thread. I think I had like 3 heart attacks during that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ædious View Post

If anyone honestly believes that OU, OSU, Stanford, Boise, USC, or any other school would be more productive than Oregon or WVU were against LSU and win against LSU or Alabama is kidding themselves in my opinion. Trent Richardson is a NFL running back that is simply waiting until he's eligible for the draft. LSU's secondary with Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne is shutting down teams left and right and the LSU defensive line held the best RB in college football to 89 yards.

Critics are saying that the offenses were anemic and not championship level, but if you look at the points scored in every game but this one, it is hard to argue when all the other teams I named are just the bullies in their conferences. I respect all those schools, but you can't tell me that the SEC isn't the deepest conference in college football.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...oor-ole-oregon

I would agree that LSU appears to be the legitimate best team in the nation. The only gleaming difference between Bama's performance and Oregon's performance against them, though, is turnovers. Extremely similar rushing, passing, yards per rush stats between both games.

I wish any other team a, "Good luck" in posting better numbers than Oregon and Bama against LSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not expect to see this thread again.

Seriously, all of you SEC haters are delusional. This was SEC football. Don't like it, fine. Keep losing. We have no qualms taking every championship. Until you realize that football is more than a test to see who can score the most, you will keep losing to us.

This was 2 NFL defenses. I assure you that about 3/4 of the guys on that field will get a shot in the NFL.

Oh ya, look at who is sitting #3. Looks like the people that matter still think Bama is better than pretty much everyone else. OSU and Stanford still have some tough games. Boise does not deserve a shot. Join a real conference and we will talk, BSU. All setting up the real BCS championship game between, guess who, Bama and LSU!

It will happen. Look forward to talking about the rematch in about 2 months and more non-SEC fans complaining. Learn to play football if you are sick of watching SEC domination.

Good luck LSU! Hope to see you all again in January.

- Oh ya, Trent Richardson will be winning the Heisman. Still had about 150 total yards against the 2nd best D in the land.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    - Oh ya, Trent Richardson will be winning the Heisman. Still had about 150 total yards against the 2nd best D in the land.
    Oregon put up more yards than Bama did in overtime against LSU. LSU only had 34 more yards on Oregon than they did on Bama. LSU had the same exact yards per rush against Oregon as it did against Bama. Defense can't do anything about the offense giving a team 20 points from turnovers.

Can we stop acting like any team with a spread offense that scores like a basketball team can't also play defense?